Backmasked message found in Cohen's Secret life

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!
Birdonawire

Re: Backmasked message found in Cohen's Secret life

Post by Birdonawire »

Hi Myrtone, you seem to really know your stuff. Fair play to ya!
Although it seems I can't download the file without first buying into the site. Think i'll try record
the vinyl onto tape and see if I can play that in reverse. Let you know how I get on.
Last edited by Birdonawire on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

If you have a record player, tape the required song on an old cassette that you can open...with screws, reverse the tape and put it back
then press play ,and you get the whole track played backwards.we used to do this 20 years ago'they used to play songs backwards
and we figured out how to win

hope this is of some help
be interested in the secret messages!!!!!
you got my email adress
love is not forgotten......
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

"There's more than one way to skin a cat," they say... even though I abhor the use of a cat to make their point :roll: . Great suggestion, Jimbo. Can you do that in any semblance of neatness or might some people end up with the whole spool of tape loose, piled up, and tangled?

I'm interested in the 'message,' too... so, hopefully, whoever gets it will put it here.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

some people might. you just have to do it methodicaly.
i dont have vinyl or record player.and any way i have enough to learn about
Leonard going backwards from the book of longing.if there is a message.its for who ever he wrote the book o l for to understand.
I would love a copy of BOM and would gladly pay for it in advance.could you please.???
love is not forgotten......
damellon

Post by damellon »

38 minutes ago I received notification that there had been a fresh post since I last visited this thread - 7 months after the last entry.
Is that a record (played backwards)? or is Jarkko sending me a subliminal message? :o
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”