Nashville Concertgoers

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lionking

Re: Nashville Concertgoers

Post by lionking »

Hello, I am coming down from Toronto to see Leonard in Nashville, I would love to meet up with some other cohen fans, can I still get in on the meet-up?
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

hello lionking!

We haven't set in stone any plans yet, are you staying for a few days in Nashville?

Was thinking if there will be people in for a few days maybe we could meet the day before or after the show for the offical "meetup" (Ryman tour, country music hall of fame, the general jackson showboat, haunted walking tour of downtown nashville...etc)

Cara
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

I just love this comment
http://www.nashvillescene.com/2009-09-1 ... ide-music/
• Leonard Cohen (Nov. 5, TPAC) While tickets to this rare appearance by rock's greatest baritone are pretty pricey—running as high as $252.50—you get what you pay for, such as seeing the Sergio Leone of singer-songwriters perform "Hallelujah" and "Everybody Knows" (while perhaps dipping into his early-'70s Nashville-recorded catalog). Some things are worth a second mortgage.
Adam gold
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

bridger15 wrote:I just love this comment
http://www.nashvillescene.com/2009-09-1 ... ide-music/
• Leonard Cohen (Nov. 5, TPAC) While tickets to this rare appearance by rock's greatest baritone are pretty pricey—running as high as $252.50—you get what you pay for, such as seeing the Sergio Leone of singer-songwriters perform "Hallelujah" and "Everybody Knows" (while perhaps dipping into his early-'70s Nashville-recorded catalog). Some things are worth a second mortgage.
Adam gold
"rock's greatest baritone" is totally right on too! :D

I got to thinking about this Nashville concert and wondered how much he and the band will countrify it. Will they do Tennessee Waltz? That would be worth the price of admission alone. I started making a mental list of his country flavored songs. I bet they will do Heart With No Companion in TN since they have been doing it elsewhere. Closing Time, Passing Through, That Don't Make it Junk, what else?
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by dick »

I'd love to hear "I Can't Forget"
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Just thought I'd share a very exciting poster created by the owner of world famous Hatch Print Shop

here's a video link about the shop

http://www.countrymusichalloffame.com/s ... x?cid=3966
Attachments
leonard hatch.jpg
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Cara,

What a wonderful little documentary of the Hatch Print Shop! I'm so impressed with how they remain true to the original way of printing. They somehow have a special touch, far from the digitalized prints we are accustomed to. I am so very very pleased that AEG and Leonard's team decided to go with Hatch! Thanks for sharing with us!

And....enjoy the concert!

Diana
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks Cara

Looking forward to meeting you in Nashville

dick
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Anne & I are looking forward to a meet up before/after the concert. We are arriving on Wednesday, Nov. 4th and staying at the Courtyard downtown. Looking forward to meeting you!

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

Light as a Breeze has a nice country western twang to it. Beautiful steel guitar, too. I'm also looking forward to something maybe a little different from what I've been listening to on the Live in London CDs for the past 4 months. (Not that I would object in any way if it were not different at all.)
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I'd take the whole Songs From A Room & Songs From Love and Hate setlist...he recorded 'em in Music City. :)
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I wonder if Bob Johnston will be at the Nashville show?
I think I remember seeing where he was living in LA, anyone know if he is still in Nashville?

Also, wondering if Charlie Daniels will be at the show? That's be a riot.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Hey everyone! Don't know if anyone would want to do a group thing maybe the day before the show or day after the show but here are some ideas...

A friend at work told me there is a group discount for the country music hall of fame downtown for 15+ people (I think the discounted price is 17.00 while regular is 22.00 - so not that much of a discount I've never been to it since it moved, but think it looks awesome).
http://www.countrymusichalloffame.com/site/

The Ryman (one of the homes of The grand ol' opry) has tours for $17.00 including backstage (it is my understanding that you can go in and walk around for free w/o the tour if no show is happening that day, but I could have gotten someone who didn't know what they were talking about)
http://www.ryman.com/

The Frist Art Center is also really awesome, there is a guided group tour for $7.00 a person (10+ people)
http://www.fristcenter.com/site/default.aspx

anyone else who is familar with Nashville have any other ideas?

I am also thinking, should we create something to find each other lanyards, pins, tshirts even? I felt so very honored to get to meet ladydi in detroit but sorry to have missed so many others! Here's hoping for a people filled meetup! :)
holydove

Post by holydove »

My husband and I will be going to Nashville from Durham; Nashville will be our ninth and last LC concert, so it will likely be a very intense experience; I am so scared by the possibility of never seeing Leonard again, though of course I am also eternally grateful to him for sharing his divine art & being with all of us, not only during this huge tour, but also for all these many years that he has been in our lives (I have been listening to him for forty years, since I was 16). . . But to make the "last one" manageable, I've decided to believe that it is totally possible that we will see him again at some point, after he has had a nice, rejuvenating, well-deserved rest!

We would love to be part of any meetup that everyone decides on, so keep us posted, please. . .

I too would love to hear a live version of Light As The Breeze - it has become one of my current favorites; I've been hearing that song, as well as The Miracle, on a whole new level lately; isn't it incredible how that forever continues to happen with LC songs!
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Holydove -

Nashville will only be the 2nd time my man and I will have seen LC and will also be our last...for this tour at least. I wish we could go to Vegas or San Jose but the money is just not there for us (we have a wedding to save for, geez! expect a first dance to be a LC song though). There are a few musicans whom we never thought we'd ever get the chance to see live - just because they don't tour around here. Leonard Cohen was one of these. (on our "list" was also Rufus Wainwright, Antony & the Johnsons, Brian Wilson, Lou Reed - all of whom we've seen in the past 3 years, we feel so blessed by the music gods!)

Detroit was such a touching experince for me. The girl who was sitting next to us was from England and had flown over to see LC (her boyfriend lived in Detroit and he in fact FELL ASLEEP during the second half :shock: ). We were like long lost sisters (of mercy?) whom, for the moments when Leonard was on stage were locked together through spirit. We didn't have to say anything we were both battling the tears and laughter from the joy of being there. I too am looking at Nashville to be a very special one for me. I am so thanking to him for letting us all experince the music & the talented musicans he has touring with him!

Maybe I will start a thread like Vegas where we list where we're sitting and other plans for the meetup - also I know people are coming from other places...maybe if you write where you're coming from that'd be interesting!

(maybe everyone could write where they are staying or if they have transportation (a few could split a taxi or someone else could come help with a ride, and I can edit the 1st post)

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”