The Monkey and a plywood violin

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Actually

Re: The Monkey and a plywood violin

Post by Actually »

MaryB wrote:
Actually wrote:I'm not that fanatic, just in case you haven't noticed 8)
Ooooh, I've met you Nico (Beacon) and I think you keep up with us very well :D !
That's not fair, I wasn't really sober at the Beacon! :razz:
Actually

Post by Actually »

Btw. in Colmar someone threw a monkey on stage, as well, but it didn't get as much attention as the boxing gloves and the stethoscope.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

That's because there is no monkey comparable to Fred! ;-)
mutti

Post by mutti »

I have never met Fred but have been fortunate enough to see photos of him time by time.
My gut feeling is he is having a ball and very happy on the tour and being cared for by whoever is his 'caregiver' at the moment.

I have been wanting to say this but thought maybe it wasn't politically correct but here it goes.

My hope and desire and vote is that if Fred does appear in Colombus Ohio or at the end of the tour that he goes to visit his Mother Mary and stay with her for awhile...not get auctioned off....and then she can decide after consulting with Fred who will be so much wiser and sensitive and meditative after touring with Leonard and his band and crew and after being so blessed as to hear the concerts night after night...
and the 2 of them can discuss if he stays with her for awhile, a day or for a long time and if he is going to leave her at least they had that beautiful time together..
what do you think Mother Mary and the rest of you folk?

There I said it..
got a lot off my chest..
thanks for listening..
Mutti :lol: :razz: :lol: 8) :D :D :D
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Leslie,

How sweet of you to want Fred to spend time with me and be here in Columbus, Ohio :D . When I 'gifted' him and the plywood violin, he then belonged to everyone. I therefore, have no problem with him being auctioned off or won in a lottery or raffle situation. Hopefully then the money would go to some worthy charity or good cause and Fred will find a home with someone who would understand his significance and cherish him.

Even though we haven't seen him in a while (since Joey Carenza, road manager, posted a picture of him on his flickr.com/photos/fauxmantic page), how special is it that the LC entourage have adopted Fred, enjoy him enough to give us the occasional photos, and keep him under their care. He has also provided so many of us with humorous posts and keeps us amused.

This attention given to Fred brings me complete, unlimited joy. I could not ask for anything more and do thank you for your oh so kind thoughts!

Kindest regards,
Mother Mary

(PS Bonus reward for me - they will all be here in Columbus, Ohio (of all places :roll: ) :D :D :D !)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mutti

Post by mutti »

Mary you are so sweet and Fred is lucky to have such a great Mother.
To have gifted him to go on this tour on his own is beautiful
and I am so happy he is coming to Colombus to see you and George again..
who would have thought!
See you in Las Vegas...swinging time.
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Nothing important...just slipping our little guy up towards the top again! Guess Fred is heading to Greece for a little R&R...perhaps on Hydra? Relax...get some sun....sip a little vino....perhaps encounter a pretty monkette. No problem, you deserve this time to kick back. Watch out for our Maestro and just be the beautiful little guy you have always been!

You know you have "family" waiting to see you back in the US!

Hugs,
"Aunt" Diana
xoxoxoxoxoxo
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Boy - this guy has been MIA for quite a while now? I hope no one sold him! :shock:

Then again - selling a monkey may not be as easy as one might think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbCc2jeEQdY
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Linda,

That is SO funny! What a hoot! OMG, somehow I can't imagine anyone handling Fred like that...he is such a gentle little soul...even if he did like it when the women ripped their blouses off :roll:

But you are right, no Fred since Norway; however, I am pretty sure that he is at most of the concerts sitting just off stage! Perhaps he may reappear after this little holiday in Greece :D

Thanks so much for sharing that hilarious video!

Diana
mutti

Post by mutti »

Linda That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!! I had to play it a few times..I just loved it..
Now of course I sure hope Fred has not been sold into the black market on the 'other side'.
Somehow I think he is having a holiday like you said Diana...
he is getting ready for the last act and I can imagine he loves it when the women ripped their blouses off - :lol:
He is after all Fred the Monkey and came from George and Mary's home...who knows what they taught him there.. ;-)
just joking!!!
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

mutti wrote:He is after all Fred the Monkey and came from George and Mary's home...who knows what they taught him there.. ;-)
Mutti
You never know ;-) . This may be why he was 'adopted' by this troupe :lol: .

Linda, :lol: :lol: :lol: . I would buy one from Paul Newman 8) :lol: . Thanks for my laugh of the day!

It has been a lonnnng time since we've seen him. He may be waiting to show himself once he comes back home to NA. Where was the last photo posted here taken?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
j6ppc

Post by j6ppc »

This thread has been a great read. Who knows... Perhaps Fred will be in San Jose.
Bests

Jon
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

YEAH!!!! Fred is on the mosaic with the band! Hopefully, we'll see more of him when he comes 'home'.

Mother Mary

Jon, it is fun, isn't it?
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Fred!

Just wanted to tell you how excited I was to see your photo (with fedora) included in the beautiful mosaic for Leonard's special birthday! You look wonderful, although I know the photo was take a few months ago, but it's also nice that you are with your little friend from Norway (reindeer?). Hope you had a nice relaxing time in Greece (or wherever you may have gone ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ) but I'm sure you are happy now to be in the beautiful cities of Spain. Hope to see you when you return to America.

Big hugs,
Diana
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi again Fred,

There has been so much excitement over the past week. Our Leonard (and some others) developed either food poisoning or some other dastardly tummy thing. :cry: Hopefully you have stayed on bananas...they are very good for you. Then the Maestro is well again and there is a HUGE concert in Barcelona. It's much more than a concert.....it's his birthday!! And us humans tend to really celebrate birthdays....especially when they seem to be on special years....never figured that one out :roll:

I suspect that even your special guardian was sick...that must have made him (oops, maybe her) VERY VERY unhappy. But everyone seems recovered now and they are eating wonderful food in Israel. I think maybe apples dipped in honey.

You are learning so many customs as you travel with Leonard and the band. It makes you a very special monkey! Not every monkey in the world has these privileges and the opportunity to experience so much!

Tomorrow will be a concert like no other. It will be for peace and reconciliation...that means appreciating and respecting each other...maybe even loving each other because we are all in this world together. It may seem strange to love someone you don't know, but it seems there is a thread that connects us all.

Fred...I know that you emit love from your heart and make people feel so good and happy! Perhaps in the coming months you may find a new home because someone wants to give much to keep you close to them, and you will in turn be giving much to others.....maybe children....maybe those who have nothing.....but you are very very important, and very very special.

We know you have your passport, so there will be no problem returning to the United States. Hopefully one of our wonderful moderators will move YOUR special thread to the US Fall Tour area...AND....we would love to see some more photos of you! The last time was in Norway...thank you Mr. Joey.

Love and hugs,
Aunt Di xoxoxoxo

ps...do you still have the Tiger t-shirt?

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”