SET LIST OF THE FALL 2009 TOUR IN USA

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: SET LIST OF THE FALL 2009 TOUR IN USA

Post by MaryB »

Mollydog wrote:I'm curious to know at what point Leonard played the new song.
Me too. And did they actually do 'Hey..' since it is in parenthesis, or is this where the new song was done?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mousey03

Post by mousey03 »

MaryB wrote:
Me too. And did they actually do 'Hey..' since it is in parenthesis, or is this where the new song was done?

The posted set list is correct except that he played the new song in place of "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye."
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

mousey03- thank you for the clarification!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
remote1

Re: Please post setlists of the Fall 2009 Tour in USA here!!!

Post by remote1 »

ladydi wrote:Oh yes...I've been waiting patiently (all these concerts!) for Avalanche! It appeared in several European concerts last year but now it never seems to be included as possible alternates. There is always 2010! :D

Diana
It appears on the setlists, but I am wondering whether it was ever actually played. Do you know? I have not found it on YouTube. I too have been waiting for it, as well as for There is a War (which also figures on some setlists)... and so many of his other beautiful songs, of course, which are never on the setlists for some reason...
"We are so lightly here"
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

It was played in Montreal last June on the first night. I was very fortunate to be there. I believe it has been played a few more times but I'm not sure where.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcyv8HnfRSg
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Wow, all I can say is wow! What a beautiful delivery of a beautiful song! How lucky you were to be there Mollydog... At least you could actually see him sing it as well! ;-)
It would be so fantastic if Leonard Cohen included more of his 1960s and 1970s songs into his performances. They were what made him after all. Avalanche, the Master Song, the Stranger Song, Love Calls You by Your Name, Sories of the Street, Teachers, Take This Longing, Field Commander Cohen etc.
Anyway, it's his choice and I respect it... He's probably moved on. Fair enough! :D
"We are so lightly here"
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Do we know yet? And also - did he do it last night in Asheville?
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

mousey03 wrote:
MaryB wrote:

The posted set list is correct except that he played the new song in place of "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye."

Here's the answer to your first question! :D I haven't heard about Asheville yet.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Mollydog wrote: Here's the answer to your first question! :D I haven't heard about Asheville yet.

Mary
Thanks Mary! And he did do it in Asheville. dsotm07 just posted a video in the Asheville thread (along with a set list). :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8iAKuvnHBQ
phillip

Post by phillip »

where is the setlist?
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

From Twitter
rerkaizen Leonard Cohen Stagelist - Asheville NC, November 1, 2009 http://bit.ly/XhqRB
LC-Asheville Set List.jpg
jglBB

Post by jglBB »

Seems that my candid guess for this new song title (Feels So Good Baby) is universally known now. Probably too late already to change it to something else. This damned forum is damnedfully powerfull. Sorry Leonard. :oops:
jslenon

lyrics, new song

Post by jslenon »

“that other blues song”
Feels so good baby not to love you like I did
Feels so good not to love you like I did
It’s like they tore away my blindfold and they said we’re gonna let this prisoner live.
It’s like they tore away my blindfold and they said we’re gonna let this prisoner live.

Feels so good baby just to wake up in the morning by myself
Cup of coffee in the kitchen – fire up a little danger to my health
It’s like the same old broken heart but it feels like it belongs to someone else.
It’s like the same old broken heart but it feels like it belongs to someone else.

Feels so good baby to see you smiling back at me
It’s so good baby not to be each others VIP
It’s like they tore away my blindfold and they said we’re gonna let this man go free
It’s like they tore away my blindfold and they said we’re gonna let this man go free

Feels so good not to love you like I did
Feels so good, I don’t know why but it just is
It’s like they tore away my blindfold and they said we’re gonna let this prisoner live
It’s like they tore away my blindfold and they said we’re gonna let this prisoner live

Looking forward to hearing more of this as it grows.

I still can't shake the recollection that Gypsy Wife appeared in the 1st set. I haven't blown a set list placement like that since 8-28-68 at the Avalon
janedw

Post by janedw »

the "new song" from Durham NC can be downloaded from
https://download.yousendit.com/YkxJc2ZPdzh0QTEzZUE9PQ
(good for 7 days or 100 downloads, whichever comes first.)
moubird

Post by moubird »

Set List for Durham, North Carolina, November 3, 2009

First Set
• Dance Me To The End Of Love
• The Future
• Ain't No Cure For Love
• Bird On The Wire
• Everybody Knows
• In My Secret Life
• Who By Fire (with long Spanish guitar intro by Javier Mas)
• Chelsea Hotel
• Waiting For The Miracle
• Anthem (with introductions of band members)

Second Set
• Tower Of Song
• Suzanne
• Sisters Of Mercy
• The Gypsy’s Wife (with long solo intro by Javier Mas)
• the new song (the first line is "Feels so good") that premiered in Chicago
• The Partisan
• Boogie Street (stunning solo by Sharon Robinson at beginning)
• Hallelujah
• I'm Your Man
• A Thousand Kisses Deep (spoken)
• Take This Waltz (re-introduction of band members)

First Encores
• So Long, Marianne
• First We Take Manhattan

Second Encores
• Famous Blue Raincoat
• If It Be Your Will (Leonard spoken verses, Webb sisters sung)
• Closing Time

Final Encore
• I Tried To Leave You

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”