Leonard Cohen World Tour 2010???

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
faithfully

Leonard Cohen World Tour 2010???

Post by faithfully »

Who knows about the next year's tour gigs? When will they be posted?
danslenoir

Re: Leonard Cohen World Tour 2010???

Post by danslenoir »

I think the general consensus is that there will probably be no more tour dates after the final forthcoming US leg due to start in a couple of weeks.

He's been touring pretty much non-stop for a year and a half and, given his age, I think he probably needs a rest!
faithfully

Post by faithfully »

Yeah, but I guess he likes his audience and then he might come back again...don't u think so!?
Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane »

Come on, the guy's been touring for one and a half year, for which I'm very greatful. Everybody should be contented by now.

Don't think this thread belongs in the news section though.
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
Actually

Post by Actually »

So you don't know about it, yet, faithfully?
The schedule is already out there - he'll be touring for three and a half months in Switzerland exclusively.

:roll:
rpan

Post by rpan »

Hi this is my first ever posting!
Was just reading interview with n larsen saying he expected to be touring
with lc well into next year .... So I am wondering if San Jose really is the
end or not now?
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
sue7

Post by sue7 »

rpan wrote:Hi this is my first ever posting!
Was just reading interview with n larsen saying he expected to be touring
with lc well into next year .... So I am wondering if San Jose really is the
end or not now?
Hi rpan,
Can you post the link to the Neil Larsen interview please? I'd love to read it.
Thanks,
Sue

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18684
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi rpan,

Well, for a first posting you certainly know how to come up with a BIG one! Yes, would be interesting to have a link to the Neil Larsen interview; although, for the record, San Jose has always been posted as the final concert of the 2008-2009 World Tour...never as the final, never-again, that's-it-for good, retirement-type concert! It has been us fans who have done most of the speculating ;-)

And by the way, welcome to the Forum!

All the best,
Diana
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Diana, you are right, up until very recently it was just us fans speculating about Leonard's retirement from touring, until last week (in an interview to the Atlanta Music Guide) Sharon Robinson said:
...this is most likely Leonard's last tour...
http://www.atlantamusicblog.com/news/20 ... ct-20.html

The interview is well worth reading, Sharon describes the experience of a Leonard Cohen concert so incredibly well:
...it's more than a concert. It's a journey, a life event, a shared experience of the deepest kind. It's being on the receiving end where someone is in the process of giving everything back, someone who embodies and represents all our struggle to know the heart.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi brightnow,

Excellent interview with Sharon! Very moving. I'm still staying with my original hunch from a few months ago. This coming winter or spring Leonard will record a new album with the band/singers he has now. It will include several new songs that he's been writing, including those he has "tried out" on this current tour. In addition, a dvd/BluRay will be released with the "Best of World Tour 2008-2009". Then...there may be "select" concert dates to coincide with the album and dvd... Hey, that could be the 3 dots! DOT 1 - new album. DOT 2 - dvd. DOT 3 - select concerts. :D

Diana
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Just to fuel the hopeful fires, a while back I posted this on another thread .
um...(Jarkko, please don't get angry with me)...the Hollywood types here roll their eyes and say, He'll tour again.

But he will be 75, I say.

Oh, you said he is writing new songs. He will have to tour again to support a new album.
Let's all hope the Hollywood types are right.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

bridger15 wrote:Just to fuel the hopeful fires, a while back I posted this on another thread .
um...(Jarkko, please don't get angry with me)...the Hollywood types here roll their eyes and say, He'll tour again.

But he will be 75, I say.

Oh, you said he is writing new songs. He will have to tour again to support a new album.
Let's all hope the Hollywood types are right.
Actually, I think those "Hollywood types" are notorious for being left, not right. We can "hope" they will "change" to being "right" but I wouldn't bet the online store on it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Just a little humor, wit, and playing with words folks.)
rpan

Post by rpan »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/sf ... 5378.story was where I read the Neil Larsen piece - somebody tweeted that - including

"Cohen, a Montreal native who took up music in his 20s after he had established himself as a novelist and poet, is arguably reaching more listeners today than he has at any time in his life.

"It's been a special time for me," said Larsen, adding that he expects to keep touring with Cohen into next year. "I'm on the long haul."
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Thanks rpan!! Good article.

If you don't mind, I'm going to copy it and put in the thread with the other article about Neil Larsen that I started yesterday!

And yes, you were absolutely right! He does mention about touring into "next year." :D
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

I always did want to see Rio ;-) :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”