AUSTRALIA AND NZ - TICKET LINKS

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
blonde madonna

Re: AUSTRALIA AND NZ - SALE INFO

Post by blonde madonna »

Ahem, there is a chat thread somewhere else, could we confine this thread to sale info?

And before you ask Ania I am very relaxed with my glass of wine waiting for Jarkko to post something interesting.

BM :D
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
kibberts

Post by kibberts »

Small Dragon wrote:Hey guys!

Has anyone ever been to the ME Bank Stadium in Perth?
Never been there, so just wondering about the venue, sound quality and of course the preferred seats? Yes, I know the first row is the best, just in the case I can't get these seats..

Thanks
I've been there for the rugby before, so it's not exactly huge. I'd reccommend the seats on the grounds where the stage is!
Small Dragon

Post by Small Dragon »

suburban.hornbag wrote:I haven"t been to that stadium, but I think probably anywhere in the centre of the first 10 rows is generally good anywhere.
Thanks.
My question was was more regarding spots beside those in the centre, which are obviously the best seats.

Any other suggestions?
Does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference between the west stand and the east? How far are those from the stage?

Thanks in advance! :)
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag »

blonde madonna wrote:Ahem, there is a chat thread somewhere else, could we confine this thread to sale info?

And before you ask Ania I am very relaxed with my glass of wine waiting for Jarkko to post something interesting.

No worries, good idea.
ania

Post by ania »

blonde madonna wrote:Ahem, there is a chat thread somewhere else, could we confine this thread to sale info?

but im SO enjoying chatting here!
"It's strange. You never start out life with the intention of
becoming a bankrupt or an alcoholic or a cheat and a thief.
Or a liar." -- Raymond Carver
ania

Post by ania »

Leonard Cohen:
TOTAL Dining Experience

Acer Arena is pleased to present the Leonard Cohen TOTAL Dining Experience! <-------- RICHARD-LESS!!

* Guaranteed Platinum Reserve Seating or Gold Reserve Seating Concert Ticket
* 90 minute hospitality event prior to the concert
* A sumptuous Three Course Dining Experience by our Award Winning Chef (your choice from Chef's specially designed menu)
* Matched with superb Premium Wines, Champagne, Beer and Soft Drinks
* Return Post Show for Cheese & Wine, Tea & Coffee
* VIP Souvenir Lanyard for each guest
* Pre show entertainment
* Private themed Function room
* Guaranteed parking in P1~
* 1 guest will win a Lucky Door Prize at Post Show Event#

~ One parking ticket per two show tickets
# Must be in the room to win
Venue Information

* Acer Arena Function Room, NSW
"It's strange. You never start out life with the intention of
becoming a bankrupt or an alcoholic or a cheat and a thief.
Or a liar." -- Raymond Carver
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Hi,

I have been watching all day and I walk away and what happens!
Anyway just bought row C seats 21+22 in Wellington, not sure if this is good or no, but I am going again!!!!

g
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
crimpies

Post by crimpies »

You don't find out your exact seats with those dinner packages. For the price that's pretty rough.

P.S. Here's a Wellington map.

The floor block seating numbers are: 1-22, 23-44 (middle section), 45-66

Melbourne Feb 5 2009 / Melbourne Feb 10 2009 / Wellington Oct 31 2010 / Wellington Nov 1 2010 / Melbourne Nov 12 2010 / Melbourne Nov 13 2010 / Sydney Nov 16 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I'm going offline now - will check my incoming emails twice during the next 12 hours.
IF there is something important (like the presale times etc from AEG), I will connect with the Forum.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
repo

Post by repo »

Small Dragon wrote:
suburban.hornbag wrote:I haven"t been to that stadium, but I think probably anywhere in the centre of the first 10 rows is generally good anywhere.
Thanks.
My question was was more regarding spots beside those in the centre, which are obviously the best seats.

Any other suggestions?
Does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference between the west stand and the east? How far are those from the stage?

