Seattle - meetup anyone?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
KaimiK

Seattle - meetup anyone?

Post by KaimiK »

Time marches on and we're just two weeks away. Who from the forum will be there?

Anyone interested in introductions here - so we can be brave and meet eachother at the early entry, if not at a meet-up before? :?:

Title edit * - thanks for the suggestion Mary!
Last edited by KaimiK on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
MaryB

Re: Seattle - two weeks and counting!

Post by MaryB »

Kelsey,

Good for you! Do a meetup - it will enhance the whole experience for you and all others involved!

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Mary,

As always you are so wonderfully supportive, thank you! Wish you could make it to Seattle.

I'm not sure where the Seattle fans are hiding these days. Maybe out enjoying some of the first days of sunshine we've seen in a while! :D Hope I'm not the only one who goes early, I'll feel a little silly standing there all by myself! :roll:

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Kelsey,

There have to be people on this forum going to the Seattle show. Maybe if you titled your thread 'Seattle Meetup' it might catch their eye, or better yet, if you go back the some of the original Seattle threads and ask there about having a meetup. Try page 3 about 3/4 of the way down. A bunch of you were talking about a meetup. Post your request there and it will resurrect that topic and put it close to the top of page 1. Out of such a large venue somebody's got to be interested :shock: ! I know that if I was going to the Seattle concert, I'd do a meet up with you and any others in a heartbeat! Hope it happens for all you and all the other fans going to the Seattle show!!!!

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
cartesian

Post by cartesian »

Hey all, I love the idea of meetup before the Seattle gig. I was planning on getting there early as well and it would be great to meet some like minded fans. Looking forward to the next two weeks of anticipation!

Chip
KaimiK

Re: Seattle - meetup anyone?

Post by KaimiK »

Maybe the new post title will pull us out of hiding! Thank you Mary for the suggestion.

Not that I advocate supporting their greed, BUT though the TM site for Seattle appears officially sold out, there are a handful of front row tickets still available on scalper websites - at right about face value. It would be wonderful to see them go to true LC fans!

Hope to see you there!
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

OMG Kelsey, don't tempt me! That's how I ended up in Phoenix :lol: . It's hard for me to keep my credit card in my wallet! Front row seats....aahhh. But no, I must be strong! Anyhow, wish I were there and would have loved to have a meet-up with you! I think you'll find several fans interested, especially since the doors will open early for will-call tickets and almost all of those are Forum people. Merchandise table and refreshments will also be open so that might actually be a good meet-up spot pre-concert!

All the best,
Diana
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

So, for the few us us (cartesian, zenon5 and me so far!) who will be there, what's the best way to find one another? Suggestions? I haven't a clue how many other people will be there early.
shauna

Post by shauna »

I'll be there early...any idea when will call opens?
Shauna
Shauna in Seattle
shauna

Post by shauna »

Seattle April 23: 6 pm I'll be there
Shauna in Seattle
Casey

Post by Casey »

I would certainly be interested in a meetup. We'll have to wait for a Seattle person to recommend a close-by place. The venue itself is not that great a place to hang out pre-show in my opinion. It is sort of like a giant cavern, and for those who drink, drinks run about $10 each.
Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Casey
Detour

Post by Detour »

We would certainly be interested in a meet up either before or after the show. My husband and I always have an early dinner at The Pike before shows in Seattle. They make our favorite beer there and it's a great pub. We plan to do the usual before the show this time as well, but if others want to meet there we would welcome all - or we would be glad to meet with others after the show somewhere else. Or at the show.

http://www.pikebrewing.com/
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Since I don't want to spend too many hours away from my hubby and little one, I think meeting at 6:00 at the venue will be as early as I can make it. That still makes for quite a long evening - I think I'll need a nap just before! I guess we can assume that others entering the venue early may very well be forum members, shall we can just be brave and introduce ourselves? Like my grandmother told my mom just after they moved to a new home (and country!) "Sit out in the driveway dear, and when nice looking children walk by, just invite them over for milk and cookies." :lol: I don't know a thing about the venue, so can't suggest anything more specific. Hope to see you all there!
shauna

Post by shauna »

Leonard Cohen had gone some 15 years without performing in the Bay Area. Then, on Monday night at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, the master songwriter basically wouldn't leave the stage.
During his first gig in this three-night stand, set to conclude on Wednesday, the 74-year-old Canadian delivered a Herculean performance that stretched well over three hours, including four multi-song encores that combined to last more than an hour.
He might have come back for a fifth, long after the crowd had left and the cleanup crew had swept the floor, given that Cohen acted throughout the night like there was nothing he'd rather do than perform. And his adoring fans, which waited for what probably seemed to them like an eternity for the occasion, rewarded Cohen with standing ovations throughout the night.

".................rewarded Cohen with standing ovations throughout the night." LETS DO THE SAME SEATTLE!!! GIVE HIM OUR LOVE AND ENERGY!!!!
Shauna in Seattle
KaimiK

EXTRA PRESALE TICKET ANYONE?

Post by KaimiK »

Hi Seattle area fans!

I now have an extra presale ticket if you're interested - the original buyer has to go out of town on an emergency business trip. Can you imagine missing LC for a biz trip - what a disappoinment! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, I can sell this for up to 1/2 price, since he graciously offered to let me keep first payment. 8)

Of course, you'd have to meet me early at the venue so we could pick it up together promptly at 6:00! After that I'm heading inside and won't be seen again for hours!

Here are the details:

Seat location: section SEC C, row 23, seat 1

Just let me know as soon as you can. Thanks, and hope to see you all there!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”