a thousand kisses deep

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!
kathrine

a thousand kisses deep

Post by kathrine »

what does this as a meaning lable mean to you?

i see it as after a thousand kisses..this is how inlove he is with this poems state of mind
Coco

Post by Coco »

Hi Katherine!

Everyone here will tell you that it is so hard to determine what Leonard means in his songs. Go check out the thread "Errands of Mercy" and you will see what I mean! :) So whatever you think A Thousand Kisses Deep means is (for you) the correct interpretation. For me it may be something else. That is where the genius of Leonard lies.
Zabka

Post by Zabka »

Hi there

This is an oldish post so you probably won't read it?? ANyway, my pearls of wisdom follow:

Had this same talk with my sister last night. She read the lyrics and gave her interpretation. She was deeply moved, but had a totally different view from mine. I've got to say, at any time I hear the song (or any) I have a different insight, or feeling.

As you say, that is the magic of Leonard!

A thousand kisses to him!
:)
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi again, Zabka ~

Never concern yourself with whether an old thread with your new posting will get read. Any revived thread goes to the head of the line, just like all other, most recent postings on other threads do.

~ Elizabeth
Zabka

Post by Zabka »

:) Hi there lizzy

THanks for your reply...I just figured out how this board works - great! I'm just a newbie so having a look around, great site, great members and fantastic posts!
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's very good news, Zabka :D , which I hope translates :shock: [the word of the day :wink: ] to your staying here.
Zabka

Post by Zabka »

8) Yeppers Lizzytysh, I am here for good....(and more regular-like once I've finished my little project, lol)

thanks!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

With emphasis on "little" :shock: ..... :lol: !

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”