TM just released more Red Rocks tix!!! Go now!

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lizzytysh

Re: TM just released more Red Rocks tix!!! Go now!

Post by lizzytysh »

Calling All DIANA's... Calling All DIANA's... Calling All DIANA's... I'll check this in the AM, if I can... so please it you see it, answer it.

That's NOT the flight I'm talking about, Diana! Did you see my message!?! I'm talking about DETROIT!!! Well... never mind. I see you've gone to bed. I won't be able to get back to my email til tomorrow night... unless you answer this in the AM. Guess I'll have to wait til then.

RE: Denver... if it were to happen, I would HAVE to leave the next day. No choice. Homefront stuff. Seeing Leonard is the main thing. You guys and the band are next. It can all be done within a 24-hour period. The backdrop is worth the trip, of course.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Dang!!! I have been weaning myself from this addiction and see what happens - from now on, I will not deny my addiction!!

I have been checking for better Red Rocks tickets every day before getting on this forum. I check, see 2nd row seats, immediately PM Kelsey and Diana with the info, get on the forum and see that mine is old news :roll: !

Lizzy and Leslie - there has to be a way for you to get here! Imagine all the stories we would have to tell here! Dig deep, please!

Kelsey - YEAH! What seat did you get? Mine are now Row 2 Seats 32 & 33 :D :D :D . On Dino's and Javier's and Bob's side - double yeah! I had just checked right after purchasing mine and an additional 6 seats sold, farther away from the center.

This is going to be sooooo exciting!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

That's wonderful Mary! This is all coming together beautifully! :D :D :D :D :D
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

lizzytysh wrote:Calling All DIANA's... Calling All DIANA's... Calling All DIANA's... I'll check this in the AM, if I can... so please it you see it, answer it.

That's NOT the flight I'm talking about, Diana! Did you see my message!?! I'm talking about DETROIT!!!

~ Lizzy
Oh duh... :oops: Sorry Lizzy, guess I was just concentrating on Red Rocks! Of course the later time is okay for Detroit! In fact, I haven't made reservations at the restaurant yet (will today) so I'll make them for 530pm instead of 5pm. Jarkko posted that the doors to the Fox will open at 630pm and we are right next door. That way there is still time to drop anything off at your hotel, pick up Lisa and head downtown. Just tell the airline...no more time changes! ;-)

I know I'm on the wrong thread right now but wanted to answer your question that I didn't get asap.... :roll:

Just a little over a week now! :D
Diana
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:D :lol: :D Thank YOOuuuuuuuuuu :D :lol: :D !!! It was their "FINAL NOTIFICATION" [I have something like 146 emails Unread... not all from real people, of course :roll: ... but this addiction situation here has had me not even checking there! No idea what would've happened if I hadn't responded [pronto?] to that notification, but didn't want to chance it, either. Done now.

Yeah... someone... in the Detroit After the Show thread?... mentioned making reservations for us all. If someone doesn't do it first, I'm going to explain about the 18% add-on, and that with our schedules, we might want to just take different tables, anyway. So, sounds good, Diana. It oughtn't take too long to just drop off my stuff at the motel. It seems every Cohen-related trip I've ever been on has been a rush upon arrival, anyway... so I guess it's a tradition that just needs to be upheld, or I'll find myself at the wrong location for the wrong reason :shock: . Can't have that... so rushed, it is.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Well, not only am I addicted to the Forum...I'm addicted to Leonard's concerts! Not only do I HAVE to go to the concerts; now I HAVE to sit in a certain location! OMG. I just bought 2 more tickets to Red Rocks in Row 2 on the right side :roll: I already had 2 perfectly good seats in Row 4 on the left side :roll: But, oh no, those weren't good enough for me. No, I needed Row 2. As soon as Red Rocks is over I will committ myself to rehab.... And I must repeat over and over...DO NOT BUY A TICKET IN EUROPE...DO NOT BUY A TICKET IN EUROPE...DO NOT BUY A TICKET IN EUROPE.... Well, unless Venice is confirmed... ;-)

Can't remember my exact seats in Row 4 but will enter the info this evening when I get home. Meanwhile if any of you guys know of 2 people who might like seats in Row 4, let me know. I'm very trustworthy! :D

Feeling slightly sick to my stomach...
Diana
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Diana - I think you're as crazy as I am!!! In Seattle I had a front row ticket, but way on the far left, and I upgraded it for a front row center! But then, the game was over because that was as good as it could possibly get. Same thing with Red Rocks, but this time I got lucky with my first ticket - whew! :shock: If I remember correctly, it looked like the available tickets yesterday were to my immediate right. Mary will be right next to me, and I bet you're just on the other side of her. Fun, fun, fun! :D :D :D For the first show, I didn't have a side preference. As wonderful as the Webb sisters and Sharon are, I absolutely loved watching Javier play! It will be great to be on that side.

