Who's Sitting Where in San Jose?

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ladydi

Re: Who's Sitting Where in San Jose?

Post by ladydi »

Hi MistyMarie,

I was in Phoenix too! Great concert...as they all are! I was sitting in the front next to MaryB and her husband...she is the one who presented Leonard with the little monkey (who is now Fred) and the plywood violin...what a delightful moment!

Will be good to see you in San Jose. We will definitely be arranging some sort of a meetup as it gets closer so keep your eyes open. Also, I would say to be prepared for almost anything at the SJ concert ;-) 8) :D

Welcome to the Forum!
All the best,
Diana
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

I am so ready! :lol: I even bought a new suitcase for the occasion! Has Leonard Cohen ever shown up at any of these meet-ups? I understand from a post I read on another forum that he gives a hint during every concert as to where he's staying, so this time I will be listening. The person who wrote the post was at a concert and heard him mention something that seemingly made no sense, until he realized there was a hotel nearby by that name. So he and his friend went over to that hotel for coffee after the concert and ran into Leonard and his entourage and wound up with autographs and pictures. Anyway, thanks for the welcome. It will be good to meet other Leonard Cohen fans in San Jose. The friends we are taking (they live in San Jose) don't know very much about him.

Diana, I read somewhere you live in Flagstaff ... my husband and I live in Show Low. We should have a "Northern Arizona listens to Leonard Cohen music evening" sometime. ;-)
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Misty Marie,

I'll pm you. Don't I wish I lived in Flag! I did live for 8 years at the Grand Canyon many years ago but love all of northern AZ. I would be up for your suggestion though..wouldn't that be fun!

Diana
a.ephroni

Post by a.ephroni »

Hi, Mary (et al)--

I just noticed this thread; I and my friend Stephanie are in Floor 3, Row 2, seats 9 and 10. I am so looking forward to the chance (hopefully!) to meet some of you in person, after the silliness of being so close and not meeting at Red Rocks. :)

Thanks for compiling this list!
Annette
Tombuck

Post by Tombuck »

Can anyone tell or Email Bob Metzger I said hello? I live near San Jose. He can E me back at tbuckman@bww.com Thanks.
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

I'm getting so excited! I've been trying to think of something fitting to give Leonard, and I keep coming back to dropping to my knees, which would get across the feeling, but would hardly be noticeable . . . . unless done by all the Cohenites in the first few rows?
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

CinCin wrote:I'm getting so excited! I've been trying to think of something fitting to give Leonard, and I keep coming back to dropping to my knees, which would get across the feeling, but would hardly be noticeable . . . . unless done by all the Cohenites in the first few rows?
Great idea! Alas, some of us would not be able to do it as gracefully as LC :roll: :lol: !
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

Notice I said "fall" to our knees. And didn't mention getting up. Hopefully he'll look away and give us a chance to help each other up gracefully. :lol:
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

CinCin wrote:Notice I said "fall" to our knees. And didn't mention getting up. Hopefully he'll look away and give us a chance to help each other up gracefully. :lol:
CinCin,
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you for my laugh of the day. Ooooh, the visual!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

This is pretty cool if you haven't seen it ... click on the section where your seat is and you'll get a view of the stage from that area.
http://www.hppsj.com/seating_maps/end_stage.asp

Misty
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Actually

Post by Actually »

Imagine you were in section 208... Cohen & band would look like little playmobil men :lol:
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

Oh, but our friendly ticket brokers have exactly those seats for you at a great price: in Section 208 for $89 each, in Section 209 for $190 each, and in Section 213 for $384 each. Lots of rows in front of you, that's for sure. :shock: :roll:
Actually

Post by Actually »

Well, should I...? That would be a completely new experience ;-)
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

Well, you probably get a pair of binoculars to go with the $384 seats. But you might have to give them back on your way out the door. :roll:
Actually

Post by Actually »

Hmmm sounds very tempting, but I think I'll better keep my seat... It was a tough decision, though! :shock:

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”