CONCERT REPORT: San José, Nov 13

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lizzytysh

Re: CONCERT REPORT: San José, Nov 13

Post by lizzytysh »

You're right, Vlasta. A force of Nature.

Leonard's leaps are inverse when he kneels.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

Maarten Your photos are so good! Thank you for posting them.
They are magnificent. In gratitude...
Leslie (Mutti)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

This is a short one minute clip that completes everything LC on my memory cards.

LEONARD COHEN'S SPOKEN INTRODUCTION TO THE TOWER OF SONG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqid_BV2DSA

"Thanks so much for not going home.
Thanks for not succumbing to the depression which my songs allegedly produce."

The audience love it.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
pgarwood

Post by pgarwood »

For those who went to the post show cocktail after the San Jose show @ Fairmont Hotel Lobby Lounge. Some pictures for you.
Let the lovers gather!
Go to http://gigapics.photium.com/portfolio79473.html and the password is Lady Midnight.
If anyone wants a copy for free by email email me at info@gigapics.co.uk or pgarwood@globalnet.co.uk

Best Wishes

Peter
Last edited by pgarwood on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Peter,

Thank you SO SO much! These are photos that I think a lot of us had no idea would surface!! They are excellent! They are also very special and bring together that sort of strange, wonderful, crazy atmosphere after the concert in San Jose in the Fairmont Hotel lobby. It was so charged! Not just the final concert of the 2008-2009 Tour, but we were with several band members, Robert Kory and Ed Sanders! Outside of Leonard, what more could we ask for!! :D It was a stellar evening that became early morning! Thank you SO much to Robert, Ed, Roscoe, Javier, Bob, for being with us and sharing yourselves with us! As silly as this sounds I think many of us feel close to you all, like family. It's been an awesome 18 months or so since Fredericton, and San Jose was such a fun and lovely closure!

We are ALL here for 2010!! :D :D :D

Thanks again!

Diana

ps...just realized that in one photo I'm looking straight at you, so must have realized you were there! How odd.
mutti

Post by mutti »

Hi Peter
Thank you so much for the excellent photos...they are wonderful and bring back that special feeling of the after party at the Fairmont Lobby Bar...I think I remember you taking some of them with your camera and the long lens..the ones of everyone are good. Love seeing Javier, Roscoe, Bob, Robert, Sharon, Lizzy, Karen, Mary, and all the others..Diana...
thank you again...Leslie (Mutti) ;-)
1988 Vancouver
pgarwood

Post by pgarwood »

Hello everyone, We are photographers and cover a multitude of music events throughout the year. We covered Leonard and the Band at The Big Chill in Aug 2008, which for me, was a lifetime ambition achieved, although the usual rule for us guys down in the photographers "pit" is normally first 3 songs and NO flash. (Flash gets you bundled out so quick your feet do not touch the ground!!), The stage manager came alomg and said said: "Sorry only first two songs this time". A few moments later it was: "Sorry first song only". As you can imagine that made us concentrate our minds and cameras!! Still I got some great shots of Leonard and the Band later from outside the "pit".

I continuously photograph the world as it happens around me. Take pictures first and then put brain into gear. I have covered quite a few interesting musicians both on and back stage. Most of them are happy to be photographed, one or two are not.

When I saw that there was to be a gathering of fans and band at the hotel I could not resist capturing the event. It unfolded before me and needed to be captured. Candid shots of the inetraction. This is where my long lens comes in, although I needed flash to get the picture at the right light level.
A sort of historical record combining the fans who had been to the show with the band who were finished with the tour. Unique event in so many ways.There are some pictures of Aug 2008 at www.gigapics.co.uk that I can send on to fans for free as well. Go to http://gigapics.photium.com/portfolio41160p1.html (no password for this one).You were such a friendly bunch. Looking forward to the LC show next year!!
Keep in touch

Peter and Linda
pgarwood

Post by pgarwood »

Update,
Guess what?

We just found some more pictures of the Fairmont Hotel party so wait until they are all up please say another 24-48 hours.
We will add them as soon as we can.

Peter and Linda
jr0berts

Photos of San Jose Concert

Post by jr0berts »

I have posted picture I took at the San Jose concert on my flickr account at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrr/sets/7 ... 875885193/

John Roberts
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

pgarwood wrote:Update,
Guess what?
We just found some more pictures of the Fairmont Hotel party so wait until they are all up please say another 24-48 hours.
We will add them as soon as we can.
Peter and Linda
Wow! Thanks so much Peter and Linda! I was just about to send you my "want" list but will wait patiently!

Diana
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

More later... for now, however, I sure love Robert's tie... would've gone well with my dress :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Susy

Post by Susy »

Hi Maarten,
your photos of LV and SJ are excellent,
they left me very contented :D THANK YOU !
A short but not so important question...could it be possible that
nobody liked one of my small photocards in SJ ?

Wishing you and your family and all Forum members a peaceful
Season of Advent :) Susanne
Susy
mutti

Post by mutti »

Hi
Maarten gave me one of your small postcards and I forgot that he told me you made them and I wanted to thank you so much..
I love it and have kept it with my precious souvenirs from my Las Vegas and San Jose concerts!

He gave me 3-4 to give out on the evening he was leaving... which I have given to a few people who should be receiving them in a day or 2.

Thanks again!
Mutti (Leslie) ;-)
1988 Vancouver
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Dear Susy,

I am so remiss! I truly did not realize that you had contributed the photo cards! Thank you SO very very much. As Leslie said, it is also part of my remembrance of that special occasion! Las Vegas and San Jose will be in my heart forever...not just for Leonard, but for all of us wonderful fans who were there and touched each other!

Thanks again!

Diana

ps...a blessed Advent to you also! I have such warm memories of spending Advent in Austria for many years. We plan on returning next December. The customs and rituals are so lovely (Adventsingen), fun (Krampuses and Perchtan!), and deeply moving (Mozart's Requiem in the Salzburg cathedral where he was baptized). Some of the Adventmarkts are beautiful and full of handmade treasures. I used to smuggle a magnificent Advent wreath back to America each year....hidden deep within my clothing ;-) Would love perhaps one year to experience Advent in Switzerland!
mutti

Post by mutti »

In Las Vegas Leonard said,"I didn't come to the Palace of Caesar just to fool you!"
correct me if I am wrong...
In San Jose he said
"I didn't come to fool you!" correct me please if I said this wrong..
Is this the first concert he didn't name the city he was in...
I liked it..
did anyone else notice this?
Or did I miss something?
Mutti Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”