Leonard Cohen World Tour 2010???

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ladydi

Re: Leonard Cohen World Tour 2010???

Post by ladydi »

"Flying Down to Rio"...cha, cha, cha....

I'm with you!
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

ladydi wrote:...I'm still staying with my original hunch from a few months ago. This coming winter or spring Leonard will record a new album with the band/singers he has now. It will include several new songs that he's been writing, including those he has "tried out" on this current tour. In addition, a dvd/BluRay will be released with the "Best of World Tour 2008-2009". Then...there may be "select" concert dates to coincide with the album and dvd... Hey, that could be the 3 dots! DOT 1 - new album. DOT 2 - dvd. DOT 3 - select concerts. :D

Diana
Oh God I hope you are right! (and if you are right, I might win the signed CD on the "three dots" thread, I was the first to suggest a new CD there...)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Wasn't there some early speculation that the 2008-2009 tour might include Japan and South Africa?

Perhaps the 2010 tour will include a least one of these countries.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

MORE concerts?? Oh I wish... We can never get enough (as the man said). If he comes in 2010 only to Switzerland as rumour has it, and to no other European countries, then guess where I'll be heading from London town...

I'll keep watching the board...
Have an amazing time at the Stateside gigs, all you lucky ones who are going. I'll be with you in spirit.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Roscoe did tell me at the beginning of the tour that Asia and South America were on the itinerary :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Actually

Post by Actually »

Yep, I also remember hearing something about Asia... :roll:
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

The Far East was mentioned last December in an UNCUT interview with Roscoe Beck.
http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/leonard_co ... ures/12478
And new songs forthcoming?

Well, he’s writing. He’s already got some things written. He’s played me two of the songs. And there are more new songs. I saw him writing on the plane yesterday, in his notebooks. And he’s talked to me about wanting to do a new record. But it will probably be when the touring’s done. Just because we still have dates – we’re in Europe until December 1, we’ll break for Christmas, then I think we’re going to Hawaii, New Zealand, Australia and the Far East, after that will be the US and Western Canada, so there’s at least that much touring before we can start on a record. That will probably take us to at least October 2009 before we can even think about recording.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

Actually wrote:So you don't know about it, yet, faithfully?
The schedule is already out there - he'll be touring for three and a half months in Switzerland exclusively.

:roll:
Hey, we (in Switzerland living Folks) was not on the Tour-schedule in 2009, we had have Mr. Cohen only in Zürich 2008 and Montreux, also 2008. I am sure about this: I and a lot of Fans from Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Austria etc. would be pleased, if your scheduleplan was for real. We would be glad, if we have only two Weeks. But seriously: you are absolutely right. He was touring for nearly two Years. Give him and the whole Staff a very desearved break. But if he want go out there and touring again: I am sure, a lot of Fans want to see him again, and again... And the next Time: don't let us out of the Plan again.... We are satisfieyd with two more Shows in Zürich (or Germany, Spain, Portugal, Austria and.......)
cbben

Post by cbben »

Given the new songs and how well this band has performed I can certainly see a new album and, if it happens, more concerts. But--and please don't shoot the messenger here--another DVD of the same tour is simply a marketplace impossibility. Labels do not interfere with the sales of one product with the release a similar competing product.

We would all love to have a DVD including Chelsea Hotel, Famous Blue Raincoat, Waiting For The Miracle, and The Partisan -- all sorely missing from Live In London. Ideally Leonard Cohen might have waited for the entire tour to run its course before releasing a live album and DVD, but fiscal concerns play a part in these matters. I doubt they even filmed additional concerts.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”