ticket availlable to Poland Event

The Krakow Event - before and after
bene449

ticket availlable to Poland Event

Post by bene449 »

As you know only the first 200 registrants get the free Leonard Cohen art book. I have 2 tickets for the event, and am among the first 200 registered. Unfortunately, my wife is no longer able to accompany me to this event. If someone wishes to buy her place, at face value, please email me on benedict449@btinternet.com

Vince
mylitta

Re: ticket availlable to Poland Event

Post by mylitta »

I also have a ticket available- one of the first 200.Unfortunately because of a fractured ankle I am unable to travel. Please pm if you would like it.
Last edited by mylitta on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bene449

Post by bene449 »

sorry, i have now sold the ticket.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

I have ONE extra ticket for sale to the Event, and I am among the first 200 registered when I paid for two entries.

The first 200 registrants receive a free Leonard Cohen Art book.

If you are interested in purchasing this ticket, at face value, please send me a PM.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Dear all

It is a pity that, for some of us, the hope of meeting in Krakow has vanished. I am among those who will not be able to attend the event, the cause being my mother's health which has taken a turn for worse in the last few months. This is actually the reason why I kept reading everybody's posts, but could not add my thoughts here.
I kept hoping that things would work out, but now she is staying in bed all the time (she has Alzheimer's at an advanced stage) and, although (surprisingly) her logic is relatively good and she recognizes everyone she needs full attendance all the time. I have tried to find a solution and I may succeed in placing her in a specialized private home, but this will not happen soon enough for me to come to Krakow this year.
For a whole year I have dreamt of meeting you all. It seems now that I shall have to wait for another year for this purpose.
Laura, my conational friend, will bring you my best wishes and lots of love and hopes of success for the event in Krakow. I shall read all your comments and imagine I am there with you.
Meanwhile I send all of you my love!

Carmen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, dear, Carmen. I am so sorry to hear all of this. First, that I will not be able to meet you as I had so MUCH looked forward to; and second that your mother has taken such a poor turn. Your priorities are, of course, in proper alignment; yet, I still feel badly and wish you all the best in caring for your mother. As you are clearly aware, we only have one mother and your remaining time with yours and your direct involvement in her care are precious and, in spite of all that you will miss with us, this is a decision you will never regret. I respect you for it.

Much love and caring to you, Carmen,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Dear Lizzy,

Thank you so much for the kind words and your support. I am fully aware that each second with her is precious, as long as she knows who I am (and she does) and even after. There's no comparing the two things - my love for mom and my love for Leonard's music - but I kinda thought I could enjoy both forever...
You will all be in my heart and I shall sing with you in the jazzy evenings between events. I still shall enjoy the surprise package prepared for us by Kaz and the rest of the organizers. I thought of asking Laura to ask as many of you as possible to sign the Cohen book for me - what do you think? Would it be a good idea?

Carmen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That would be a wonderful idea, Carmen. I would love to sign your book and can't imagine a soul who wouldn't. I'm also sure that Laura will be happy to do that for you.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Inne

Post by Inne »

deleted
Last edited by Inne on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Hello!

My husband and I we are so sorry, we can not come to the Event. On Monday afternoon , I have broken my ankle. I can not go for a few days. I have a med plaster. :? :cry:
We wisch you all a wounderful time in Krakow.

Marina
Susy

Post by Susy »

For Marina,
" by way of consolation "
get well soon :)
Attachments
!internet17.jpg
Susy
Wimmer