Who's Sitting Where in San Jose?

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: Who's Sitting Where in San Jose?

Post by MaryB »

Anyone else want to be listed in this seating placement? We all want to know where everyone is sitting. Just post your seat location here and I will add you in. Thanks to all who have responded!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I'm at little concerned about the seating in San Jose. On the HP Pavilion website, you can click on the seating chart for Leonard's concert. There is FLR 1, FLR 2 and FLR 3....all seats in that area indicating $138. each. Then there is a solid section in front of FLR's 1, 2 and 3 which looks almost like a pit area showing the seats costing $253. each. Hopefully those of us with the more expensive seats will be there...just seemed a little strange that that area didn't indicate the separate FLR sections. Perhaps I'm fretting about nothing..... :roll:

ps..it's not the "end stage" seating chart that let's you see the view from your section, but the actual seat chart for LC's concert on the 13th.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I've seen this layout before in arena shows in Canada. They basically run all the blocks together for the first few rows (I think its row 1-5 in SJ?) for security reasons so they don't have a problem with people trying to invade the front from further back. I assume this is what is going on in SJ.

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Excellent! Thanks Wendy. Since the first 5 rows are a block against others from further back invading the stage, it means we have it all to ourselves to invade! :D ;-)
Actually

Post by Actually »

I can't even find that seating chart... :shock:
Could anyone provide a link, please?

Edit: I found it. :?
http://www.hppsj.com/seating_maps/Seati ... ART_ID=283

You can also see it on the pictures -> http://www.hppsj.com/images/seating_map ... age208.gif
http://www.hppsj.com/seating_maps/end_stage.asp
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

These old eyes of mine counted 7 rows in this primo section. This looks like all of us forum members who reported their seat location will be in this primo exclusive section :D :D :D !
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

They basically run all the blocks together for the first few rows (I think its row 1-5 in SJ?) for security reasons so they don't have a problem with people trying to invade the front from further back. I assume this is what is going on in SJ.
Diana, Isn't this exactly what they did in Phoenix? We were in the first "floor" row, but on our tickets it was called Row 5. In front of us were I guess four "pit" rows where all you lucky guys were sitting. I don't remember those rows being broken up into groups ... :? We're in Row 11 for SJ, but I think after the (5) pit rows it will probably actually be something like the 5th row back of the floor rows ... :neutral:

Grace
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
valentin

Post by valentin »

Would not it be possible retransmitted this concert as they have youtube u2? would be a fantastic way to finish the tour and the fans are not going to be able to travel we could see the show even with jet lag ...

:lol:
Verde que te quiero verde...
Actually

Post by Actually »

You mean they should broadcast it live on Youtube? I don't know, if that's possible...
Actually

Post by Actually »

MaryB wrote:These old eyes of mine counted 7 rows in this primo section. This looks like all of us forum members who reported their seat location will be in this primo exclusive section :D :D :D !
Looks like 3 to me:
Image Image
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Geez Nico and everyone else,

Now I'm really confused. I went by the chart on the first link, Nico - this chart specifically says for the LC concert. Looked like 7 to me. Now in your posted photos, I'm counting at least 8 rows. I don't see the 3 only you're talking about :? .
Grace, where are you seeing the 5 pit rows? I don't remember pit seating offerings on TM. Wendy, your assumption makes sense and I like it :D ! I hope this is so.

Mary
Actually

Post by Actually »

Well, everything seems to be on the same height...

I just meant that those three rows don't have breaks between the blocks...
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Mary, Nico, Grace,

I'm confused too. :roll: The photos that Nico posted do show only 3 rows without the dividing aisles, but then in the actual seat chart for Leonard's concert it does appear to be 7 rows (after squinting and trying to count the tiny squares!) It will be interesting to see who (outside of a few of our lucky Forum members) will be in those VIP seats in the centre part, surrounded by all of us ;-) .

And Grace, don't worry...you aren't that far back and we'll wave 8)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

ladydi wrote:Hi Mary, Nico, Grace,

I'm confused too. :roll: The photos that Nico posted do show only 3 rows without the dividing aisles, but then in the actual seat chart for Leonard's concert it does appear to be 7 rows (after squinting and trying to count the tiny squares
I don't know where Nico found the photos but I imagine that the layout can be different for each concert. I still make it 5 joined up rows for Leonard's concert in SJ (screen magnified to 400!) but it really doesn't matter - it is what it is and they could change it on the night anyway. The references to a "pit" may have confused some people. There is no "pit" at arena shows - these are simply just the front rows on the floor as per the photos Nico found.

Wendy
Actually

Post by Actually »

I took those pictures from the site that Misty Mary had posted earlier on: http://www.hppsj.com/seating_maps/end_stage.asp

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”