Closing Time Video

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
grumbleweed

Closing Time Video

Post by grumbleweed »

I know this question has been asked before about the backing singers on closing time and someone mentioned the blonde as being Julie Christensen,but my video has no blonde, she has dark hair. Comments please
MarieM

Re: Closing Time Video

Post by MarieM »

The woman with the shorter hair is Julie Christensen. Her hair is actually blonde. The woman with the long dark hair is Perla Batalla.

From the Leonard Cohen Prologues
That's Julie on the left, Leonard in the middle and Perla on the right.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

And to my mind those two shade it as the best backing singers that had ever toured with Leonard Cohen. Julie sure was blonde
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
grumbleweed

Post by grumbleweed »

Sorry folks, I think I might be confusing you. Not the Official video with Julie and Perla. This one with Perla and unknown singer. Anyone know who she is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0m6-ZhRW7I
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

That is a typical video made by and for the local TV to promote the concerts of the tour.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
grumbleweed

Post by grumbleweed »

Hi Jarkko. OK right. Thank you for that

Return to “Comments & Questions”