CONCERT REPORT: Las Vegas, NV, November 12

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mutti

do you know the way?

Post by mutti »

SJ George Mary-1.jpg
SJ George Mary-1.jpg (75.8 KiB) Viewed 9746 times
Attachments
SJ George Mary.jpg
SJ George Mary.jpg (21.91 KiB) Viewed 9746 times
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
ladydi

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Las Vegas, NV, November 12

Post by ladydi »

Hi Leslie,

These are so wonderful! I forgot you were snapping away as we entered the aircraft! What fun to see everyone again, even at our "breakfast that wasn't a breakfast"! Most of us were so hungry....but we ended up with a little less than what we had expected....er, a sort of crappy lunch!

If I ever own a concession at Las Vegas airport I would have breakfast 24 hours a day!!!! After all, this IS Vegas!

The flight attendants comments were so cool...followed shortly thereafter by BAD news...but it was amazing how quickly the plane change occured. I will always remember Vlasta's quiet comment whilst we were deboarding...walking down the lonnnng hall....and not quite sure what would happen next. "Southwest is lucky we are Leonard Cohen fans, and not Guns and Roses fans!" Thanks be to Jarkko and his constant reminder of "patience"!

ps...GORGEOUS photo of Mary and George!
mutti

Post by mutti »

Diana, I didn't know Vlasta had made that comment..perfect! we sure do know patience...
I am glad I finally figured out with Arlene's help to get those photos up...
good memories of those 3 days!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Great photos, Leslie. They bring back such good memories!

Diana - I remember Vlasta's comment too!! :lol: :lol:

Vlasta - if you're reading this you should share the story of why you became known as the "sublime" Vlasta in SJ!
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ah...the "sublime Vlasta"? Yes, yes...let's hear.... :D ;-) :D
mutti

Post by mutti »

Vlasta where are you?
Mutti Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Hi Leslie,

So nice to see the shots and be reminded of the trip. It is seems so long ago .. . .. It really does, with Christmas and everything it is fading! I need another 'hit'

graham
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

Ha,ha. I am still here but with limited access to computer /my computer at home is on strike/. Leslie, thank you for renewed memories, they seem to fade away little bit. For example, I totally forgot "the breakfast that wasn´t breafast" at the airport, I forgot that our handsome Graham was with us on "the flight that wasn´t to be" and I totally forgot about the comment on Guns´n´Roses and LC fans. Or, actually, I was sure it was made by you, Diana, or by you, Mary and I only re-used it later not to waste such a good comment.

What is regarding "sublime" Vlasta... :lol: The morning after SJ concert I was getting some coffee at the lobby of Fairmont hotel, then smoking in front of it, then exchanging some more money and I noticed a lot of baggage is being hauled to buses, then big bus arrived and I thought "rather big group is leaving the hotel". I met Tony /Bill´s Bar/ at the lobby and he confirmed my suspicion. So we waited, Sharon E joined us. Sure enough, few moments later Sharon R. came, then other band members and, at last, our Man. He was moving quite quickly through the lobby but we briefly stopped him, thanked him, he kindly signed what we wanted to be signed and he was gone like a smoke. It was obvious that they are in hurry. But I was heavily struck up by this encounter and decided to follow /in a distance/ all of them to bus. I went to the door, doorman opened it for me and put on a little conversation asking me if I liked my stay, if everything was good and if I am one of the sisters. What????!!! I was thinking. I had to look quite confident /I wasn´t at all/my gaze fixed on the bus and doorman must have been blind :lol: :lol: But, anyway, his questions stopped me boarding the bus....

It was much later and rather lot of wine later when Mary came up with "sublime" Vlasta and Nico with "lost Webb sister" after they heard the story ....

And this is photo taken shortly after I revealed my true identity to Mary and Nico...
P1010381.JPG
P1010381.JPG (50.14 KiB) Viewed 9688 times
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Vlastik wrote:It was much later and rather lot of wine later when Mary came up with "sublime" Vlasta and Nico with "lost Webb sister" after they heard the story ....

And this is photo taken shortly after I revealed my true identity to Mary and Nico...
That's a great story and a super picture. Thanks!
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
mutti

Post by mutti »

Vlasta that is a great story! I will now think of you as the sublime Vlasta the lost Webb sister!
I did not know that was all going on...seems I missed again..I was having breakfast at that time with Marie and Albert...I say that especially after sharing the taxi with you and Maarten from the airport and seeing a lot of the band members and crew when we checked in, which was great but missing Leonard by minutes...(if only we had been in the taxi before with Mary, Marie and Albert..I kept saying to myself). I am so happy for you! and I love the photo...
Hope to meet you again somewhere in 2010...
I do remember walking with you to the 'breakfast that was not a breakfast' and you telling us about your flight delays getting to the US.
Hope all your future flights are on time and never delayed...
Leslie (Mutti) 8)
1988 Vancouver
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Vlasta,

What a delightful story! Now I will always think of you as "the sublime" Vlasta! And congratulations on your chutzpah going all the way up to the door of the bus! Love it :D The photo of you with Mary and Nico is great!

Looks like we will finally be hearing something this week regarding Moscow...and maybe Warsaw?? Hope to see you in a couple of months!

Diana
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

Hi Diana,

Yes, it was some fun but I didn´t go to the bus door, rembember, I was stopped by doorman at hotel door /fortunately?!/.

It seems that Moscow is coming /although new date is not that suitable for me/. I am somehow still hoping for St. Petersburg... We will see. Anyway, I decided to go to France as well - to Strasbourg and to Grenoble /to visit our dear Philippe, ha, ha - he doesn´t know yet/.

Regards to all of you.

Vlasta
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ah, I read through your story too quickly...sorry! Wouldn't St. Petersburg be wonderful but I don't think it's 4166 km from Dubai :( Did you read Jarkko's latest hint? No Dubai but concert on same date, 21 March, and city is 4166 km from Dubai (don't you just love Jarkko!). Anyhow, a couple of people came up with Warsaw, and I think they may be right. It would mean changing my vacation by a week but it would be a LOT cheaper than Moscow....as much as I want to be there! We should know something within the week....hurray! :D
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Leslie - great pics!!!! Love all these recollections from everyone - they sure do keep the memory alive. We need to make more memories soon. Hope we all see a city soon where we all want to attend another concert...... DUBLIN!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

MaryB wrote:Leslie - great pics!!!! Love all these recollections from everyone - they sure do keep the memory alive. We need to make more memories soon. Hope we all see a city soon where we all want to attend another concert...... DUBLIN!
I agree with all you have said here Mary. Thanks Leslie for reviving these memories, except for the guilty feeling I get now and again, when I think of you missing out on meeting Leonard, I may not be the best person to hang out with after all. Vlasta, great to hear from you. I am delighted you are going to France, wish I could join you. I do have tickets in hand for Bratislava so I am happy.

Number one on my wish list is that we could all meet up again, anywhere, but of course Dublin would be wonderful.

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”