CONCERT REPORT: Antwerp, July 4

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Ingrid

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Antwerp, July 4

Post by Ingrid »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Davido wrote:Diana,
I have just watched Ingrid's videos - good stuff.
I must say that during 'whither thou goest' the 'object' that looks like Fred (same colour/size etc) is, I think, the flower/s that are passed to Sharon Robinson. You can see them more clearly, in Sharon's left hand, a little later in the video.

Dave
I happened to have the data stick with my Antwerp photos on in my bag so I checked the Whither Thou Goest shots. Sorry but there is definitely no sign of Fred; as Dave says, the object is a small bouquet of roses in some sort of coloured cellophane held in Sharon's left hand. For what it's worth, there is no sign of any wilt. I was going to post the photo but I have no technology here to blank out Roscoe's son's face and I don't feel it is my place to post a photograph of him on a public forum.

Good to know that Fred still visits us Dave!

Wendy

Indeed it are roses! The lady who gave them was standing just next to us. By the way, who is FRED?
Ingrid.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Ingrid - check out The Monkey and the Plywood Violin topic which has now been moved to this Summer Tour section - all will be revealed to you :lol: .

Thank you all for your reviews of this concert and welcome to all the new posters - hope you stay around this wonderful forum. I could feel the heat and all the love for LC from all these great reviews. It's so nice to know LC was received so enthusiastically.

And thank you Maarten for all the lovely photos. Loved the one of Sharon in particular.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Winterblossom

Post by Winterblossom »

Lovely pictures, Maarten, of an amazing concert! Thanks for sharing, as I did not take any this time (I was in the 19th row).

Leonard was so very much "alive and kicking"! He seemed at least five years younger than in Brussels or Bruges. How does he manage that? Once again, he gave us an unforgettable evening, which will live in our memory for ever!
Thank you so much, Mr. Cohen, for adding your beautiful music and words to my life , ever since I was young. It really means a lot to me. And due to your music, I recently found a really nice new friend, isn't that wonderful too? Ja Bart1979, ik heb je wel herkend! Groetjes aan mijn "maatje", en nog eens bedankt voor de Cohen-cd die je me donderdag gaf. Inderdaad héél mooi! Van Anjani Thomas heb ik ook nog de CD "Blue Alert", waarover je op deze site meer kan lezen. Ze ging hiervoor aan de slag met een aantal onafgewerkte Cohen-nummers.Cohen was mede-producer.( Ze zingt trouwens ook "Nightingale" op "Dear Heather".)
I came so far for beauty, I left so much behind...
1985 Brussels-1988 Antwerp-2008 Bruges and Brussels-2009 Antwerp-2010 Ghent (2x)-2012 Ghent (2x)-2013 Antwerp
hansr

Post by hansr »

A fantastic concert again last week in Antwerp. Even better than last year in Rotterdam, where we saw and heard LC for the first time in our life. I still can't stand forgetting LC after the sixties and rediscovering him so much later, but not too late! Next month we go to Colmar and who knows to another concert in september.

Hans
2008 Rotterdam
2009 Antwerp, Colmar, Barcelona
2010 Malmo, Ghent (3x), Strassbourg, Lille
2012 Ghent (2x), Amsterdam (2x), London, Dublin, Paris, Lisbon
2013 Antwerp, Brussels, Lucca, Vienna, Oslo, Manchester, London, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Tinkie:
For the blessings at the end of the concert, Marteen is right ...he said "...don't catch a summer cold...." and by the way ....at the very end of the show, who throw the banana on the stage that Leonard picked up with a huge smile on his face ?

I really would like to know because it was so surrealist, so improbable... so funny and so nice to see that fans care about the monkey !!! what about the plywood violin ?

All the best
Tinkie
The Flower and Banana was thrown on the stage by Corrie Roeleveld.
LC with banana.
LC with banana.
albumImYMan.jpg (12.12 KiB) Viewed 11496 times
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
bert de donder

Post by bert de donder »

Hello there everybody,

I am new on the forum. I attented the concert in Antwerp, 2009, Fourth of July. Enjoyed this concert very much. I am looking for the playlist that evening. I thought Mr. Cohen and his band ended the concert by the song Famous Blue Raincoat (o.c. there was at the end Whiter Thou Goest).

Thank you all, most kind regards,

Bert
Lumi2414

Post by Lumi2414 »

bert de donder wrote:Hello there everybody,

I am new on the forum. I attented the concert in Antwerp, 2009, Fourth of July. Enjoyed this concert very much. I am looking for the playlist that evening. I thought Mr. Cohen and his band ended the concert by the song Famous Blue Raincoat (o.c. there was at the end Whiter Thou Goest).

Thank you all, most kind regards,

Bert
Bert,

You can find the setlist for Antwerp here on the "Setlists of the Summer Tour in Europe 2009" thread ;-)
dartagnan

Post by dartagnan »

Late comment.. but was there too with my wife. And Sir Cohen, you have touched us in a way that Music can do, but does rarely. Thank you.
I have been following you for +20 years now, having been introduced to your music through my parents.

We are sure to relive this experience soon.. in Nîmes we'll be present :-) !

Bart & Sabine

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”