LISBOA PORTUGAL (Sept 10)

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
boirina

Re: LISBOA PORTUGAL (Sept 10) ON SALE NOW

Post by boirina »

Yes!!! :)

I must say I am so happy that I've jumped all around the house with a huge smile on my face. You see, I knew that if this had to be the weekend. After September 1st it's difficult for me to travel during the week, and there was just no way to travel to any of the other concerts without missing a day at work. My only hope was that there would be a concert on this particular weekend, and that it wouldn't be too difficult to get there from Mallorca. The idea of Galicia wasn't too bad, but only last week I was telling my husband how nice it would be to see Leonard again. And then I added "in Lisbon". I adored the audience at the Pavilhão Atlântico last year.

So, my husband called me this morning from Portugal to tell me about the concert and now I've already got my concert tickets (6th row this time) and my plane ticket. So, I'll see you all again in a month. I'll get to Lisbon a few hours before the concert and I'll barely have time to go to my friend's house (yes, I'll be using the same sofa, and I'll be attending with the same friend...) and then to the venue. But I'll be staying until Sunday in the afternoon. And I hope I'll have the chance to meet you for a glass of Super Bock somewhere. :)

I'll go jump around the house some more. :)
* Palma 1988 * Lisboa 2008 * Lisboa 2009 *
* Palma 2009 * Lisboa 2010 * Lisboa 2012 *
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Would love to go to this concert but the flight times and prices are against me :cry: Enjoy all of you who are going. :D
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
boirina

Post by boirina »

burningviolin wrote:Would love to go to this concert but the flight times and prices are against me :cry: Enjoy all of you who are going. :D
Ana and I will definitely miss you! It was nice meeting you last year. :)
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

boirina wrote:
burningviolin wrote:Would love to go to this concert but the flight times and prices are against me :cry: Enjoy all of you who are going. :D
Ana and I will definitely miss you! It was nice meeting you last year. :)
Thanks Boirina, I enjoyed your company and it was lovely to meet both of you last year as well! Enjoy the concert, I know that won't be hard! :D
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
sceachgeal

Post by sceachgeal »

burningviolin wrote: Would love to go to this concert but the flight times
Pretty impossible from Cork all right but Aer Lingus daily Dublin Lisbon or Ryanair to Faro?
when she came back she was nobody's wife . . .
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

sceachgeal wrote:
burningviolin wrote: Would love to go to this concert but the flight times
Pretty impossible from Cork all right but Aer Lingus daily Dublin Lisbon or Ryanair to Faro?

Yeah, leaves early and gets in late to Dublin though meaning its a longer trip than I could do. Nevermind, if I win the lotto I'll charter a plane and fly us all out there :D It'll be a great gig, the audience were great last year as well as the whole band themselves, so to you lucky people who are going, enjoy!!
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

I cannot believe it.I have just returned from England and missed the presale!!.
Thankyou SO MUCH MAGDASTA for letting me know---I´m in VIP F 30.So I shall be seeing my Leonard again!!
Is BLUEBIRD going??
Is it the same venue as last year? Also anyone know of a hotel very close by???

Love to everyone,and see you all again.
TipperaryAnn

Re: PRESALE TO LISBOA PORTUGAL NOW

Post by TipperaryAnn »

sceachgeal wrote: a certain madness took hold and I have booked VIP row tickets for Lisbon anyway!!!
I know how you feel, Sceachgeal, I've done the same ! :D
Thanks to Jarkko and Heike I got in before the presale ended. Direct well priced Aer Lingus flights from Dublin and tickets much cheaper than in Ireland proved irresistible. Hope to see some of you there !
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Juan Luis Corcobado

Post by Juan Luis Corcobado »

catswhiskers wrote: Also anyone know of a hotel very close by???
The closest one:

Hotel Tivoli Oriente
Avenida Dom joao II, Parque das Nacoes
1990-083 Lisboa, Portugal

http://maps.google.es/maps/place?cid=58 ... 12&iwloc=F

... But not cheap :-(
Juan Luis Corcobado Cartes
Pal. Deportes de Madrid 1993 | Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009 | Pal. Deportes de Madrid 2009 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012 | The O2 Dublin 2013
corcobado[at]gmail.com
Grainnemhaoil

Post by Grainnemhaoil »

Hotel Tryp Oriente 4 stars. Good reviews.

beside concert venue, airport, train station and the fourth biggest aquarium in the world :) (I like fish)

€64 B&B on http://www.eurobookings.com or http://www.solmelia.com

After seeing the concerts in Sligo I couldn't resist travelling to Portugal, reasonable flights and accommodation and a front row ticket that was less expensive than the cheapest available sligo ticket!
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
blue_bird

Post by blue_bird »

catswhiskers wrote: Is BLUEBIRD going??
Hello Catwhiskers!Of course I will, but how could I stay home with Cohen playing in Lisbon. I hope he is careful to change the set a little this time. It was very nice to hear "Story of Isaac", "A singer must die", "Avalanche", "Lover, Lover, Lover", "Memories" and why not "Joan of 'Arc" ... me and Isabel VIP Row B seats 11 & 13... :)

ps:High point will be heard again Famous Blue Raincoat again (preferably with the sax solo harmonica instead of) ;-) See ya next September 10...
Coliseu dos Recreios Lisboa 1988, Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 (Meet Cohen at a cafe on the main Lisbon's avenue on the concert's eve), Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Thank you all SO much.Glad Bluebird will also be there--guessed he would!!
I have booked into the Tryp Oriente--good price.
Have been checking out the concerts hes played so far---lots of changes to the set list.PLEASE sing "Joan of Arc"!!!
Am so excited i can barely speak. :lol:
Am going alone this time--partner feels hes been "over-cohened"!! :lol: :lol:
I can go on seeing him forever :D
Love to you all--and see you on the 10th.Any meet ups arranged??
boirina

Post by boirina »

catswhiskers wrote:Love to you all--and see you on the 10th.Any meet ups arranged??
I was asking exactly the same question! I definitely think that we should arrange something.
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Yes,I agree.I am up for a time and a place.Bearing in mind my knowledge of Lisbon is nil--just hope i can find my hotel :roll:
Also my knowledge of the language hasn´t improved since last year :) :)
But if anyone has any suggestions--i would dearly love to meet up.xxxxxx
boirina

Post by boirina »

Last year my friend and I went for something to eat before the concert to a place which is very close to the venue. There are a lot of bars and restaurants nearby, and there is a lovely long garden with a fountain. Maybe that could be a good place. Or... even better, give me a few days, and I'll ask the friend I'm staying with. She will provide suggestions for places to meet and all the details on how to get there by bus, metro or taxi. My friend is now on holiday in Alentejo, but I will tell her to register here when she's back in Lisbon. :)

I was afraid that school might start on the day of the concert because I hadn't checked when I bought the tickets. Good news is lessons start on the 13th for most students, but mine will start on the 22nd as I will be teaching older students. This means that I may miss a meeting, but that shouldn't be a problem at all. :)

I'm counting the days. :)

Return to “The World Tour 2010”