Palace Theater Waterbury, CT May 14, 2009

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mmeyer

Post by mmeyer »

I know this place I’ve walked this floor…and from my lips…Hallelujah!

The production of this concert was amazing…the vocals, the musicianship, the song selection, the lighting and the sound mixing were simply superior! What has lingered in my mind after the show last night was how every member of this staff were truly a piece of the concert. I have not seen such a dynamic, well organized and great sounding presentation!

On a personal note, there were times for me when the show reached levels of tender expressiveness, emotional highs and raw energy. There were also moments when both the music and vocal arrangements were simply beyond perfection. The performance the band, tasteful solos and masterful trade off’s between the Telecaster and Hammond Organ were highlights but I cannot discount the arrangement of “Tower of Song.” I also enjoyed the pedal steel through the Create Nashville it was a nice touch. The harmonica on “Democracy” was killer – sweet and soulful and the "Angels" as you are referred by Mr. Cohen to did "cure" me!

Thanks to all for a great show, great smiles and welcoming me the listener to enter into yet another door deeper into the great music of Leonard Cohen.
lizzytysh

Re: Palace Theater Waterbury, CT May 14, 2009

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for this review, MMeyer. Very well done 8) . I didn't see it until just now, as I thought all the Waterburys were together in the one thread. It really is superior, Leonard's and his band's presentation and this experience, isn't it. I agree and enjoyed reading your thoughts.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”