Who's Sitting Where in San Jose?

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
danf

Re: Who's Sitting Where in San Jose?

Post by danf »

There appear to be tickets, still, but I am dissuaded by both the distance from my home, and the fact that it's in a 17K seat hockey arena.

I so wish he'd play Portland. . .
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

FREEMAN wrote: Sorry to be so long winded, but I just wanted to introduce myself
& say the fans attending The LC shows I saw were the most
appreciative fans I have ever seen in my 30 something years
of going to concerts. I am honored to be among you.

San Jose s: flr3/r7/s1
Also going to MSG & Vegas

Cheers!
Freeman
New Orleans
Hi Freeman,

Welcome to the Forum! Even though you've been around for awhile now, you haven't done many posts and wasn't sure if any of us had said "hi" yet. So glad you got to stay over for Red Rocks....wasn't it awesome! We were on vacation in the mountains...drove down on the 2nd...found out about the postponement....spent a couple of hours commiserating with others at the hotel...and then drove back into the mountains. But, we came back for the 4th! Not everyone was so fortunate.

I debated MSG with myself but couldn't afford the NY hotels. So I'll be at both LV and SJ! Look forward to meeting up with you there! Keep an eye on this area as it gets closer to the concerts. We'll be definitely arranging some sort of meetups in both cities.

All the best,
Diana
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

I'm in Flr 3, row 1, seats 14 & 15. I am so thrilled he's coming back! I saw Leonard & Co. in Phoenix, and I've been listening to his music day and night ever since. I wonder if there's any chance we can get in early? Didn't they do that in some of the concerts first time around? If not, I'm coming up for the weekend. Any suggestions about what to do or where to stay in the area?
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi CinCin,

Jarkko advised that the early entrance will probably be reinstated again once the tour returns to the US, as there will be the will-call pickup. In the past, if the concert starts at 8pm, the box office and the doors open at 630pm for those with will-call tickets. General admittance is at 7pm. The merchandise table and bar will also be open, and some members of the band should be circulating through the lobby! As SJ is the last concert of this tour, I'm sure there will be the early-in!

There is another thread discussing some of the local hotels in San Jose which may help. Not sure what all there is in the SJ area but if you have a car you are just a few miles from one of the most beautiful cities in the world with TONS of things to see and do!

See you in SJ!
All the best,
Diana
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

Thanks, Diana. I'm getting so excited! See you there!
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
annaraven

Post by annaraven »

afanghanel wrote:Or maybe I am sitting on annaraven's lap?
I think we're in different rows. But I wouldn't mind if you sat on my lap - as long as you don't block my view. ;-)

I am SO excited! We just watched "Live in London" video. We've already booked our hotel room.

Yeah. Did I mention I'm really excited?!
Conny

Post by Conny »

Hi,
I'm so happy being able to write "floor3, row 3, seat 5" :D
Thank you so much, Graham!
Conny
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam
tigrib

Post by tigrib »

I am in FLR 3
row 5
seat 13
:)thx
2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
Pielady

Post by Pielady »

A friend got us seats at the last minute and did not purchase the most expensive tickets. We are in Section 116 Row 16 and seats 19 and 20. Does anyone know if I will be able to see much of LC??? p.s. after she purchased the tickets and I got flights, I found out about the Ft. Lauderdale concert which is about 45 minutes from my house!! My own fault for trusting someone else to make the arrangements. Anyway...do I at least have halfway decent seats?? THANKS
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi pielady,

You can check out the seat chart on http://www.hppsj.com. That's the website for the HP Pavilion. Scroll down to Leonard concert date and click on seat chart. As you face the stage your seats are on the far left side, on the side. It will be sort of a side view of the stage but you should be able to see Leonard just fine. Also because of the size of the venue there will probably also be large screens in place.

Look forward to seeing you there!

All the best,
Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Pielady,

Welcome to the forum! Have you ever been to one of LC's concerts? If Lauderdale is only 45 min. from where you live, you will not regret going to this concert also, if you can manage it. You will find it money well spent. And then San Jose will be the icing on the cake for you. Watch the forum for meetups. These are such a bonus to the concerts.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Hi Conny,

Glad that you could make it! I will see you there.. .

graham
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Hi,

This will be seen as sacriledge by many and quite possibly you would be right but I thought I would stick it up here anyway.. . ? It sounds a bit muddy and basic but it has a certain moodiness to it, it will not in a million years come close to the original but interesting maybe? Anyway it seems to be the start of an album that Beck and a few of his mates are mucking around with covering 'Songs of Leonard Cohen'. The last one they did was a Velvet Underground LP.

http://pitchfork.com/news/36409-beck-re ... ard-cohen/

graham
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
j6ppc

Post by j6ppc »

Seat location: section 101, row 12, seats 21-22

I can't wait. He was incredible in LA; got to be something a little extra special for the last gig of this tour as well. I'd very much like to meet up as well if anything gets organized.
Bests

Jon
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

I'm brand new to this forum, but my husband and I attended the Leonard Cohen Concert in Phoenix in April, and enjoyed it so much we're taking friends to his November concert in San Jose. We're in Floor 3, Row 11, seats 8-11. Is anybody going to take him the chocolates and long-stemmed rose?
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”