Red Rocks Meet-Up

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Greg Ross

Re: Red Rocks Meet-Up

Post by Greg Ross »

Salutations everyone

I'm 10 hours away from flying out of Perth Western Australia for the USA. I leave at midnight Saturday Perth time, which equates to 8.00am Saturday Denver time. I fly in to LA at 6.40am then straight on to Las Vegas for a couple of days, then to Washington (19th - 24th), New York (24th -27th), Memphis (27th - 31st - anybody wish to join me for the evening riverboat cruise on Saturday 30th?) and finally fly into Denver at 8.30pm on Sunday 31st May.

We sure need to firm up our get together, I will be readily available whilst I'm in the States, (from 7.00am Sunday 17th May) to discuss arrangements on my mobile: +61 418 953 275 and my email: gregross7@bigpond.com and really looking forward to meeting everyone.
Cheers
Greg
PS: Just to please you Di, my hat's in the suitcase, NOT on the bed!
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Greg,

Time flies, doesn't it?! Seems like just yesterday we were thinking about a Red Rocks meet up and it seemed months away, and now it's just a little over 2 weeks, and you are getting ready to leave Australia! Thanks for your mobile number. We will still be arriving around 1pm-ish on the 2nd but will immediately check around the hotel for all you guys. On the 2nd, do you think it will be possible for us to have a bite to eat at the venue restaurant? That would put us right at the spot. Since Roman lives in the area, maybe we could check with him if that's feasible. There would probably be about 12 of us. But I'm game for any other ideas you might have. And I've forgotten the name of the place, but Roman mentioned a place for perhaps post-concert. I'll have to go back through all the posts.

Have a safe trip! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Diana

ps...good for you! re the hat ;-)
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Hi there Di

Just about to head for the airport, packed the hat ... and a present for you and Roman and partners, Venue lunch a top idea, will be back in touch in about 25 hours ... a long way from the Indian Ocean!
Cheers ... na, Hallelujah!
All Good Things
Greg

PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Greg –
Welcome to America. I hope you safely landed and proceed with your American tour. I’m looking forward to meeting you in Denver.

Diana –
I have missed you too. And guess what! During the weekend I took a jaunt to see our good friend Leonard Cohen. It’s true, I attended the Radio City concert on Saturday, May 16 and we are even now. It was just fantastic. There are no words to describe it. And I stayed in the Chelsea Hotel, bien sur !!!!

Folks –
It’s about time to finalize our plans. Let’s count how people many we are. We have to decide what we are going to do the day before the concert, the day of the concert and eventually the day after. I can try to make a reservation in the venue restaurant for lunch, on Tuesday June 2nd but I need to know how many will come.
Next time I will revisit every issue one by one.

Greetings,

Roman
Attachments
RadioCity.jpg
RadioCity.jpg (63.35 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I'll go ahead and post here again!

count me for one!

let me know if there is anything I can help with...it's kind of nice having someone else making the decisions!

Thanks!

Denise
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi everyone!

What a shocker! The concert at Red Rocks is 2 weeks from tonight! Where did the time go?

Roman: SO happy for you that you were in NYC and also at the Chelsea! I read your wonderful review on the NYC concert thread and can totally understand how overwhelming the emotions can be!

Greg: Hope you had a good flight over and that you are gradually getting over jet lag and adjusting to the sun going down at the wrong time of day ;-)

I had actually been thinking of perhaps dinner at Red Rocks prior to collecting our tickets...at least anyone who has will-call. But lunch might be a better idea as maybe it could run into the sound check....hmmm. We would just have to leave Estes Park a little earlier. As far as numbers I think it would be at least 12. 2 for me...2 for Roman...2 for Greg...2 for Mary and her husband...1 for Lizzy...1 for Denise...1 for Kelsey who is coming in from Spokane... A couple of people I'm not sure about. There is Marie from Michigan; and Bob, a friend of mine from Ann Arbor (not sure when either is arriving).

Roman..I'm going to pm you with my cell phone number since we'll already be in Colorado; and Greg, will email you with my number also.

Denise: I'm REALLY getting excited and it will be wonderful to see you again :D

Take care everyone...and in the words of someone we all know...."don't catch cold" 8)

Diana
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Roman....and actually anyone interested...

