Nashville Meetup!

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
silverbar

Re: Nashville Meetup!

Post by silverbar »

Hi, Cara,

I'll be coming to the meetup tonight at Demos too.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Christian
Chicago 2009 : Nashville 2009 : Louisville 2013
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Just a quick update...LC fans are the greatest.

I think we agreed to meet tomorrow @ 6:00 in the TPAC lobby, look for the balloon....I think we will be the only people there at that time I will call tomorrow morning and make sure the doors will be open at that time...6:30 is the "official early entrance time"

see y'all tomorrow
bridger15

Re: Nashville Meetup! PHOTOS

Post by bridger15 »

Thanks to Cara (MusicCityGypsy) for organizing a great dinner meet-up. She topped off the evening by taking us to Honky Tonk Row for a rousing good time. It was quite a fun "night before".

Here is a group picture to start. I will post more photos with everybody's names when time permits.
Nashville dinner meet-up, November 4
Nashville dinner meet-up, November 4
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thanks Arlene - keep 'em comin' please!!

Can't wait for the names (got 5 of you) - is that a sign of way too much forum time?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

MaryB wrote:Thanks Arlene - keep 'em comin' please!!

Can't wait for the names (got 5 of you) - is that a sign of way too much forum time?
Here are the pictures with the names.
http://picasaweb.google.com/arlenedick1 ... 6661059810

Press F11 button on upper left
Press F11 on next screen
Adjust seconds for each pic to your liking
Names are on each pic.

Thanks again to Cara for a most enjoyable evening.

MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Arlene,

Thank you for the link and instructions. It is always a joy to put a face to the name. Great photos!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Arlene,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos with us! At first I realized I knew almost every face in the group photo except for a couple. Wonderful to see beautiful Cara again! And I love your photo and your gorgeous medallion!

Enjoy the concert! Wish I were there too but will be in spirit!

Diana
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

I'm sorting through memories and thoughts from this wonderful trip to Nashville, and wanted to say hi to everyone I got to meet Thursday night. It was so cool to fly across the country and be able to hang out with a group of people who share the most obsessive compulsive elements of my personality! Thanks so much, Cara for organizing everything and for being such a delightful, brave leader! Our area at the TPAC was so neat, and shows what is there for the asking if one has the courage to go for it!
You do the things I'm too shy to do!
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Like CinCin I'm just coming back to earth after Thursday evening. It was so wonderful to meet up with fellow afficionados and to realize that I'm not the only mad person on this planet. There was a time when I thought I was the only Leonard Cohen fan in the world.......

CinCin - it was a pleasure to meet you. Arlene - you are a truly wonderful lady and I sincerely hope you manage to get some rest over the next week. Cara - you're so bubbly and such a wonderful organizer - thanks for everything you did for us on Thursday. Rachel - it was lovely talking to both you and your husband (remember to buy plenty of red wine!) The two lovely ladies whose names I don't remember (you're Willie Nelson fans!) - I hope you both had a fabulous evening. Dick and Linda - it was good to meet two stalwarts of the forum. There were others I chatted to that evening and you were all lovely. I also got talking to a lady sitting in front of us in the Grand Tier who'd been to five concerts this year but didn't know the forum - I pointed her in the right direction!

Thank you Arlene for posting the lovely pix - yes, that's me unveiling my tattoo!!! Here are one or two of mine:
Joy with Roscoe.jpg
Roscoe, Rachel and husband, and me.jpg
Attachments
Roscoe with Arlene, Rachel, Cindy, Cara in  background.....jpg
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Joy! I have a few of you and your beautiful blue raincoat, wish we could have talked more and I could have seen your tattoo in person, it looks AMAZING! I'm trying to get all the pictures up in a few days...The one of you and Roscoe is pretty awesome. ;)
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Just in case anyone missed my slideshow with includes more early entry photos on the Nashville Concert thread, I am posting the link here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf9_sRIYrGk

---Arlene

CinCin

Post by CinCin »

Joy! I'm so glad to hear from you - couldn't remember your name for sure. I wondered how you felt about having your tattoo all over our little corner of the internet. :razz: It looks so good; you are my hero for that alone, not to mention all the times you've seen Leonard. Thanks for posting pics with me and Arlene and Roscoe, too. I was really there!
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

CinCin wrote:Joy! I'm so glad to hear from you - couldn't remember your name for sure. I wondered how you felt about having your tattoo all over our little corner of the internet. :razz: It looks so good; you are my hero for that alone, not to mention all the times you've seen Leonard. Thanks for posting pics with me and Arlene and Roscoe, too. I was really there!
Oh yes - you were there! Isn't it fabulous to have so many friends we didn't know we had :?: :D

I have to admit I was a bit startled to see my bare flesh exposed for all to see..... but what the heck, it's all in a good cause!

Take care :D
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
holydove

Post by holydove »

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post this earlier. . .

Firstly, Dear Cara, I want to thank you for 2 really great evenings in Nashville, and for the pictures you so graciously took and posted; I've already saved them and printed some! The whole experience was truly magical, from dinner the night before, to the early entry with Roscoe (!) & Rafael (!) OMG!, and of course the utterly sublime concert! It is so special and heart-warming to meet other Cohenites in person; it feels like meeting a long-lost family that I didn't even know existed, but the bond that connects us makes being together feel so totally natural; the love we share for Leonard seems to just naturally translate into immediate love for each other!

And to Joy: It was truly lovely talking with you & husband, but you didn't reveal your tatoo to me! Well, I am definitely impressed, and you model it so skillfully! Thank you for the reminder about the wine, I'll keep you posted on the progress on that front!

And Christian, it was great meeting you and your wife. We went to see the Parthenon the next day, and wow, what a great place, and the statue of Athena is totally breathtaking! Thank you for the suggestion, hope you and your family are doing well!

And to Ken, Dick & Ann, Arlene, Aaron, Tony, John, and everyone: it was truly an honor meeting all of you, and getting to see you two nights in a row; I really treasure every moment that we had together! Thank you for making the Cohenite family such a warm and loving place!
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

We are finally getting back to normal (that's not a good thing) after the most wonderful weekend in Nashville! First off, like everyone else, we owe Cara such a huge debt of gratitude for her kindness, hospitality and charm. You made what certainly would have been a memorable weekend under any circumstances into a weekend of a lifetime.

It was so good to renew old friendships with Dick & Linda and Heather and meet up with a whole new group of enthusiastic and good natured fans. We had such a good time!

Of course, the concert was fantastic, but one of the highlights for us was Cara driving us out to the Franklin area to search for the "grey mare" and Beaudeloux Bryant's cabin. We did find East Fork Road and what could have been the cabin, but we can't be sure. A special thank you goes out to Ken(andian) and his heads up about the Hatch prints. It was also great to get to know Paula and Tony from Dublin much better after our brief meetings in Barcelona.

One special note, my 92 year old Mom attended the concert in a cowboy hat and told me that now she understands what we see in all of this. She is now a proud fan.

Cohen folks are great! Thanks again to all.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”