visiting hydra!!

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
leonesa

visiting hydra!!

Post by leonesa »

hi, everybody
i'll be in hydra in a couple of month and i need some help to find LC's house.
i hope someone can give me the right directions
thanks a lot
marpessa

Re: visiting hydra!!

Post by marpessa »

Hello! We've visited Hydra 3 weeks ago - it's a beautiful, beautiful place; you are very lucky to be visiting her! And seeing Cohen's house was sort of like a musical pilgrimage, I'm sure you'll feel the same.

Finding Cohen's house is a bit tricky as the island consists of narrow streets with no street signs or anything. After an online search, we've found these very detailed instructions. It may seem complicated at first, but once you start walking according to it, you'll see it's actually very accurate and easy to follow. Here it is, credit tripadvisor.com:

"
Took us a while to find, until we were given detailed instructions. From the port take the street to the right of the clock tower. This street bends to the left then to the right past a supermarket. Keep going till you come to an open area with a taverna on the right and tables across the street on the left. Right after the taverna turn right, and go up the steps and turn left onto a street which is mainly steps going up. Keep going till you come to a street named A.KRIEZI (unusually there is a street name sign). Turn right and keep going till you come to the Four Corners supermarket (painted yellow). Turn down the narrow lane on your right exactly at the side of the supermarket. In the lane go left and then quickly right. Leonards house is on your left with a double grey door with a large 'hand' knocker, with a star of David under the knocker."
Hope it helps and good luck!
leonesa

Re: visiting hydra!!

Post by leonesa »

thank you so much marpesa!!
i''l share my experience when i'll come back home.
no doubts: it will be very touching being in hydra behind his house.

Return to “Comments & Questions”