Marian Kolodziej artist - Auschwitz images

The Krakow Event - before and after
Suemerlyn

Marian Kolodziej artist - Auschwitz images

Post by Suemerlyn »

A Polish friend of mine living in England has told me there is an exhibiton of this artist's powerful and remarkable work just 3 km from Auschwitz. He sent me a link to the website

http://www.harmeze.franciszkanie.pl/kli ... x.php?zm=2

which features some of the extraordinary (and disturbing) pictures. He suggested that as those of us who are visiting Auschwitz on Monday 9th August will be so close to the exhibition, would we be interested in also visiting the exhibition, if time permits? That of course would have to be organised by the people running the trip. Apparently, you need to arrange a visit in advance by emailing harmeze@franciszkanie.pl or phoning (033) 843-07-11.

Over to you!

Sue M
lizzytysh

Re: Marian Kolodziej artist - Auschwitz images

Post by lizzytysh »

I know that I and my roommates [Paula and two sisters] would be.
Also, if not the group, can individuals email ahead, too? Did it say how far in advance?
[I'll read it tonight, but gotta get ready for work now.]

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Thanks for the response, Lizzytish.

My thinking is that perhaps we shoud leave this idea until we are all gathered in Krakow, and then see how many would be interested and whether it's possible to arrange it for those who are.

See you there! I will be leaving England very soon so will only check in from time to time before Krakow.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Enjoy your earlier time traveling, Sue. I leave on Tuesday at Noon and arrive in Cracow on Wednesday around Noon.
Yep, that's how it looks... we can just wait and see what interest there is.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jaschmidt20

Post by jaschmidt20 »

I recently finished a short documentary on Marian Kołodziej's Labyrinth. It's not avaiable yet, but if you wish to see more of his work you can visit our website. http://thelabyrinthdocumentary.com/
I highly recommend going there, if you have a chance. It's a very powerful experience.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”