Thanks in advance! :)
I went to see Eric Clapton there and we were right up the back and it was terrible...we said we would never return. Why isnt Leonard at Sandalford again..that was brilliant. Because it is Leonard we will return and try to get the best possible seats. From memory dont think it matters if you are left or right as the stage is central..just try to be close.
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

ME Stadium in Perth, is not too good for Rugby Union let alone music concerts, I saw Pavaroti there a couple of years back, you do have to be up close, don't even consider Platimum tickets - you might as well wait for the DVD. I was sent this information this afternoon - I'm putting a group together - if anybody wants to join with us, you're very welcome.

Dinner & Show Package
The ultimate dinner and show package including a pre-show function with sit down 3 course meal plus GOLD concert tickets. What an experience!

3 course formal dinner including pre-set entree, main course service, half time buffet style dessert service and tea and coffee.
1.5 hour premium beverage service in the ME Bank Lounge
GOLD seating
$499.00 per person
The Dinner and Show seats will be located in block A4 and A5.
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
repo

Post by repo »

Greg Ross wrote:ME Stadium in Perth, is not too good for Rugby Union let alone music concerts, I saw Pavaroti there a couple of years back, you do have to be up close, don't even consider Platimum tickets - you might as well wait for the DVD. I was sent this information this afternoon - I'm putting a group together - if anybody wants to join with us, you're very welcome.

Dinner & Show Package
The ultimate dinner and show package including a pre-show function with sit down 3 course meal plus GOLD concert tickets. What an experience!

3 course formal dinner including pre-set entree, main course service, half time buffet style dessert service and tea and coffee.
1.5 hour premium beverage service in the ME Bank Lounge
GOLD seating
$499.00 per person
The Dinner and Show seats will be located in block A4 and A5.

Greg....Why do you say not to bother with platinum tickets. As they are the most expensive I was presuming they would be the best...do you know something I dont???
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Greg Ross wrote: I'm putting a group together - if anybody wants to join with us, you're very welcome.
Greg

I would love to say "yes" on behalf of my sister and I but $499 x 2 is a bit steep.

It's a shame that they have chose a stadium this time round. Everyone seemed to rave about the 2009 venue. I guess we can only hope that the sound crew can do their usual great job against overwhelming odds.

Wendy
Small Dragon

Post by Small Dragon »

Hi again!

Repo, Greg and Wendy- thanks for your replies.
However, I still have concerns and doubts about the venue and the best location. Also taking into the account the ticket prices (it's not that cheap, thought) and the fact we saw him last year.

I can say one thing, last year we had the same doubts and speculations about the show.
We went to Israel last year for some kind of research team, and then were informed of Leonard show. The thing was that they picked up the Ramat Gan football stadium. What a shame. Open space, awful location, and from reviews and previous gigs (Depeche Mode was a total disaster) we got the impression it's gonna be another disaster. Moreover, Leonard used to perform in small, closed more intimate venues (up to 10000 people in general, and there he performed for 50000. Tickets prices were high as well.. (more than 450$ for the lawn seats.. we paid 100 for the grand stands) Nevertheless we decided to go, as that might has been the last chance to see him live.

Despite everything was said and written prior the show- it was fantastic. We were in the east stand, not so far from the stage, but the sound was fantastic, you could hear everything. Also they put huge screen with HD transmission, so even people in the back could see well. That been said, people who paid for the most expensive tickets appeared not to enjoy the show as they were standing for more than 3 hours, otherwise you couldn't see nothing on the lawn. So, is it worth to pay so much to be close and stand? As you can pay much more and still have a wonderful time?

So these are our concerns. Never been to ME Bank Stadium. But we saw it;s not that small, so looking for some suggestions or whether to go or not. We really want to, but if it takes to pay more than we can afford to to get a good tickets, we might pass...
Just afraid that buying tickets not close or in the center could "cost" us..

Greg, I would love to join the group, but I'm not ready to put more than 400$ pp for an extra entertainment, gotta invest that is something better :)
cliveb

Post by cliveb »

Auckland performance. Hi to anyone looking for tickets for Auckland. I have called Ticketmaster this morning (Sat) and they advise there is a working link for fanclub members and sales have been going through. As yet I see no link on this forum for Auckland. Can anyone provide any information on how to access this link?

Return to “The World Tour 2010”