What a wonderful Event - Thanks to Sebastian & team

The Krakow Event - before and after
jarkko
Site Admin

What a wonderful Event - Thanks to Sebastian & team

Post by jarkko »

Thousand of thanks to Sebastian Korta and his organizing team for a most memorable Event in Krakow! Everything hit the mark - the venues were perfect for the Event (can't imagine anything better than the last Gala concert at the wonderful Synagogue/Temple). The program was full of great performers, and we were privileged to be the first to see both "Songs From the Road" and "Bird on a Wire". It was also a pleasure to meet so many Forum members and spend time with them. Eija and I enjoyed every moment!

We will post an Event report soon, meanwhile check the photo galleries made by participants, several are already linked in these messages. Sebastian's team has also started to upload photos - go to http://picasaweb.google.pl/michalkorta/ ... Krakow2010#

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing all of you again along the road!

Eija & Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mirka

Re: What a wonderful Event - Thanks to Sebastian & team

Post by mirka »

A big THANK YOU from me as well !

This was my first event, it was perfect, hope to attend many more, hopefully one in Krakow again.

Greetings to all Forum members,

Sincerely,
mirka
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Henning

Post by Henning »

I want to join the praises here and applaud to the Krakau team for assembling a memorable event. All artists delivered music of ambitious quality and it culminated in my personal highlight: The four voices choir singing "Suzanne".

Thank you, folks.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

I add my thanks too. For me the most memorable performance was that of Veronica, a lady I predict has an international career ahead of her.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

My net is broken at home , so just a quick THANK YOU to the Polish team for an amazing Event

Will write more when I have the comfort of my home internet

Thanks again.... was my first event and hopefully not my last

much love

Tinderella
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

..a big thank you to sebastian and the rest of his team for all your hard work....you all did a great job.....we all had a wonderful time in a wonderful city....

...thanks also to both tyskie and zywiec for their contribution to the weekend...

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

liverpoolken wrote:...thanks also to both tyskie and zywiec for their contribution to the weekend...
Yeah: I knew it was time to leave Poland when I realised I had finally learnt to pronounce Zywiec correctly!
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Hey Sebastian, it was indeed a great event! 8)

After all your misgivings when we discussed it 3 years ago, it's clear now that you had nothing too much to worry about! ;-)

However, you still deserve the highest praise for your hard work and for delivering a memorable event! :D

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Padma

Post by Padma »

Thank you, thank you, thank you - you did a fantastic job!
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Dear Sebastian & team,

Anne & I are settling back into life here in Madison and are basking in the wonderful memories of a great event, in a great city, in a great country. Thank you so much for all of your hard work which resulted in such a wonderful time for so many people.

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Judy

Post by Judy »

Thank you all so much ... it was a wonderful weekend.

THANK YOU!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thank you so much all of the team.. Kracow is the most beautiful city and without everything that you organised for us we would not have had such a wonderful time. You all played a blinder.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Janie

Post by Janie »

I too would like to add my thanks to all those who organised this wonderful event in the fascinating city of Krakow. Thanks also to the photographers who recorded so much to help keep the memories alive.

I'm already looking forward to the 2012 event in Madisson.

Jane
margaret

Post by margaret »

Thanks to all the team for a wonderful event. It was my second visit to Krakow, and I hope to return again very soon. There are so many places I never had time to explore. A beautiful city and country.

Margaret
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Louise asked me to post this on the forum.
For the forum from Louise W E :
We had a great time in Krakow, meeting with friends and seeing the country, and had it not been for the Leonard Event we might never have been to Poland. We have a lot to thank Leonard for as we had an absolutely fabulous time.
I wonder if anyone else has a L C bear, there are 1199 after all. Amongst all the other goodies we received, what a fantastic extra souvenir eh?
Does Leonard have one himself? I hope so.
The inscription by the artist is beautiful and reflects my own sentiments. For those of you who don't know it the tag on the bear, apart from the lyrics of 'If It Be Your Will', has the following dedication:

'My Lovely Leonard C'

Thank you for your music that flows with me during moments of reflection, delightness,elation and sadness.
Thank you for the words that open my heart to people, birds, stones and trees.
Thank you for the years of your unusual presence that makes my life more beautiful, sensitive and more complete.

Happy Birthday Mr. Cohen

with love, Barbara Bukowski'

Say no more, I totally agree.
'Thank you' to the organisers for the Krakow Event.
with love
Louise X
Poland 1 054.jpg
021.jpg
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”