Chelsea Hotel Plaque

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
A'af

Re: Chelsea Hotel Plaque

Post by A'af »

Done!!! :D :D :D

thanks to the folks who can managed this smoothly...
truth without a veil is uninteresting to human mind
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Sorry about the difficulty/slowness in getting the images up. Sometime this evening I will try to re-do it with less on a page, and then I think it will open easier.
I'm pleased that at least the pdf works, Wijbe.
Working on getting the video onto Youtube...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, you're right that my computer's slow, Margaret. Even much slower than its own norm, which is already very slow... but it doesn't even look like it's trying to do anything. I'll try again, though, on the off-chance.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Lizzy, can you get the pdf at the bottom of that page downloaded onto your computer? Perhaps not, seeing that it comes after everything else. If nothing is working, pm me your email address, and I'll send you the pdf as an attachment.
Sue
lightning

Post by lightning »

While you people are reading your programs which Sue has been kind enough to upload, I have posted the 28 minute video I made for Tuli Kupferberg's cable show Revolting News on Vimeo.
Here it is. Hope you all see yourself and submit pictures to Jarkko:

http://vimeo.com/7239076

I posted a higher quality file on DailyMotion, the tulifuli account. It looks less blurry and the color is better:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaxdse ... -cer_music
Last edited by lightning on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Thanks, lightning, for the video.
The clips on youtube, are substantially the same as lightning's video, but a different perspective. The last 8 or 9 minutes of lightning's video, showing the photo shoot at the painting of Leonard at the check-in desk, and the reception, are not covered in the youtube clips.
Thanks to Leonard from Montreal and Hugh from Australia for doing the filming.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V43ntfa23cI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37RHNxOUNgk
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOIGdA0MK30

Sue
Last edited by sue7 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks much Thelma! And Sue.

My wife has also created a 60 still photo show that can be found here:

http://www.photoworks.com/slideshow/alb ... urce=pw980

Don't think it has been credited yet. The man posing with Esther and me at the Cohen portrait is Robert Lambert, a very well respected artist still living in the hotel. Lobby has long featured his work. His Cohen portrait was done some time back, and he brought it out just in time for our ceremony!

Dick
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

Thank you Sue, Thelma and Dick for posting so quickly. Wish I could have been there ....

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you, Sue. It looks like if I'm going to see it, you'll need to mail it to me, instead. I scrolled to the bottom as a friend suggested and it wasn't possible. I got some kind of pop-up message talking about a font not being able to be read. Don't ask me :? ... but obviously, my computer is not 'in the know' :lol: .

I'll PM you with my email address.

Thanks!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lightning

Post by lightning »

Sue, I'm being told "This video is private" and cannot access your videos. Please list them as public, on the page where you upload them, I think.
sue7

Post by sue7 »

lightning wrote:Sue, I'm being told "This video is private" and cannot access your videos. Please list them as public, on the page where you upload them, I think.
Thanks, lightning. I uploaded them directly from imovie, and skipped that screen. They should work now. Please let me know if they don't.
Sue
lightning

Post by lightning »

Hi Sue,
You were closer to the audio source so you got better sound with the videos but you were not positioned well for the unveiling, so it's good to have both videos. Your camera did well in low light. What brand and model was it?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Oh what a great plaque will it stay in that position near the door, did someone's plaque get re-housed or was there always space there?

I wish I had been there is looks amazing. Thanks for the videos. Really nice to see Esther and Dick they look so happy.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Henning

Post by Henning »

I remove my wig
and bow my head
to the bravest Dick
and the words he said

about the Chelsea
and its connection
with famous LC
and his affection

for wax and no will
for sex and no bill
for words that are wrong
but get him a song

Good job my friend - the plaque looks great.

H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Henning wrote:I remove my wig
and bow my head
to the bravest Dick
and the words he said

about the Chelsea
and its connection
with famous LC
and his affection

for wax and no will
for sex and no bill
for words that are wrong
but get him a song

H.
Let's start a new fund raiser for a plaque for our Dear Poet Henning! I have already kneeled before Him, now give Him the everlasting credit He deserves and let us a mount a plaque in -let's say- the "Leinenmuseum Haigerseelbach". Perhaps later it can be moved to the Heimatmuseum of Haiger, once Henning has proven He deserves being mentioned as an important part of His town's history... I will write to the Haigerer Zeitung and the Haigerer Kurier to find out how we can get some local publicity for this.

By the way: Congratulations from me too, Dick (and the others)

Take care,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”