Sartre?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Tjensensellers

Sartre?

Post by Tjensensellers »

Good Afternoon,
I am looking for a free pdf of LC's "Beautiful Losers" and I am also wondering if this work was inspired by Sartre's "No Exit".
Thank you,
TJS
LisaLCFan

Re: Sartre?

Post by LisaLCFan »

Don't know about the Sartre connection, but why do you want a "free" pdf? For one thing, I am quite sure that this book is under copyright, so a "free" pdf would be illegal. Also, there must be millions of copies of this book out there, a quick search on almost any online bookseller ought to give you access to dozens of copies, with used ones going for only $10-15, I should think. Any library ought to have copies, too, if you really don't want to pay for it for whatever reason.
harald

Re: Sartre?

Post by harald »

just found this quote in a post of herseydenvar here on the forum:

I didn't want to write for pay. I wanted to be paid for what I write. Leonard Cohen
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire

Return to “Comments & Questions”