don't forget to pack your umbrella

The Krakow Event - before and after
liverpoolken

don't forget to pack your umbrella

Post by liverpoolken »

weather forecast for our weekend is looking pretty wet so don't forget to pack your umbrella..see bbc weather chart below...

maybe on the open mic session we could have that little song from shakespeare's twelfth night....

when that I was and a little tiny boy
with hey ho the wind and the rain
a foolish thing was but a toy
for the rain it raineth every day

wea.jpg
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Henning

Re: don't forget to pack your umbrella

Post by Henning »

This is for those who tend to trust the German forecast more:
Attachments
weather.jpg
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Ken,

You won't need an umbrella, you'll have your fetching Dylan bag........

Tony.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

tony

....i'm not worried about getting me head wet...it's me feet i'm worried about....years ago me auld ma use put the fear of god into us kids by telling us that despite all the battles that the duke wellington fought and survived it was getting his feet wet while standing around at some ceremony or other that finished him off....because of his wet feet the old guy caught a cold which turned into pneumonia which then finally finished him off........ so you being a bit of a history scholar should know all about the dangers of getting yer feet wet.....unless of course me ma was making the whole thing up just to make us kids put our wellies on:)........ta ken

btw tony the bbc radio arts progamme front row with our old friend mark lawson had a special edition dedicated to the harrogate festive.....all the usual suspects karin slaughter, jeffery deaver, reg hill, christoper fowler etc. all have a say..very interesting..sorry i didn't make it...maybe next year...not too sure if the bbc iplayer works over there on the mainland but if it does here is the link....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 2_08_2010/
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Ken,
Anne & I seem to have lost our charm as far as bringing good weather. It has rained a good portion of our trip so far-nothing too devasting except outside the Hopburg Palace in Vienna where we were forced to take cover with a large Turkish tour group.

It was blazing hot in Krakow when we arrived yesterday and that quickly turned to cold and rain last night. I'll take Henning's German forecast.

By the way, we have already had our serendipity moment today by meeting Delores on the streets of Kazimierz. She had just arrived after a 15 hour bus ride from Germany and we had a little lunch before she turned into her hostal to have a bit of a rest. We are meeting her tonight at 7 PM for some dinner (and hopefully we'll run into Margaret, Linda, Arlene and others as well). Safe journey to all of you arriving tomorrow. We'll see you then.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Joe, I am disappointed. I expect a better service from you. Please sort the weather for my arrival tomorrow. I trust that is clear.

michael
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Ken
With hindsight all that doom and gloom was somewhat of a red herring for as all those who attended know the weather was glorious all weekend apart from the odd thunderstorm . Never trust the BBC weather forecast . Remember Micheal Fish ...." There is not going to be a storm " . I just wish Kracow had a beach for us to sunbath on but that's being greedy me thinks
YL
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Yorkshire Lad wrote:Ken
I just wish Kracow had a beach for us to sunbath on but that's being greedy me thinks
YL
philip

....there was a beach in krakow......the city fathers imported 10000 tons of sand just for that purpose....if you had looked left while crossing the bridge on your way to the manggha museum you would have seen the beach on the same bank of the vistula as the museum.......unfortunately the river vistula isn't as clean as the river mersey so the swimming area consisted of a swimming pool built into an old barge which was moored adjacent to the beach.........

beach in the sun......
beach fine.jpg
beach not in the sun.....
beach wet.jpg
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

liverpoolken wrote:unfortunately the river vistula isn't as clean as the river mersey
Ken
You will be telling me next that the mersey has remarkable healing powers if you bath in it !
yl
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Yorkshire Lad wrote:
Ken
You will be telling me next that the mersey has remarkable healing powers if you bath in it !
yl
philip

...you know damn well that the city of liverpool has everything that a man (or a woman) could possibly wish for.....

as for the old healing malarkey.......we have a young hippy type fella who lives out in the suburbs who every thursday and sunday morning travels into town and steps into the river mersey (see below) and guarantees to cure anybody of anything for the price of a couple of pints of beer.....he might even be able to cure you of your unhealthy leonard cohen infatuation.......if you want i will take you to see him when up are up here next month......ta ken
jesus.jpg

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”