And thank you so much for your willingness to look out for me! My fabulous hubby was reading the forum last night and I think he feels better knowing there will be such a nice group of people around me. As far as pick up and hotel, I think I'll take care of that - I'm pretty independent! I'll get in around 9:30am on the 2nd and if Red Rocks isn't already closed for sound checks, I thought I might drive out for a picnic - it looks like such a beautiful location. Then probably back to the hotel for a nap, a bit of primping and then... Are there any definite pre-show plans yet? As far as the hotel...has anyone read the reviews on Tripadvisor? http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... orado.html If anyone's been there personally, I'm happy to go with that, but the reviews made me think twice! But, wherever you guys are, I'll be there!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Kelsey,

This is too funny! Yes, I think we are possibly all in a row! I've now got seats 29 and 30. I was spoiled at the Beacon and in Phoenix with seats on the right side! Perhaps...oh heck, it's no "perhaps"...it's because you've got Leonard, Javier and Dino all right in front of you :D

We just sort of went with the Holiday Inn West because several others were staying there, but I see what you mean about the reviews! Yikes. Usually I always check TripAdvisor or customer reviews on Expedia. Oh well, it will only be for one night. I won't say "how bad can it be?", because that always comes back to bite me ;-) Roman did suggest the Marriott as being the best hotel, but I think we possibly went with the Holiday Inn for the price.

The meet-up details should firm up in the next couple of weeks. Dave and I will already have been staying up in Estes Park for several days and we're driving down on the 2nd..probably arriving just after noon. This is going to be a beautiful evening! Wonderful people, the Colorado foothills, and Leonard :D

Take care,
Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Kelsey and Diana,

We're not going to be living at the Holiday Inn, just spending 1 night. In spite of the TripAdvisor reviews, I'm sure it will be just fine :roll:. And Diana, I'm sure it has a toilet, even if it is not listed in the amenities ;-) :lol: .

Excited regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

And Diana, I'm sure it has a toilet, even if it is not listed in the amenities ;-) :lol: .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I can manage a youth hostel in Lower Manhattan, NYC, I'm quite sure you'll be fine at a Holiday Inn in Denver, Colorado :lol: ~ right on, Mary... not taking up permanent residence there ;-) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

MaryB wrote:We're not going to be living at the Holiday Inn,
Good point Mary - I think I can survive one night there as well! Funny I've never minded funky accommodations while traveling overseas :shock: but I'm a bit spoiled in the good old US! I wonder what the difference is? I guess foreign bugs and germs are exotic and here, they're just plain gross! :lol:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I guess foreign bugs and germs are exotic and here, they're just plain gross! :lol:
:lol: True, Kelsey :lol: , even though I experienced an exception maaaaaaaaany years ago, in India, when we [my parents and I] turned on the bathroom sink faucet and watched the brown water come tumbling out... tumbling due to the minimum 10 different varieties and sizes of bugs, ranging from tiny to small and medium, up to palmetto bug size. Noooooo idea how long it'd been since that room had been accommodated... or if clearing the pipes was just an ongoing thing someone needed to do. And this was an arranged tour :lol: . Aside from qualifying as gross, it was equally fascinating. The bathtub faucet produced the same level of fare.

Do you suppose people traveling to here from other countries find our bugs exotic?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

OMG Lizzy,

What a GROSS story! Bugs in faucets....yech. India is now officially crossed off my list of places to visit.

Somehow I don't think we'll have that problem at the Holiday Inn :D

Diana
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh nononononono ~ don't cross off India, officially or otherwise! I LOVED India. Just another example where one night's accommodation [albeit begrudging on the faucets's part :lol: ] cannot or OUGHTN'T ruin a trip!! Like throwing the baby out with the bath water [too literal a phrase in this instance, I'm afraid :razz: ]... don't do it! GO to INDIA!! It has an aliveness that is amazing... [and the bugs were dead ;-) ].

This was also 1965. Their Office of Tourism has probably corrected such imperfections by now. Bugs were a 'thing' there on our trip. When we arrived in the middle of the night at the airport, there were literally Zillions of tiny, gnatlike creatures flying into our eyes, ears, nose, and mouth [if you left it open too long]. We rode by cab from Old Delhi to New Delhi and riding through neighbourhoods with open parks, saw populations of homeless people conducting their lives as though it were midday... except for a few asleep on the cracked sidewalks and on short, crooked stoops.

You'll never see the Taj Mahal if you cross off India :( . Not to mention all the other things that make India unique unto itself :cry: .

Now, Diana ~ Please go to your PMs, as I've written you one for a Confab on Red Rocks and it's time sensitive.

Thank you, dear :) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Chicano

Post by Chicano »

Folks

You inspired me last night! Went to San Diego, one of the LA, and all three Oakland shows. And, that was not enough. So, going to Red Rocks. I was able to get my Dad, who I took to the LA for his birthday, to go with me to Denver. It's gonna be so cool, never been to this famous venue and very excited. One of my first LP's was the U2 Live at Red Rocks.

Row 2, Seats 25 and 26, that's where you'll find us. Counting the days.
4/7 San Diego; 4/10 Los Angeles; 4/13, 4/14, 41/15 Oakland; 6/4 Red Rocks

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”