CONCERT REPORT: Québec, May 21

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Darling

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Québec, May 21

Post by Darling »

Since I wasn't at the Montreal show, I don't feel too bad about not remembering it... 8)
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

That's a good reason, indeed. :D

I'll tell later if nobody does.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
alga

Post by alga »

I was one of 4000 people enjoying the Quebec show. I am still recovering from it. I was impressed by Leonard's genuine generosity to his fans and to his band. The appreciation he showed to the Webb sisters and to Sharon Robinson was very moving indeed.

Compared to the Montreal show in June 2008, all the band members seemed more relaxed and at the same time more intense and in full mastering of their contribution. The Webb sisters even did a spleedid pirouette when Leonard sang and changed) one of the last verses of The Future. He said "and the white girls dancing" and they did their gymnastics together. Leonard gave them a special tribute later describing their duties on vocals, guitars, harp and gymnastics. Anybody has a visual of that very unusual moment.?

Alga

Montreal, June 1993; Montreal, June 2008; Quebec City, May 2009
jglBB

Post by jglBB »

I have to say that I completly agree with you alga. Just viewed the "Live in London" DVD twice this week and Quebec City was much better. I know that London was maybe the 30th show of this Tour and Quebec the 130th but, God, what a difference. And we got the "Partisan" as a bonus... If ever he comes back next fall/winter/spring, I'll be there.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”