CONCERT REPORT: San José, Nov 13

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
imaginary friend

Re: CONCERT REPORT: San José, Nov 13

Post by imaginary friend »

Leonard from Montreal,

Re. your photo; that should read '...THREE of our greatest forum members' ... I remember you well from the Chelsea Hotel as a major contributor to the plaque and the event. (Not to mention those amazing seats at the Beacon) 8)
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

You are too kind!

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Leonard,

Thanks so much for posting the photo of the 3 of us! I remember how delighted I was when I realized I'd be sitting next to you and your friend! Could not have asked for a better seat partner who was very understanding of my jumping up all the time :D

Sheila is so correct. We all owe you (along with Dick and Sue) a major thank you for your contribution and involvement in everything at the Chelsea celebration! Hope to see you at some concert, somewhere, this year!
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Ladydi,

Yes, a concert soon...maybe you have some inside info about venues after the Moscow concert, which I am sure you will enjoy maybe even more than San Jose!

Jarkko has asked us to be patient about a return to Canada.....dum da dum dum! ( remember Dragnet, or are we dating ourselves!)

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Look at Leonard's awesome face! You look like you oughta be a famous author! Such intelligence and good humour beam through. Now, maybe CANADA I MIGHT be able to manage... if Leonard makes it at the VERY END of 2010. It feels so inadequate to imagine not seeing him and his group, again. Such a natural way to be... seeing them.

Thank you for posting that photo, Leonard :D . I'm so happy to have one of the three of us. You were so open and loving to us. IF I can figure a way to copy it, I'll post it on my FB, too :D .

~ Lizzy
xox
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
astranger

Post by astranger »

is there a bootleg of this available for download somewhere?
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

IrishAL wrote:I have just uploaded a few more gems from last night to Youtube. They are still processing, so if the quality is not good, try again later.

I will be travelling for the next 24 hours , so further uploads will have to wait until then.

so long Marianne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAvGcqrUNEU

enjoy.

albert
I was reminded by Allan Showalter's recent detailed postings on "So Long, Marianne" at http://1heckofaguy.com about the "Your eyes" verse sung in San Jose.
I wondered if there was an audience recording from the recent tours that included all 6 original (studio version) verses, but I couldn't find one, so I have compiled a video that includes the 6 original verses as well as the rarity recorded by Albert Noonan.
With permission, I have used 3 of Albert’s excellent videos as they are reliably top quality. Also one camera(man) keeps uniformity of video style and minimal audio variation between venues. https://www.youtube.com/user/albertnoonan
The recordings are San Jose 2009, Zagreb 2010 and Sligo 2010 (Aug1). There are some variations in band clothing and some minor changes in arrangements, and I hope they don’t distract from the overall effect. I did some audio editing to smooth out the transitions between venues and verses.
The track order is as on the studio version, with "Your eyes" slotted in before "For now I need your hidden love" as it was in San Jose.
1. Won’t you come over to the window, my little darling (SJ)
2. Oh, you know I really love to live with you (SJ)
3. Oh, we met when we were almost young (Sligo)
4. Oh, your letters say that you’re beside me now (Z)
5. Your eyes, how will I forget your eyes (SJ)
6. For now I need your hidden love (SJ)
7. Oh, you are really such a pretty one (Z) & play-out.
http://youtu.be/msoJLaK7tnA

As Albert wrote "enjoy!'

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”