If you know of anyone in Colorado (or anywhere in the US & Canada) who might be interested in going to the concert at Red Rocks I still have 2 extra seats in Row 4 for sale. Row 4 and I think they are seats 90-91, over towards the left side. I'm knocking off all the extra charges I paid and will sell them for 149.50 each, total $299. They are will-call tickets so if someone is interested they would need to meet me at Red Rocks and we'll do the exchange there. They are great seats!

All the best,
Diana
Last edited by ladydi on Sun May 24, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Just confirming what Diana said, that I will be there too - party of 1 and a half! I, too, was thinking about lunch out at Red Rocks - whether that be at the restaurant or picnic. If I understand their website correctly, the visitor center and other areas should be open in the morning, but often close around noon on the day of the show for set-up/soundchecks. I tried to confirm times for June 2 specifically, but the visitor center didn't have any specific info for that day.

As far as dinner - I was concerned that it may interfere with will-call, entry or meet-greet? Of course, whether we'll get to visit with them hasn't been clearly answered. I was thinking though that just because they might not open early doesn't meet they can't do the meet/greet, since they've been coming out between 6:30 and 7:00 anyway, and the venue will be open by then. And at least at Seattle, they were letting in everyone early anyway! We'll have to keep our fingers crossed.

Also, a couple of general questions for anyone more familiar with Denver... Estimated travel time from airport to our hotel? (I know what Mapquest says, but don't know about Denver's traffic...) Also, growing up in the Rockies myself, it almost always gets very chilly after dark - same in the Denver area?

Very much looking forward to meeting everyone!

Kelsey

EDIT** Clarification - I'll be arriving about 9:30am on the day of the concert and am flying out at noon the following day.
Last edited by KaimiK on Tue May 19, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
mutti

Post by mutti »

I will be thinking of all of you at Red Rocks and of course of the concert.
I sadly will not be able to attend for various reasons...i have tried and tried to make it work
so you never know but for now I am not coming.
It will be a great concert at a great venue!
Mutti/Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Kelsey,

I'm not familiar with Denver (we always head straight for the mountains) so I'll leave the travel time question up to Roman but it does appear to be a straight shot on I-70 from the airport to the hotel area. Perhaps Roman can also check if indeed the venue will be open for lunch. I agree that there might be too much going on around dinner time to eat at Red Rocks, because we really DON'T want to miss any of the band members....especially certain ones.... ;-) ;-) ;-)

I would suggest bringing a sweater or jacket for the evening, and also some sort of cushion. 3 1/2 hours sitting on rock might not be too comfortable! Might throw in a cheap rain poncho...just in case....if you have it you won't need it! :D

I'll get in touch with you too with my cell number.

Countin' the days!
Hugs to Aevery...
Diana
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

mutti wrote:I will be thinking of all of you at Red Rocks and of course of the concert.
I sadly will not be able to attend for various reasons...i have tried and tried to make it work
so you never know but for now I am not coming.
It will be a great concert at a great venue!
Mutti/Leslie
Hi Leslie,

Sorry to hear that, but as you said...you never know! Perhaps we'll meet up at another concert soon!

If plans change, make sure to let us know!

All the best,
Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Roman,

Posted on the other thread, will do so again with one change. My husband, George, and myself =2 for the day before and day of the concert. Not the day after, as that is when we will be flying back home. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for everything you have done and are still doing!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Greetings from Washington

This is such a beautiful country,very friendly people and a lot of fun, (I won't bore you all here, but if you're interested, I'm doing a daily blog abut my travels on the Loconut site), anyhow, on with meet-up plans.

Unfortunately I fly out on the 3rd, however, lunch at Red Rocks on the day of the concert souds perfect - how do we book / can we book? Perhaps Roman could make a block booking for all of us? In terms of the night before, as many of us appear to be staying at the Best Western that Roman so kindly sggested, what about all meeting for dinner. drinks, Cohen music and fun on the Monday night, (1st) say from 7.0pm onwards? I'm sure the hotel would be happy to asssist, maybe even make a microphne /PA system available. By the way, my friend's name is Cherry and she's flying in from Oklahoma City.
Cheers
All Good Things
Greg

KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I'd be happy to call and make the lunch reservations as well. I'm not sure who is doing what, but I'm happy to help! Just let me know...

Diana - Thanks for the tips! I think a poncho and seat cushion are excellent ideas! Can hardly believe we're less than two weeks away. Getting a little pre-separation anxiety, but I think we'll be okay!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Rain gear is always a good idea for any outdoor Colorado events!

See you all soon!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”