The Leonard Cohen Shop

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
david birkett

The Leonard Cohen Shop

Post by david birkett »

I ordered a cd and tshirt of the new album from the above, and was told today, on chasing the order, that the cd hadn't been released. Could someone who has links with the fulfilment company take this up with them? I have cancelled my order and ordered the cd from Amazon, but there might be an issue here. My order ref was LCUK1293.
The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.
barnard3000

Re: The Leonard Cohen Shop

Post by barnard3000 »

Hi David

I'm Barnes I look after the LC shop.

Firstly please accept our sincere apologies there appears to be some misunderstanding in that the customer service operative who you spoke to was confirming that the LP had not been released not the CD. I am told that you had ordered the LP and not the CD?

Either way you have now ordered from Amazon but just wanted to clarify that the CD HAS indeed of course already been released and all orders went out last week in line with the release date of last Friday.

The LP release date is still set for 25th November.

Once again we can only apologise for any misunderstanding here.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I have had my issues with the LC Shop in the past and I have needed Barnes' help to sort out a couple of problems on previous orders but I have to give them a big pat on the back for the way in which they handled the You Want it Darker pre-orders. Once the discount problem was solved I put my order in and my CD and T shirt package arrived with the post on the day of release. That's more than Amazon managed. My husband pre-ordered a copy of the CD from them (actually ordered a couple of weeks before I ordered from the LC shop) and it did not arrive until late on the day after release, even though he has an Amazon Prime subscription. He was not impressed.

Wendy
david birkett

Post by david birkett »

Thanks, all. I was probably being daft, but I seem to recall the product description being 'cd/LP'. Anyway, I look forward to reordering the t-shirt.
The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.
barnard3000

Post by barnard3000 »

Thanks Wendy appreciate your feedback as always!

Hi David the listings do state CD/LP the option to select which format is given via the dropdown on the product page. Apologies again for any confusion there.

Glad to be of service, thanks again!

Barnes
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

From Barnes:
Just wanted to let you know we’re about to announce a 14% sale on the store very soon just to give you the heads up first so forum members can get first shot at this. It runs from today until midnight GMT on the 14th Feb.

The code is NOCURE and it awards 14% off this won’t be able to be used as well as the UNIFIEDHEART discount but it does give a little more off than that one so may be worth a mention.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
vlcoats

Post by vlcoats »

I was interested in the shop, but I didn't see a link for it. I am very new to the forum and could have missed it. Thank you for your help.
Vickie
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
vlcoats

Post by vlcoats »

Unfortunately, they don't ship to my postal code, but thank you for the link.

Return to “Comments & Questions”