Barcelona Celebration 20 and 21-09-2009

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
trish

Re: Barcelona Celebration 20 and 21-09-2009

Post by trish »

Hi Bernie - Nah, not there yet.... Tomorrow night. Can't wait! Heading there now to drop off luggage with Frances and Frank rather than lug it all up to Pennyslvania and back... Philadelphia here I come! (sorry, was just dying to say that! LOL). Hope all is well is lovely Dublin..
ciaran

Post by ciaran »

trish wrote:
ciaran wrote: As I sit here on a dark, drizzly Manchester night shortly setting off on an overnight trip to Dublin.....Ciarán
Ciarán, if you don't mind me saying so.... Ya big eejit!! Why didn't you come over on Saturday night, you could have come to the Dublin meetup? A great time was had by all!
Trish

Yes... I know, I know! I did email Leonard asking hinm to postpone the first night of the US tour so that the meetup would move to Monday night... so I'm very sorry to have missed you all. I'm over in Dublin about 3 days each fortnight... so if you ever want to meet up... to tell me all about Philadelphia and New York...
There's not a scrap of envy here!
Love to you and Frances and Frank. Have a great time!!

Ciarán
jorcx

Post by jorcx »

Dear friends, here are a few videos from the Tribute-Concert in Barcelona on the night of the 20th September:

1- FIRST WE TAKE MANHATTAN (cut) / BIRD ON THE WIRE / EVERYBODY KNOWS (cut)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBlCnNf9z0M

2- AIN'T NO CURE FOR LOVE / MEMORIES (cut) / I'M YOUR MAN (cut)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUFfJvX3Ak

3- A THOUSAND KISSES DEEP (recitation+song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ayUbCOtYM

4- ALEXANDRA LEAVING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IusCXKytutM

5- FAMOUS BLUE RAINCOAT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vj_vQosMAw

6- SO LONG MARIANNE / ONE OF US CANNOT BE WRONG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=221QBlRw50w

For all the Cohenites who attended, I hope you enjoy hearing me singing again (with a little help from everybody there) and for those who were not there, here you can see a little bit how it went if have the curiousity... Best regards and good journey to San Jose and Las Vegas all the travelers,
Jordi
Barcelona 15th May '93 | Dublin 13th June '08 | Lucca 27th July '08 | London 17th November '08 | Cap Roig 15th August '09 | Barcelona 21st September '09 | Barcelona 3rd October '12
Chema

Post by Chema »

Wonderful memories of unforgettable 2 days!! Great concert :D :D :D . Thank you very much!
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Marisha, you seem to have a pregnant pause....... :?:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

Byron, are you really sure there is no chocolate on any other planet? If there isn't, why did we go to all that trouble to built space rockets!

I mean a cheesy moon is okay, but it gives you nightmares if you have it at night (the cheese that is).

Marisha's post is very spacious.

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Evie B, of course the Earth is the only planet with chocolate. Aliens would have destroyed the planet and all life on it if it wasn't for the chocolate trees. Why do you think that UFOs have been constant visitors to our shores, (beaches, farmyards, hazel groves, meadows, church yards, psychiatric wards fields, parks, country roads and Elvis's back yard???) Mankind is the only species in our Galaxy (Hint, hint ;-) ) which has mastered the skills necessary to be Chocolatiers.
Every other species is inept at creating the chocolate-heaven we take for granted. I myself took part in a Cross-Galaxial-Planetery Forum, only 278 years ago, where we discussed the future of chocolate growth in relation to fiscal requirements in an interdepental economic market for the next millenia. Unfortunately, my suggestion to produce chocolate flavoured toothpaste was vetoed by the representative from Cistitis-Minor. Mind you, they had a good argument in their favour in that toothpaste hadn't yet been invented.
The current recession means that we will take some time to climb out of the hole which our politicians and bonus-slurping bankers have dropped us into. Economists predict that there will be some recovery next year, but, there is no coincidence in the fact that the cocoa harvest this year has been truly awful. Specially modified UFOs have been 'seeding' cocoa fields with growth inhibiting chemicals in order to slow down the rapacious appetite for chocolate that all females on this planet are born with. By creating a false market force, our 'visitors' hope to achieve some semblance of control over this planet's production and consumption of chocolate, thereby allowing them the opportunity to be able to bargain for raw cocoa beans in a way which is more advantageous to them. We all know already that Tony Bliar and GW Thrush are part-alien and have been negotiating for years with the 'visitors' to gain a foot-hold in inter-galactic politics. I mean you only have to look at them and ask yourself the old question, "Is the Pope a right-handed, Gemini with strong leanings to the upper force."
Erm sorry.......there's a knock at the door and flashing blue lights outside. I think they've come to take me to the Humorous Agricultural Establishment again..............................{exits stage left, pursued by a bear}
Last edited by Byron on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

I am worried Byron (yes, I am). Do you think Kraft is actually a cover for SPACEKRAFT :shock: If they get their cheesy little paws on Cadbury where in heaven (or earth) will we be? They will be dying cheese brown and calling it chocolate, while all the time they will be rocketing all the chocolate into space to their own Krafty little children on MARS, aghhh! There will be no more flakes (though plenty of flakies like your good self - no offence intended), no more buttons (except for Jenson) and no more smarties ('cept for Geoffrey).

What will us females have when we are miserable? We want chocolate oranges not bl**dy clementines. I am feeling so depressed. Have you got a stash of Matron's little sweeties, could you spare a couple?

The other thing that is worrying me is what has all this got to do with the Barcelona Celebration?

Evie B
Byron

Post by Byron »

Evie B asked...
"The other thing that is worrying me is what has all this got to do with the Barcelona Celebration?"

Do you really believe that this is a concert hall????? The words 'Flying Saucer' come rushing to mind.......
Attachments
P9210067-1.JPG
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

It's true then, they are among us. I am going to start stockpiling, it's the only answer.
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Of course they are!! Or what do you think whose hand this is in the picture?! (And, no, no photoshopping or anything...)
Attachments
Hand.jpg
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

They tried to take Leonard as well as all our chocolate!! Where are Mulder and Scully when we need them...

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”