LISBOA PORTUGAL (Sept 10)

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
catswhiskers

Re: LISBOA PORTUGAL (Sept 10) ON SALE NOW

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi to all my friends out there.
The time is fast approaching--and we still haven´t agreed a meet up.
So shall we say "Peters Bar",anytime from 7pm onwards?
I gather that at the venue you just turn to your left,and Peters Bar is somewhere along the water front?
I shall send a private message to Magdasto to tell her the plan.
Juan Luis--after you have finished waltzing with Magdasta--can you PLEASE waltz with me??? Though i shall probably step all over your toes as i am a dreadful dancer!! But i shall be at the concert on my own- :( .-and to dance with Leonards music would make my night.
So see you all very soon.
Love and kisses
Catswhiskersxxxxxxxx
JaimeB

Post by JaimeB »

So it will be Peter´s café at 7. Hope to meet you devoted Cohen fans!
www.pintur-as.blogspot.com
Juan Luis Corcobado

Post by Juan Luis Corcobado »

catswhiskers wrote: So shall we say "Peters Bar",anytime from 7pm onwards?
I gather that at the venue you just turn to your left,and Peters Bar is somewhere along the water front?

Juan Luis--after you have finished waltzing with Magdasta--can you PLEASE waltz with me???
Catswhiskersxxxxxxxx
I'm not the best dancer in the world, but I will endeavor :-))) The meeting could be at 7.00 pm. The Peter's bar is just across the Tejo River estuary. In a previous post I put a picture of the area. The bar is on the wall of the pavilion closest to the water.

Besos.
Juan Luis Corcobado Cartes
Pal. Deportes de Madrid 1993 | Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009 | Pal. Deportes de Madrid 2009 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012 | The O2 Dublin 2013
corcobado[at]gmail.com
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

THANK YOU SO MUCH,JUAN.I just hope he plays "take this Waltz" now!!
I was reading some other concert reports where they say he cut "So long Marianne" from the set list---Please,he just CAN´T do that to us---he knows how much we all enjoy singing the chorus :) :)
So its a week today Still can´t believe it is really happening AGAIN.
So see you all at "Peters Bar".I am sure we will all be able to recognise one another--by the look of pending happiness in our eyes :D :D
sceachgeal

Post by sceachgeal »

I bought 6 VIP tickets front row seats for Lisbon (my wife and I and 4 friends). Unfortunately due to circumstances we will be unable to attend. I paid an insurance sum when buying the tickets to cover this eventuality however the booking company are very hard to contact and do not reply to my email. I have a horrible feeling that my 75 euro+ per ticket is likely to go down the drain. Anyone got any experience of these situations and what the best course of action is? Will the seats remain empty, will the tickets be resold. How would I know?
when she came back she was nobody's wife . . .
Juan Luis Corcobado

catswhiskers wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH,JUAN.I just hope he plays "take this Waltz" now!!
I was reading some other concert reports where they say he cut "So long Marianne" from the set list---Please,he just CAN´T do that to us---he knows how much we all enjoy singing the chorus :) :)

You're right, catswhiskers. Even I, with my bad English (is something that has no solution), I am able to sing the chorus... :-)
Pal. Deportes de Madrid 1993 | Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009 | Pal. Deportes de Madrid 2009 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012 | The O2 Dublin 2013
corcobado[at]gmail.com
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Sceachgeal---that is really sad.Have you tried telephoning Blueticket.at 0351 218918409--though only open between 3pm-5pm.Other than that i have no solution to offer--but i really hope you don´t lose all that money.
Saying that i am sure there will be someone willing to buy front row tickets? I have a VIP ticket,but its row F--I would do anything to have a front row ticket :) :)
I really hope you are able to sort this out--Such a shame you can't make it here--you will be missing a wonderful concert.
Sorry i cannot be more help--and wish you luck.XXX
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hello again
I have just been checking out the Blueticket site,and the concert is only listed as being for 2 hours :shock: :shoc
k: Surely this CANNOT be true????
Juan Luis Corcobado

catswhiskers wrote:I have just been checking out the Blueticket site,and the concert is only listed as being for 2 hours

I guess this is something they always write :-)
corcobado[at]gmail.com
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Setting off on the first leg of my journey to Lisboa tomorrow, without laptop, so hope to meet some or all of you who posted here , either in Peter's from 7 on, or at the concert. Glad it's Lisbon, not Las Vegas...!!! :lol:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
pemaleso

Post by pemaleso »

I'm very happy!

I'll be there with my wife.

We both love your songs!
lmc

Post by lmc »

bom-dia!
weather will be lovely today here in Lisboa, and I am very happy that L. Cohen is returning to my home country:)
see you all tonight.
Luis
2008: Lyon / Lisbon / Nice / Vienna x2 / Paris x 3
2009: Nantes / Paris / Lisbon / Colmar / Nimes / Barcelona
2010: Gent x 3 / Lisboa / Strasbourg / Tours / Lille
2012: Ghent 12th, 14th, 15th / Paris x 3 / Madrid / Lisboa
2013: Paris / Bruxelles / Rotterdam / Amsterdam
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Biting all the pencils and checking the clock: ready to leave at 2 PM, take the kids to my brother-in-law's and... Lisbon: here we go.
See you all at Peter's.
Love, magda
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
hazey

Post by hazey »

Still some hours to go, can't wait.
See you all soon!
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
boirina

Post by boirina »

My plane leaves in about 4 hours and I still can't believe I'll make it to another concert...

I'll see you all tonight. :)
* Palma 1988 * Lisboa 2008 * Lisboa 2009 *
* Palma 2009 * Lisboa 2010 * Lisboa 2012 *

Return to “The World Tour 2010”