G-d

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Vicomte

Re: G-d

Post by Vicomte »

Tchocolatl wrote:I may not always deserve all the epithets (and I may deserve others) but certainly not all this attention. It is not about Tch-c-latl here.
That's a very fair comment from you Tchocolatl. I didn't understand what you said but was accused by lizzy of being condescending, amongst other things, when it was no such thing. Such a shame someone else stuck their nose in when I suspect you and I could have smoothed it over, or even moved on and forgotten it altogether but then someone closing in on 25000 posts quite clearly feels the need to post on just about everything and anything.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

lizzytysh wrote:Of course, I remember all that, Vicomte; however, it doesn't justify your taking the condescending view of being wholly dismissive of what was written and the person who wrote it. You appeared not to try to understand, but rather a big, broad sweep and you were the one being too sane, too intelligent, too unencumbered by mind-altering substances to be able to 'get' it. Your post was a throwaway to begin with... it served ONLY to put someone down for what they wrote. Nothing to do with moving any discussion forward.
Wholly dismissive? What by saying it was bonkers and I couldn't understand it? FGS get a grip woman, you have now thrown a whole list of things that you bizarrely believe I am guilty of because I said I never understood that post. Are you on the same planet, what is this about:

You appeared not to try to understand, but rather a big, broad sweep and you were the one being too sane, too intelligent, too unencumbered by mind-altering substances to be able to 'get' it.

I loved that last line about being "too unencumbered by mind-altering substances to be able to 'get' it" what is that about, I was talking of yesteryear, you bring it to the present :roll:
You have far too much time on your hands lizzy, stick to what affects you and please stop trying to be the unofficial forum sheriff all the time.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

What I understand of you, Vicomte, is that you enjoy to fight tremendously. Thanks to the generosity of Lizzytysh you can go on with your favorite sport. What would we do around here if she was not keeping the saloon warm and enjoyable?

You will finish in the horse water container, head first. :D
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

. . . but then someone closing in on 25000 posts quite clearly feels the need to post on just about everything and anything.
:lol: Now, there was a time when that comment would have held up, but simply too many years have passed and too little observation on your part for it to hold water... :razz:

Valid comments made by Tchoc, so I'll leave it to you two to keep smoothing ;-)
I've just gotten home late and have to get up early tomorrow to be gone all day, so it all oughta be settled upon my return :D .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Tchocolatl wrote:What I understand of you, Vicomte, is that you enjoy to fight tremendously. Thanks to the generosity of Lizzytysh you can go on with your favorite sport. What would we do around here if she was not keeping the saloon warm and enjoyable?

Well one good thing, at least you understand me but sadly I am still having trouble understanding what the hell you are going on about but I would like a pint of what you are on :lol:
Neil from The Young Ones
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

You will finish in the horse water container, head first. 

I'll take the last drag of whatever you have in that roll up any day. ;-)
Jeez. Or should that be J--z.
You decide.
Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

:lol: :lol:
We called that part the "roach".... ;-)
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomtesse

Post by Vicomtesse »

Tchocolatl wrote:What I understand of you, Vicomte, is that you enjoy to fight tremendously. Thanks to the generosity of Lizzytysh you can go on with your favorite sport. What would we do around here if she was not keeping the saloon warm and enjoyable?

Not if I'm there watching his back!!!

Now that would be one tremendous cat fight!!
Vicomtesse

Post by Vicomtesse »

When I was at school we were taught that there were no vowels in the old Hebrew language so the name of god: Yahweh in Hebrew and Jehovah (which is a derivative of Yahweh) was actually spelt YHWH and JHVH. The names were known but not the actual spellings.
Therefore could this 'G-D' have something to do with that tradition?

Anyway, thank GOD for Vicomte's liking for a good argument/debate. It certainly makes life more interesting.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Thanks G-d that you are there to be willing to fight with him. Beat him like a dog. I mean beat him like a cat beating a dog.

While you are there, drive the car, don't let your man and the zimmy66 take the wheel.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
seadove

Post by seadove »

The*re is m*ch tr*th in wh*t you s-y. I me*n' you h*ve to res*ct every*ne's fee*ings he*e.

fr*m now on' if y-u wa*t to res*ct m-y dee*lings ple*se spl*t me up a-d ca*l me se*-dove.

tha*ks
Judy

Post by Judy »

:D :D :D
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

seadove appears to have a keyboard problem. Sticky sweet stuff can cause some keys to stick....just saying.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Tchocolatl wrote: While you are there, drive the car, don't let your man and the zimmy66 take the wheel.
Far out Tchocolatl, gorra drive down to the vending machine, man 8)

http://lowres.jantoo.com/society-pot_on ... 89_low.jpg
Neil from The Young Ones
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

leonardthecat wrote:G-d knows
That's the title of a very good Dylan song - though the hyphen is replaced with o
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013

Return to “Comments & Questions”