Boogie street

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
putitupmike

Boogie street

Post by putitupmike »

Hey Group! Wasn't 09 incredible! I saw Leonard in Oakland Ca, and will carry that memory forever. If Ronnie Vidstrand is reading this, my never ending thanks for introducing me to Leonard's music 40 years ago. I still love you dearly... Who sang the intro to Boogie Street?
B4real

Re: Boogie street

Post by B4real »

This is the link to the concert:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14461&hilit=oaklan ... 45#p166602

excerpt from it is below:

Mention must also be made of the astonishingly fine trio of backing vocalists. Sharon Robinson, one of the three, is not really a "backing vocalist" -- she is a major and formidable talent in her own right who co-wrote the songs on Cohen's strong 2001 release "Ten New Songs" and produced the album. Her soulful, expressive voice was highlighted on her own "Boogie Street." The other two vocalists, Charlie and Hattie Webb, lived up to Cohen's description of them as "the sublime Webb sisters." Their voices are not only astonishingly pure in tone and true in pitch, but they blend perfectly. On "I Tried to Leave You," they sang a beautiful, complex two-part harmony unlike any I've ever heard before. Best of all, these three muses gave Cohen the opportunity to wander over to them and whisper, "Sing it, angels." A Leonard Cohen concert in which he does not speak that line to the beautiful women who invariably seem to be on stage with him is a fraud.

Hope it brings back many happy memories to you :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”