CONCERT REPORTS: Dublin, July 19, 20, 22, 23

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Joan

Re: My video of 'So Long Marianne'

Post by Joan »

I'm delighted that ye enjoyed my video.
I feel blessed to have been there to see those wonderful moments live...
...and even more blessed to have captured it, to enjoy and treasure forever.
Thanks for your kind words.
Regards, Joan.
sturgess66

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Dublin, July 19, 20, 22, 23

Post by sturgess66 »

Wonderful, wonderful video Joan!! Thanks so much for sharing. And Leonard is holding pearls?
Last edited by sturgess66 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joan

Post by Joan »

I'm glad you like the video sturgess66
I don't think Leonard is holding pearls - I think they could be 'prayer beads' but I'm open to correction....
Kind Regards, Joan.
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

Lovely video! He looks SO happy! :D
My face 'beams' just like that when I'm watching him. :D :D . Wonderful.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
Joan

Re: My video of 'So Long Marianne'

Post by Joan »

mydoglorca wrote:Lovely video! He looks SO happy! :D
My face 'beams' just like that when I'm watching him. :D :D . Wonderful.
I'm glad that you like my video.
Although I must admit, when I watch it, while I do have a big smile on my face as I'm singing along, I also tend to have a few tears in my eyes, I find it beautifully emotional.
Kind Regards, Joan.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hi Joan
I know how you feel when you say that.

Hav eyou seen this clip that was posted on the Israeli concert thread. Another beautiful one... and if you listen carefully you can hear Leonard say.............. I like to hear you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_T4K9J ... annel_page
bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Joan, that's a great video thank you. I was there for two nights so it's wonderful to be able to relive it now.
Dublin 1988, 2008,2009, Belfast 2009, Bratislava 2009, Gent 2010, Dublin 2012
Joan

Post by Joan »

bluebell wrote:Joan, that's a great video thank you. I was there for two nights so it's wonderful to be able to relive it now.
You're welcome - I've been reliving and loving it every day myself.....
Kind Regards, Joan.
Yon1967

Post by Yon1967 »

Hi all

July 23rd was my first time ever seeing Leonard Cohen live. What an experience - I simply can't express in words what i felt - he just blew me away with A Thousand Kisses Deep, i haven't been the same since. It was a birthday present from my husband and he knows now it was simply the best present he has ever given to me. I still haven't gotten over it. i have been on the net every night since just reading everything and anything about Leonard. My first concert but def. the first of many many more.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

How about a petition to ask Leonard to play another concert on his way back to USA? I would love to hear Lover, Lover, Lover, and a few new songs such as Lullaby. Has anyone got any influence over such matters? Jarkko maybe? Could we try bribery?
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Now Now jd, its time to let go. He has been more than generous with his time.
You can always watch the DVD of the tour or the clips on here anytime you want to.

Whoever thought a few years ago that he WOULD come back on the road again?
We really should just be more than grateful now.

Leonard has been gracious to every fan he met, brilliant at every concert and given more than we could ever ask for.

I also think Jarkko will need a well deserved rest at the end of this tour too.
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words »

Reading these comments again and thinking of the generosity of spirit of LC and the impact of this on others I was reminded of something that happened standing in line to get in to the Dunlin concert. There was a busker playing guitar with a note asking for money to buy a ticket for the concert. A man standing beside me walked over and handed the man a ticket. It was like he had won the lotto.

I am sure the LC tour has been a spiritual and kindness generating force.

I personally have been interested in the journey that seems to be coming full circle (or reaching a plateau) and continuing his thought process of recent years in the new songs played recently in America through love, heartbreak, depression, longing etc., to a new insight.
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

The Irish Times - My Cultural Year

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fea ... 50767.html

DEARBHLA COLLINS

Pianist and artistic director, Veronica Dunne International Singing Competition
Without a doubt, the highlight of 2009 for me was the Leonard Cohen concert in the O2 in June. Not only was it my first time at a live Cohen experience, it was also my first time in the newly revamped venue, and what a success that is. The sound is fantastic, the stage seems close to all the seats and one has the excitement of a 6,000-seat venue along with the intimacy of a much smaller space. Every moment of the concert by the 74-year-old Cohen was memorable, his peerless stagecraft and charisma a lesson to all of us, not to mention the stunning voices of Sharon Robinson and “the sublime Webb Sisters”.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”