Live in London blu-ray, please!!!

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!
OldIdeasAreTheBest

Live in London blu-ray, please!!!

Post by OldIdeasAreTheBest »

The Songs From the Road blu-ray is almost unparalleled in its sonic and video output, and I would love to see Live in
London shine in the same way. I have a hunch that the show was filmed in hi-def, so let's see it on our televisions in that same quality!

Can we start a petition? Storm the gates of Columbia? Beg and plead? Stomp our feet and whine? What will it take?!?
San Diego, Coachella, San Jose 2009
Oakland 12/6/2010, Las Vegas 12/11/2010
Madrid and Los Angeles 2012
Oakland 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Live in London blu-ray, please!!!

Post by jarkko »

This early London show was not filmed in HD.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Jarkko,
I refuse to queue as a matter of principle, but I would queue for many hours to get the Blu-Ray box set of all of the songs performed on the recent World Tour AND the other Blu-Ray box set of all of the songs performed on the up-coming World Tour.
As it happens, I am listening to "Live In London" at the moment. Bob Metzger will be sorely missed and I wish him a speedy recovery.
Mitch Watkins is not a Metzger clone, so I presume the musical arrangements will be varied for the 2012-2013 World Tour. Particularly now the violin will return with Alex. Hence I want BOTH Blu-Ray box sets!!!!!!
No, I am not greedy. Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.

Please* don't forget Australia, Mr Cohen.

Alan

* Please - as pronounced by Roscoe Beck in "I'm Your Man".
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

AlanM wrote:Jarkko,
I would queue for many hours to get the Blu-Ray box set of all of the songs performed on the recent World Tour AND the other Blu-Ray box set of all of the songs performed on the up-coming World Tour.
Oh yes. Yes. Yes!
AlanM wrote:No, I am not greedy. Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.

Alan
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wendy

PS I still haven't watched Live in London or SFTR. I'm saving them for when there are no more shows to look forward to.
OldIdeasAreTheBest

Post by OldIdeasAreTheBest »

jarkko wrote:This early London show was not filmed in HD.
Darn. Songs From the Road will more than suffice then, till I see the show in true hi def...in person, up front in Madrid and Los Angeles. Thanks for the info, Jarkko.
San Diego, Coachella, San Jose 2009
Oakland 12/6/2010, Las Vegas 12/11/2010
Madrid and Los Angeles 2012
Oakland 2013
Robocop

Post by Robocop »

I absolutely concur with you they must put "Live in London" into Blue ray for the SOUND alone. If the picture is 4.3 well so be it.

"Songs from the Road" Blueray is excellent both picture and sound. I'm confused though as these performances were recorded on the same tour as "Live in London". Certainly all songs were from the performances he did during his last world tour. They must have filmed these later concerts completely in HD. Virtually, only taking out songs that were not on "Live in London" for "Songs from the Road".

I must admit the sound I heard live in one of his last concerts in New Zealand was incredible compared to "Live in London" DVD. "Songs from the Road" was closer.

"Isle of White" blueray is ok for an archive of his early performances for the record, worth owning if you love LC. But obviously sound and picture are not what is available now.

No doubt they will film "Old Ideas" current concerts in HD.

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”