Old Ideas: Notes On Dear Heather have been published

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!
tomsakic

Old Ideas: Notes On Dear Heather have been published

Post by tomsakic »

Old Ideas: Notes On
Dear Heather
:D

------------
The link was edited because we moved to the new server. (29.6.2005)
Last edited by tomsakic on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Tom ~

I'm #14,452 visitor to your site [though not my first time :) ], as I've begun reading your compilation of "Old Ideas: Notes on Dear Heather." I've only just finished the first one, on "Go No More A-Roving" ~ excellent reading :D . Excellent idea :D . In reading these, we learn or are refreshed on so much more about Leonard than 'just' these great songs 8) . Do you have any plans to do this with all of his albums :shock: ? :wink: Kudos to everyone involved in this comprehensive, worthwhile project 8) . This is so cool to finally be catching up on the Forum :) .

Love,
Lizzy
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Well - didn't you see it before!? Anyway, you're also somewhere down the line :) I believe in Tennesse Waltz. Thank you - this is the first actual feedback. Yes, it was planned to do it for all the songs in next few years, and I did collect some ideas, mostly shared on this forum (Closing Time, Famous Blue Raincoat, Ballad Of The Absent Mare)...
Old Ideas need to be updated: few weeks ago Leonard sais one sentence about the album (in that gossip column form Vancouver - they saw him on the street and asked why he didn't promote the CD [well, that's gonna change with the new clip] and what he thinhs about the record). Also, tom.d.stiller started to write something about To A Teacher, but he became lost in rages of life :o Plus, we had some new idea shere on the forum, couple of them, but I didn't have time to collect them yet - and we need to have more materials for updating.
Anyway, I believe Old Ideas are interesting accompaniment to the record.
tom.d.stiller

Post by tom.d.stiller »

Tom Sakic wrote:Also, tom.d.stiller started to write something about To A Teacher, but he became lost in rages of life :o
Yes, somewhere between the rock of job and the hard place of getting hold of some necessary sources :(

However, there's some light at the end of the tunnel. (Hopefully not another train on the same rail... ;))

Cheers
tom
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Tom ~

No, I didn't. I went out-of-pocket after January 4, and am just now really making my way back in and around here. A lot of catching up but, as always, it's worthwhile to do so :D .

I love the name Old Ideas.
Anyway, I believe Old Ideas are interesting accompaniment to the record.

Absolutely :D 8) :D !!!

That's good to hear, Tom! And, yes, hopefully not another train on the same track :lol: .

Love,
Lizzy

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”