a little update regarding to the israeli concert

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
gever27

a little update regarding to the israeli concert

Post by gever27 »

according to bank discount speaker,there is no change in the schedule for leonard's visit in israel this thursday.
the preperations to the concert continues in ramat gan stadium.
leonard cohen is scheduled to land in israel on wednesday,just one day before day the concert.
anyone who will arive to this concert will get some gifts from bank discount,the sponsor of the concert.
the gifts will be a seating pilow,a cooler bag and a green stick light.
i think it will be amazing if all of the 48000 people will light their stick during hallelujah.
AyalaBE

Re: a little update regarding to the israeli concert

Post by AyalaBE »

Good idea to light the sticks during Hallelujah....maybe we could sing Yom Holedet Sameach as well at some point, his Hebrew birthday seems to fall next week so it isn't over yet!

With my tickets there was also a piece of paper that seemed to be saying (my Hebrew is really appalling) that there was a gift of a book.... Does anyone know anything about this, or where to collect it ?

Wow, can't wait!
gever27

Post by gever27 »

the israeli production wanted to bring a cake to the stage for leonard and to put up some fireworks during the concert
to celebrate his 75th birthday but leonard's staff,and probably leonard himself said no.it just tells how modest leonard is and how he's taking this concert
very seriously.
as for the book-you can collect it in a bookshop called "tzomet sfarim".
AyalaBE

Post by AyalaBE »

gever27

Post by gever27 »

you welcome.
by the way,according to an israeli website nana10,leonard has landed here a half an hour ago.however,i haven't seen any pictures
or other refernces that will prove it.
AyalaBE

Post by AyalaBE »

I was just sent a link to this page of travel information for the concert, on the police website...I assume the bus numbers listed are buses that go to the stadium? I am a bit confused because I was planning on taking the 531, 524 or 525 bus from Arlozorov and none of those are listed
http://www.telaviv.police.gov.il/index.asp?ID=30119
:?
mery77

Post by mery77 »

Hey Gever27 how do you know about the gift pack? I've just searched online and there was no info once or ever, though it's just the net.... But still it sounds weird that the bank will put out almost 50,000 such gift packs, maybe it's for the bank's clients only?

I hope it's not because I really love the idea of all the audience would light the skies during LC's emotional songs
gever27

Post by gever27 »

hey mery,all of those who will come to the concert will get a stick light,a cooler bag and a seating pilow.
bank discount customers will get a coupon for leonard's book.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”