Ljubljana - unconfirmed rumours for Sept 1, 2009

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Suzana123

Ljubljana - unconfirmed rumours for Sept 1, 2009

Post by Suzana123 »

Hi,
There are some rumours of Leoanrd helding a concert in Ljubljana on September 1st.
They even said the tickets will be on sale from May 20th, which is in 2 days.
I'm a bit sceptical because we've heard news like that before his Fall Tour. I also know that if you cannot see it on the scedule on this website, then it's most likely not going to happen.

Can anyone confirm this news?

I've seen him In Munich, but the more the better.
dreja

Re: Ljubljana

Post by dreja »

I will believe that LC will come to Ljubljana when I see the news in this forum. Remember that they talked about LC concert in Ljubljana in 2008 as well. I don't really trust "the organisers" that put the news in media before 100% confirmation...
I saw LC in Nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fApKAVRu ... annel_page -it was a concert of my lifetime...
tomsakic

Re: Ljubljana - rumours for Sept 1, 2009

Post by tomsakic »

http://www.dnevnik.si/novice/kultura/1042266788
Leonard Cohen v Ljubljani?

Pop/Kultura - petek, 15.05.2009 Tekst: dn

Ljubljana - Iz zanesljivih virov smo dobili potrdilo, da bo sloviti kantavtor Leonard Cohen, pevec z globokim šarmantnim glasom, ki je glasbeno kariero začel šele po svojem 30. letu starosti - prej se je uveljavil kot pesnik - nastopil v ljubljanski Hali Tivoli.
Štiriinsedemdesetletni Kanadčan bo imel po napovedih v slovenski prestolnici koncert v okviru turneje World Tour '09 1 septembra. Vstopnice bodo v prodaji od 20. maja, cene pa bodo objavljene naknadno.
They say Hala Tivoli, September 1st, tickets on sale from May 20 - that's today :roll:

Can the tour convoy make it in a day from Budapest (August 31) to Ljubljana, and the again in one day to Belgrade (September 2)? Sounds like real adventure to me... Maybe somebody crazy could do it with a racing car, but I highly doubt the convoy of trucks and buses can do it.

If the show in Budapest finishes at 00:30, and they start at 1am (can they pack the stage and equipment in half an hour?), they can reach Zagreb in morning, and Ljubljana until 2 or 3pm on the same day.

If Ljubljana finishes at midnight, the can reach Zagreb in 4 hours and be in Belgrade late afternoon, 4 or 5 pm.

Of course, I am telling this for car drive, and without any stops. Don't know for the trucks, though.
tomsakic

Re: Ljubljana - unconfirmed rumours for Sept 1, 2009

Post by tomsakic »

Found this, written yesterday on Slovenian tickets website: http://www.vstopnice.com/forum/index.php?topic=3205.0
dobil sem telefonski klic organizatorja, ki mi je potrdil koncert, ter prosil za objavo novice .. dan kasneje pa je prosil naj jo (zaenkrat) umaknem ..
It says: "I put that info because I got a phone call from the organiser, who asked me to publish the news... Day later he called and asked to remove it... Image"
Halfabee

Post by Halfabee »

Vstopnice.com have a history of posting premature and unconfirmed announcements, the same thing happened last year :neutral: I wish they'd wait for official confirmation before raising false hopes :(
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Tom Sakic wrote:Found this, written yesterday on Slovenian tickets website: http://www.vstopnice.com/forum/index.php?topic=3205.0
dobil sem telefonski klic organizatorja, ki mi je potrdil koncert, ter prosil za objavo novice .. dan kasneje pa je prosil naj jo (zaenkrat) umaknem ..
It says: "I put that info because I got a phone call from the organiser, who asked me to publish the news... Day later he called and asked to remove it... Image"

Off topic I know but excellent smilie Tom!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
david.

Post by david. »

maybe it can happen after bucharest, on the way back to play in spain again? hala tivoli is such a shit venue though, i hope it's not there if it happens.

are there many dates left to be announced anyway or is this going to be pretty much it? any hints you can give us, jarkko? ;)

i ask because there are still very persistent rumours of two more spanish cities in mid-september: zaragoza (after bilbao, possibly the 19th) and sevilla (after granada, possibly the 15th) both cities seem highly plausible itinerary-wise and fit with the current gaps so i guess it's all down to negotiations being succesful, unless leonard plans to use those gaps to rest from such a hectic tour schedule of course
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It seems this itinerary is almost finished version, but some shows are still possible for those free days (Ljubljana, and obviously the Spanish cities you mention) - between Bucharest Sept 4 and Spain Sept 11 much can happen... it seems that LC doesn't needs so long break (so he allowed Venice show to happen after all).
Halfabee

Post by Halfabee »

Still not believing any announcements until I see the date confirmed on this website, but the guy from vstopnice.com just posted on their Facebook account that the LC show in Ljubljana is happening but that his management requested he takes down the announcement until the contract (that is now on its way to SLO) is signed. :?:
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Halfabee wrote:Still not believing any announcements until I see the date confirmed on this website, but the guy from vstopnice.com just posted on their Facebook account that the LC show in Ljubljana is happening but that his management requested he takes down the announcement until the contract (that is now on its way to SLO) is signed. :?:
Curiouser and curiouser - any hints at the possible date as 1 September really is not feasible - as Tom's email rightly points out!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”