Dear Heather

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!

Favourite Leonard Cohen Album?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:36 am

Dear Heather
11%
Ten New Songs
6%
The Future
11%
Various Positions
26%
I'm Your Man
9%
Other
37%

Total votes: 35
brian1982

Dear Heather

Post by brian1982 »

I spent about 2 days reading messages on this board about his two latest albums Ten New Songs and Dear Heather...I find that the people tend to be too harsh...people's judgments of his Dear Heather album are unjustified...each song has its own messages and the whole album is very typical for Leonard Cohen...and so what if each song repeats the same verse 2 or even 3 times...it is very calming music. Personally, The Future is my favourite album and Ten New Songs comes in second place.

Keep up the good work Mr. Cohen...your music has changed my life and I use it as inspiration for my own poetry.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

It is so hard to choose one. I think out of those lieted, Dear Heather. It is certainly Leonard's greatest.

So, I chose Dear Heather, even though I think either Field Commander Cohen or Songs Of Love and Hate are my all-time favourite.
catherine

Post by catherine »

I'm equally surprised and happy I#m in such good company with my new choice of DEAR HEATHER
jeannieb

Post by jeannieb »

I find myself listening to Essential Cohen and Cohen Live most. Of course, these are compilations. :oops:

I am mezmerized by Dear Heather, and enjoying it like a new lover! The Faith is fabulous, but I am drawn to listen to the entire CD over and over. I find it startling, surpsrising, and fresh.
"...and for something like a second, I was cured, and my heart was at ease."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Absolutely, Jeannie! I just realized, upon reading your comment :shock: , that it hadn't even occurred to me to click on particular songs. I have been experiencing the album as a whole, repeatedly. I take it in.....and then I return and take it in again.....and then return and take it in again......again.......again.......I have yet to go to a particular song.
linmag

Post by linmag »

At the moment it would be Dear Heather. No contest. But that's because it's new and wonderful. They were all new and wonderful once. We should run this poll again in six months time, once we have all got over the euphoria. :lol:
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Be warned, however ~ Dear Heather has staying power.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

OK, I voted first for Ten New Songs. People :?:
Actually, I think I feel like Leonard these days, you usualy think the new album is the best.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

It is true that the new Cd always sounds the best (unless of course it is simply awful which DH certainly is not). But I had to go with FCC - I love all the acoustic instruments, I love the gypsy/ethnic feel and Leonard was in very good form. Everyone was in good form, I think. Jennifer does lovely harmonies! I only rec'd DH in the mail yesterday so I have to listen some more before I can find its permanent place in my disc holder. :)
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

My favourites would have to be Various Positions (The night Comes On - exquisite stuff) and how seductive is the sound of Recent songs!

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”