CONCERT REPORT: Ft Lauderdale, October 17

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sturgess66

CONCERT REPORT: Ft Lauderdale, October 17

Post by sturgess66 »

Laura_Whalen Mesmerized, watching Leonard Cohen LIVE! Is this really happening? Wow..... 7 minutes ago from Echofon
spitesprite Like the dude behind me just said, I've never heard it sound this good in this building. Kudos to Leonard Cohen's sound guy! 6 minutes ago from Swift
Most. annoying. ushers. EVAR. Srsly, don't show them your ticket, they can't find your seat any faster than you can. And they'll touch you.about 2 hours ago from Swift
:lol: :lol: :lol:
At the Big Billboard (aka BankAtlantic Center) waiting for the Leonard Cohen show to start. I feel young and underdressed. O_o;;about 2 hours ago from Swift
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
sturgess66

Re: Tonight's the night!

Post by sturgess66 »

I think someone tweeted an audio clip from Red Rocks. Brightnow?
goaskaliceok

Post by goaskaliceok »

@jaimearodriguez You can hear a needle drop as Cohen performs "Hallelujah"
5 minutes ago from TwitterBerry
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

sturgess66 wrote:I think someone tweeted an audio clip from Red Rocks. Brightnow?
hmmm... I don't recall, was too busy with the webcam :D
(also, can't wait to see set list from FL, interesting rumors here)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

http://twitpic.com/lyxp0
sethcassel http://twitpic.com/lyxp0 - Just saw Leonard Cohen sing Hallelujah. More songs like that please world.
half a minute ago from TwitPic
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Went back and read through the tweets, I find it hard to believe that the show did not open with "Dance Me...", I guess we will know for sure soon enough.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Rian Fike

Post by Rian Fike »

brightnow wrote:Went back and read through the tweets, I find it hard to believe that the show did not open with "Dance Me...", I guess we will know for sure soon enough.
You are correct, the show started with Dance Me, and I'm Your Man was the last song of the second set.

Forgive my lack of details right now, it was overwhelming. Just a few quick reactions.

The first set was better than any music I have ever seen performed in my life.

The harmonica pieces were absolutely transcendent. No instrument has ever sounded as good in human history.

The Webb sisters doing If It Be Your Will? Godhood.

Leonard spent half of the first set on his knees.

We got 1000 Kisses.

Bliss...
Last edited by Rian Fike on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Thanks Rian!
bobfrank11 Leonard Cohen concert 4 encores;over the top,came to play, at Ft. Lauderdale, FL 27 minutes ago from TweetDeck
a wonderful evening with the amazing leonard cohen. (3 encores)......about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter
dodgybiscuit A magnificent performance by Leonard Cohen. His poetry, passion & deep vocals mesmerized us from start till end of 4th encore.
aimearodriguez To those of you asking, Leonard Cohen was brilliant. The man has an incredible stage presence for his age. about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry
Lunabelle09 Stage at Leonard Cohen show rushed. Some with canes. about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry
RAULIZM a wonderful evening with the amazing leonard cohen. (3 encores)...... about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter
jaimearodriguez Leonard Cohen just finished. A very unique show. The man has a voice that will be stuck in my head for weeks. I know it. about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gullivor

Post by Gullivor »

It was a wonderful show. Leonard was alive! The band was incredable!
I got a few fuzzy pictures but Im sure someone will have better. I let the experts write the review!
Good Night!
We’ve all come to
This moment
To find out
Who we are.
Painted colors
Scribed words
Sweetly found.
~Gully~
Evie B

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Ft Lauderdale, October 17

Post by Evie B »

Don't worry Gulliver, it is great to read the more expert reports, but some of the most touching are the ones straight from the heart by less than accomplished writers. It is very enjoyable to read both, so please let us share your feelings. :razz:

Thanks,

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

We have video on YouTube!! :lol: :lol:

From "dahliabendavid" - thank you!

Hallelujah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTKcItIcQ2o

Suzanne (you can't see much because the camera didn't capture the darkened stage - but audio is there)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPobHgRkHbw

And more from Twitter -
simon_west Great night at the Leonard Cohen concert in Sunrise - three hour show. Highlights: Thousand Kisses, Marianne, Hallelujah. 5 minutes ago from TweetDeck
imaginepeace2ao I went to see Leonard Cohen in concert, beautiful, what a show, 75 years old Cohen, what a voice and presence. Great show!!! 27 minutes ago from web
shiningeyes The Leonard Cohen concert even exceeded my high expectations last night. So brilliant. about 1 hour ago from web
ackimo @DavidBTwit Just got back from Leonard Cohen concert and Im trying to look "rested and competent" at work today. Wow---Leonard Cohen! 13 minutes ago from TweetDeck
degner After a friend drug me to his concert last night I have a new favorite. Leonard Cohen: http://bit.ly/LVxWr about 1 hour ago from web
dtchayes If you get a chance to see Leonard Cohen in concert, go. Even if you think you're not a fan, go. about 2 hours ago from web
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

mygeeklife What an incredible show last night. Leonard Cohen is a genius! Any advice on the best way to share the bootleg? 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck
Don't know if it is video or audio - but if anyone has any advice :lol: - here is mygeeklife's Twitter address -

http://twitter.com/mygeeklife
Rian Fike

Post by Rian Fike »

Here is my first reaction the morning after, with the Hallelujah video:

http://fullbodytransplant.wordpress.com ... hen-saves/

I will write a full body report on that blog later, Nina and I are still feeling such exquisite pleasure from the show that we need some more time to share it physically.

One parting observation. The first set was full of delicious twists in the sounds of each instrument. Completely unlike any of the other shows I have heard. It sizzled, it popped...

... that's how the light gets in.

:razz: :razz: :razz:
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi everyone,
Can someone post the setlist of this concert in the "setlists of the USA Tour" thread please?

Thanks,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
da2008

Post by da2008 »

So the tour is back!! Amazing reviews, everybody.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”