Las Vegas dinner - November 11th

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
trish

Re: Las Vegas dinner - November 11th

Post by trish »

Thinking of the meetup and the concert tomorrow night - have a fab time all, I really wish I could have been there! I am so looking forward to the videos, and I hope all the girls brought their polka dot blouses for San Jose!! That will be some video on YouTube, i can't wait to see it!!

Casterbridge Cohen, I hope you got some more gambling done. Interesting on Bette Midler all right - I love her exuberance and cheekiness, and she sings well too! And interesting the comments on Leonard!

Have a fab time all, as I know you will.
sleep

Post by sleep »

Have a great time everyone! I'm green with envy. And you all get to enjoy some warmth & sunshine, too!

sleep
ps please don't let Dar get married
dar

Post by dar »

Hey, I could get lucky this time around Sean! Of course, it is Vegas, and in my experience getting drunk and then getting married here is a mistake that doesn't stay in Vegas. It follows you home!

I'm back at the hotel. Enjoyed meeting old friends and meeting new folks too. Nice bunch of people. Thanks to Leslie, Diane, and Maarten for putting together a wonderful Vegas dinner/meet-up.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!
novabella

Post by novabella »

Thank you for a wonderful dinner. See you all tomorrow!
Attachments
cohen22.jpg
San Diego- April 7th, 2009, Red Rocks- June 4nd, 2009, Las Vegas- November 12th, 2009, San Jose- November 13th, 2009
tigrib

Post by tigrib »

great, thanks!
2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
Conny

Post by Conny »

Thank you for sharing - tonight will be fine!
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam
dar

Post by dar »

I really enjoyed meeting and greeting everyone in Vegas. Hope those who travelled on to San Jose had a wonderful time.

Looking forward to staying connected via the forum or emails and to seeing you all again in Krakow.

Best to all the unified hearts,

Dar
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thanks for the group photo, novabella!

It was wonderful to meet so many great people from the forum! You were all so nice, and so fun to hang out with. Your company saved me from the horrors of Las Vegas! I had a truly marvellous time that I'll never forget! I look forward to the next time our paths cross. Cheers!
casterbridgecohen

Post by casterbridgecohen »

Horrors of Las Vegas? :?

Heres a more philisophical view :neutral:

Granted its getting more over the top than ever with almost adjoining Venetian gondolas and Eifel Tower adorning the strip and the massive City Centre complex about to dominate everything but I thought the choreographed fountains outside the Bellagio were magnificant, the range of shows probably unrivalled anywhere for quality(as Jarkko will testify) and the Craps tables always welcoming and friendly. :D

Oh Yes.........there also was this geezer playing the Tower of Caeser ;-)
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

[quote="casterbridgecohen"]Heres a more philosophical view :neutral: quote]

Funny! :D

Vegas just isn't my scene, but I can see how it would be a good place to take a vacation from the deeply authentic. ;-)

And, it was nice chatting with you at the dinner! I enjoyed our conversation. Till we meet again...
novabella

Post by novabella »

Here is the other group photo I have. This was the one taken a few moments before the other few members joined up for the previous shot. Both of the group shots I uploaded are in fairly low quality since this site limits size of files. As soon as possible, I will host the original files on my own website and edit this post with the links.
Attachments
cohen.group.jpg
San Diego- April 7th, 2009, Red Rocks- June 4nd, 2009, Las Vegas- November 12th, 2009, San Jose- November 13th, 2009
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Novabella,

Thank you SO much for the magnificent group shots! The evening was very special, most of all because we were meeting up with friends from the past, and meeting "cyber" Forum friends for the first time! Our common denominator is Leonard, but as we talked and laughed and talked again over the period of 3 days, we came to know each other as friends. I truly would go anywhere, and pretty much do anything, with any member of this incredible group! You guys are great :D :D

On a personal note, it was so good to finally meet you. You are possibly the most stunningly beautiful woman I've ever met, but it is not only outer....you have a beautiful soul.

Hope we can touch bases at another concert one day!
Diana

ps..also hope you can keep your job! What you do is so important to new life...
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

ladydi wrote:Hi Novabella,
On a personal note, it was so good to finally meet you. You are possibly the most stunningly beautiful woman I've ever met, but it is not only outer....you have a beautiful soul.
I second that (both times). Does that make four times...?

Maarten
(back online after spending nearly 2 days fixing his laptop after it had crashed right after coming back from the States. Luckily I had backed up everything just before LV, but had to format my C-drive and reinstall Vista and all programs and personal settings,... so it took me ages... Will upload my pictures soon, just need to install Dreamweaver again...)

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
mutti

Post by mutti »

Hi Novabella
Thanks for the group photo! I missed you at the Fairmont after the concert. Hope everything was ok???
It was great sharing the flight to San Jose with you up front.
Maarten I hope your computer crashing had nothing to do with my external hard drive. If so I am sorry!
Glad you hear you got it all fixed and look forward to hearing from you. I am going to wear my lanyard to work
with my official work tag instead of the forum one. I think it is so beautiful! Thanks again for all that hard work.
Diana the buffet was perfect and so was the room size. Thank you for all the organizing of that. We had a lot of laughs along the way.
i wish we could all do it all again this weekend or any weekend. It was a memorable event I will never forget. (the whole 3 days).
Leslie 8) :razz: 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Decisions, decisions, is this the right thread? Close enough. Cocktails after the dinner at the Seahorse Lounge in Caesar's Palace. I apologize for not having all the names - please feel free to PM me so that I can fill in the ? . Thank you.
Leslie/mutti, Mary/Mollydog, Diana/ladydi, MaryB, Nico/Actually, Michael/casterbridgecohen, Judy/jazz4111
Leslie/mutti, Mary/Mollydog, Diana/ladydi, MaryB, Nico/Actually, Michael/casterbridgecohen, Judy/jazz4111
Wendy/mabeanie1, Leslie, Mary, Diana, MaryB, Nico, Michael, Judy
Wendy/mabeanie1, Leslie, Mary, Diana, MaryB, Nico, Michael, Judy
Michael, Eija, Jarkko, Diana, Mary
Michael, Eija, Jarkko, Diana, Mary
Last edited by MaryB on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”