Postcard Service for those not attending Krakow

The Krakow Event - before and after
Violet

Re: Postcard Service for those not attending Krakow

Post by Violet »

Sideways wrote:whoa! scary photo of mickey_one, he looks bad and dangerous (and 4 days short of 57 years old.)

.. I think you should stick to pleats and collars.. 'tis a very nice photo, methinks.. 'course, m. can't help it if it's been blown up and defiled with cheap birthday sloganism.. bridger.. (hi, by the way, I'm Violet).. you might consider that this is supposed to be a birthday gift, and not a tar and feathering.. :neutral: [bridger: I've reluctantly added this, I don't usually use smilers, but this one's a little glum.. so.. I don't mind him as much]..

.. (oh, a belated happy birthday, Michael)..

v. x
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. gee.. I’ve been feeling today that, although all in fun, maybe this last post of mine is sounding a bit too harsh –- not in terms of Sideways, of course, who needs to constantly be kept in line.. but, I mean, I didn’t even realize that bridger was Arlene, and from what I’ve read of Arlene, she’s this truly lovely being.. so.. hmm.. sorry, Arlene, if I sounded a bit too critical.. as I said, it was actually all in good fun.. and I’m sure you meant well.. and that it’s just my own photo-T-shirt hang-ups getting the best of me, yet again.. .. (I shall stop now, as I can only dig myself in deeper here)..

v. x

.. [Michael, I still sort of meant what I said though, just don’t tell Arlene that]..
Violet
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Dear Violet.
Not to worry. I took it all as good fun and I am sure so did mickey_one.

I found m'lord to be sharp witted with a keen intellect. Although we did not exchange many words other than, May I take your picture, Yes, but be quick about it, Justyna awaits, I enjoyed listening to his clever patter.

He is very funny. :D

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. gosh, and given the posts of his I've encountered, I would have thought him to be, uh, a bit slow, dull.. and listless.. (who knew??)..

v. x
Violet
dick

Post by dick »

Just a quick interruption to let you all know that Esther, the Cohen one, got her Krakow card this week and was thrilled. We saw Brief Encounter with her on Broadway, Studio 54 actually, today, and then had a nice pub dinner after. She asked that I post thanks to all involved.....

I'm pretty sure that includes the birthday boy/instigator. Congrats and many thanks again Mickey!

And yes, Violet, at times he can be a tad slow. But other times, lightning fast, Go figure. :D
Violet

Post by Violet »

Hi Dick.. did you say Brief Encounter??.. I don't know the play, but I love -- adore the movie.. with Celia Johnson, adapted from the Noel Coward play -- and that's Leonard's sister, correct??.. sounds like a nice.. well, brief encounter-- not that I'm implying.. (oh, never mind)..

.. as to this "lightning fast" addition.. several responses came to mind, all of which I'm rejecting mostly because I'm toying with adopting "slow, dull, and listless" as my new on-line persona here.. (I'm taking some tips from Michael, in other words).. (when he's not being lightning fast, I mean)..

.. okay, so.. 'til our next brief, dull encounter.. (strictly on my end, of course -- the dull part, I mean)..

v i o l e t

edit.. funny, I kept writing "lighting fast".. omitting an 'n' in there.. I'm obviously resisting something here.. [see last parenthetical below]..
Last edited by Violet on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet
dick

Post by dick »

Yes, that is the same Brief Encounter, and yes about Leonard's sister. You show NYC as location, so I'd suggest having a look at the review of the play in the Times and consider giving it a try. Very imaginative staging with movie in mind. Romantics love it.

My ligtning fast comment was for intellect, but think Michael might appreciate the double meaning....
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. as to the play, I looked it up.. I'd really like to see it.. and now with your recommendation, perhaps I shall..

.. no further comment as to "lightning fast".. of course, being a bit slow at first is sometimes.. (what's that line?.. "stop me, before I kill again")..

v. x
Violet

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”