CONCERT REPORT: Los Angeles, April 10 and 11

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MKB

CONCERT REPORT: Los Angeles, April 10 and 11

Post by MKB »

Jim and I are at the venue no band members yet. Venue manager seemed clueless about pre-sale or meet and greet. Quite a crowd already, any members around? Me long hair tan corduroy black pants brown boots
MKB

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Los Angeles, April 10 & 11

Post by MKB »

Front row balcony aisle wow thanks Slim Jim!
The Future just finished Dance Me wow
MKB

Post by MKB »

Secret Life just slayed me again total waterworks just like SD
MKB

Post by MKB »

Song 9 Waiting For The Miracle first diversion from the SD list hope he still sings Ain't No Way To Say Goodbye
MKB

Post by MKB »

Standing ovation after Hallelujah so far the audience is sticking to "the script" too
I am so glad to be able to compare shows, may try to visit family in time for Pittsburgh yay!
Much larger venue. Less intimate but tons of beautiful amazing polite happy LC people. Old hippies reliving their sordid past, like me!
He just finished A Thousand Kisses Deep too intense!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

MKB-

This is incredible! We have never had a play by play live review before! Need to go to sleep, but you've got me hooked! I love it!

Keep enjoying and reporting,
Thank you!
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
MKB

Post by MKB »

I will sleep when I am dead!
Just went from balcony to 10th row left those Webb girls are HOT!
Encores same so far as SD we are on Democracy now.
I've been shooting stills and video on my slick little Nikon so I will share asap.
Guy in front of left what are these people on?
MKB

Post by MKB »

Wow done encores just like SD wait until you see the video of Whither Thou Goest intense
joe1138

Post by joe1138 »

This really has me primed for tomorrow night's show., it'll be my first LC concert!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I am a bit bemused by this blow by blow report of the concert. I am wondering how you can fully enjoy the concert, savour every moment and drink in the atmosphere if you're busy texting or e-mailing whatever throughout it? Would be interested to know what other people think.

Wendy
MEB

Post by MEB »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I am a bit bemused by this blow by blow report of the concert. I am wondering how you can fully enjoy the concert, savour every moment and drink in the atmosphere if you're busy texting or e-mailing whatever throughout it? Would be interested to know what other people think.

Wendy
Must admit I find it a little odd too and I know if I was sitting beside someone texting, email etc. during the show I would find it a little irritating.
Toronto June 6th 2008, Vienna Sept. 24 & 25 2008, NYC May 16th & 17th 2009, Dublin July 23rd 2009, Belfast July 26th 2009...
jomo297

Post by jomo297 »

Had a great time tonight at my first Leonard Cohen show. Absolutely amazing. Get there early. The Will Call line is not quick...Also, if anyone going to night 2 could pick me up a poster, I would be much appreciated. And yes, I will of course reimburse you. I got one, but the event poster was sold out. The lady said there would be more tomorrow night. I purchased the $20 one for the whole tour, but would really like the $25 Los Angeles event poster. If anyone can grab one for me it would be great.

My email address is jhollandmoore@aol.com. Thanks and have fun tomorrow night.

By the way, in the crowd I spotted Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers.
j6ppc

Post by j6ppc »

The evening was amazing.

Simply awed by the experience.
Bests

Jon
MichaelLawlor

Post by MichaelLawlor »

What a great concert. I spoke to one of the lighting technicians before the show and he said that Leonard is
great to work with. The guy said Leonard meets all the new people as they join the crew during the tour. As Leonard
was thanking everyone at the end of the show tonight he mentioned that the technicians are "all fine musicians in themselves."
He even acknowledged people in the audience who may not have family or friends by saying, "may the blessings find you in your
solitude."

I thought Javier Mas was awesome tonight. He and Leonard have a great relationship on stage. The video quality was excellent
on the big screens at the Nokia and I found it really interesting to watch Leonard & Javier interact. At the end of the show I
spoke to one of the videographers and he said there has been talk of making a DVD of the US tour in addition to the Live in London
DVD.

At the end of Tower of Song in San Diego Leonard declared that his recovery was "complete." In LA he said "it is done." Looking forward to
what he might say tomorrow night.

I notice folks texting during the concert. My sense is that some probably just want to report a first draft of history to friends and like minded people.
I can see how texting during a concert could be irritating.
M
Last edited by MichaelLawlor on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

MEB wrote:
Mabeanie1 wrote:I am a bit bemused by this blow by blow report of the concert. I am wondering how you can fully enjoy the concert, savour every moment and drink in the atmosphere if you're busy texting or e-mailing whatever throughout it? Would be interested to know what other people think.

Wendy
Must admit I find it a little odd too and I know if I was sitting beside someone texting, email etc. during the show I would find it a little irritating.
I don't think it's so odd...it sounds like he is going to multiple shows and therefore feels he can take time out of one of them to share in this way with the forum. I don't see anything wrong with that- my hat's off to him actually because I'm way too selfish to take my eyes of the stage, and truthfully, I am so hyped up (downright shaky) during an LC concert I don't think I would be able to write or photograph, video, or place a monkey up onstage, etc. So I admire the calmness of someone who does these things. I, for one, appreciate it, as I am hungry for any and all concert reports, videos, pics even though I have been to one show (last summer) and am going to another next week
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”