Red Rocks Meet-Up

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: Red Rocks Meet-Up

Post by MaryB »

Greg,

First, missing out on the 'Wet Rocks Concert That Never Was' (great renaming :lol: ) and then for you to get sick on top of that :cry: ! How wonderful to hear that you are recovering and can now hug your granddaughter - what a joy that must be!

I like being referred to as 'mad as a cut snake' - I think :? :lol: . As long as I don't lash out and bite someone :roll: . Had to google a photo of Dire Straits, and I can see where you are coming from about George's resemblance to the bass player. And here, all these years, he's gotten Michael Landon.

As you promised, the photo did get posted (taken in the Sheraton lobby after the 2nd Hamilton show). Maybe one of these days I'll finally learn how to post photos on this forum. So, thank you so much for posting the photos you took of us! And, George and I love Beetlejuice!

I, too, after looking at all my pictures realized I did not get any photos of beautiful Kelsey. How did I miss that :? :oops: ? That just means Kelsey, that we will definitely have to do another concert together, if just to rectify this situation :D .

Greg, you are so easy to like. What a fantastically personable man you are! Our time together was cut too short. Maybe another concert in the future.............?

Warmest regards,
Mary

(P.S. My email can be reached by the little thing next to the PM thing.)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

LOLOL ~ That's very funny, Darling. The one thing we know for sure is that the ONLY way that previous 'suitor' would ever know about Greg, a would-be one [sorry, Greg, to refer to you that way, but it's just for the sake of consistency :roll: ], would be if someone were to tell him about this posting ~ we already know he has little use for anything here beyond said political thread ;-) No duel at dawn there :lol: .

Mary ~ That really IS you!!! I was looking to see if it had been Photoshopped, due to the difference in lighting from the half that Leonard's in and the half that you're in. You look like the Cheshire Cat who just feasted on a canary. Pleased as punch with your amazing find... but still trying to cover it all with your special-for-the-occasion Mona Lisa smile+1! I love the way he's holding his glasses with his morning paper tucked beneath his arm 8) . Great photo of you two! And not even Photoshopped ;-) . A friend of mine did one with my face on Sharon Robinson's body [don't I wish :lol: !] with 'me' on one side of Leonard and I think she took Leanne Unger's body, to put her on the other side. This was more than several years ago.

Look at the likes of what Greg hangs out with in HIS spare time :razz: .

Oh, yes... and I forgot to mention, too, that I also LOVE your renaming of Red Rocks, Greg 8) ! "Cut snake" Mary ~ that'd be a pretty lively one. I'll have to check out that Dire Straits photo, as Michael Landon was all that I saw in resemblances with George...

Surely SOMEONE got Kelsey in their photos! Perhaps, Mutti did?? Goll darn ~ I sure hope so! That REALLY wouldn't be fair!!

Greg ~ what else could you possibly do for us 8) ?

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

Dinner in Morrison
June 2 2009
'The Concert that never was'
Lizzy,Kelsey,Leslie,George, Mary and Roman
Attachments
DSCN3998.jpg
DSCN3998.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 11737 times
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Oh Leslie,

A picture with Kelsey in it! Thank you so much! Now if I could just figure out a way to make a copy of it for my own personal photo album :? .

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ah, yes, sweet beautiful Kelsey :D ! I'm SO glad you got this photo, Mutti 8) ! She was such a quiet, wonderful treat to meet. At The Hops, we sat next to each other and shared our social-situation similarities [too bad the similarities end there ;-) ].

I'm also glad that the waitress [our own, little scam artist, on the proclivities of cameras :lol: ] took the photo for us, so everyone was in it. I WISH that we'd gotten one from when Diana, Dave, Bonnie, Denise, and I had dinner together in Morrison the day of the actual Dry Rocks Concert on June 4th!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Dear new friends,

Sorry about my absence as of late - it's been a crazy couple of weeks! Love to read everyone's posts, but couldn't think of anything interesting to say myself! Gosh, I think when we're not anticipating a concert, we may have a full blown mutual admiration society happening here. Everyone has such lovely things to say about one another - what a treat! :D :D

And Lizzy - you lucky girl you! What a handsome, charming would-be suitor. 8) I don't know what it is about these Leonard Cohen-listening men, but what a wonderful group of dashing, charming, and interesting fellows! Love it! Thank you so much Greg for the top-notch T-shirt, etc. - what generous gifts and perfect mementos of the concert that never was! Our meeting was much too brief, but I'm perfectly convinced all our paths will cross again one day.

Mary - I was told what a sexy, funny lady you are - and you certainly are! Truly a treat to meet you, I'm so glad we were all there together. You made an otherwise awful day lots of fun. And what a super husband you have. Despite the protests to the contrary - I think he enjoys this Leonard mania almost as much as you!

Roman - Our meeting was much too short. But, what a treat to have you find us at the restaurant when we'd lost all hope of finding any of our missing group! Thank you for being our long-distance organizer!

Diana - It seems we, too, only had a few moments in person. But, I already felt like I knew you via our pm's and it was like meeting an old friend. I'll certainly keep in touch!

Leslie, thank you so much for posting that picture - I really was there! It wasn't just a strange hallucination after all. And to top it all off, any other insomniacs up at 3am to experience the power outage at our hotel? Truly a bizarre grouping of events. :roll:

Now that I'm over a bit of post-missed-concert wallowing, it's back to hoping for a return in the fall. BUT, I absolutely will not visit this forum more than 8 times each day - enough is enough after all!

Hugs to all of you wonderful new friends! I'm sure we'll meet again...

Still expecting...
Kelsey
Last edited by KaimiK on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Kelsey..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hey, Kelsey :D ! It's great to see you here again, post-trauma :cry: !

You're right that these Leonard-listening men are a special lot 8) . One thing they seem to learn for sure from him is that men who truly love women are also loved by them.

A power outage? Well, wouldn't you just know... :roll:

You're right that there will be another time, somehow, somewhere... and it'll be worth the wait. The likelihood of any more cancellations is zilch.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thinking of all of you this morning and how incredible it was that we connected on the 2nd and how lucky we were to have each other to process the postponing of the concert....I originally was not sure if I was going to go to the meet up at the restaurant in Morrison before the concert and was just hoping I would run into you all before the concert..by some miracle all of you were gathering in the lobby when I checked in..and when I realized it was Kelsey and Dianna and Lizzy and Mary...I went over and introduced myself and heard the news.. as there are no coincidences (I believe) it was meant to be that I walked in at that time...spending the day and evening with all of you really made the whole thing so special..I can't imagine how it would have been if I hadn't seen you all.
Diana I am sorry we only had moments together as you had to leave...
Greg what a pleasure it was and is to know you...again thank you for the tshirt and DVD...I am thinking of framing the tshirt with the title "The concert that never was" or as it is now called "Wet Rocks - the concert that never was".
It is so exciting to see a man so honest (the man with the Fedora who is a Bashful Suitor..I love it.) and I hope we have a budding romance/friendship among our midst and that you 2 can meet again...Lizzy are you planning a trip down under soon? well, after we see if there is a Fall tour).
Kelsey - I agree we have unfinished business and that there will be a fall tour. I think it would be incredible if there are a lot of choices that we all pick one that we all can be at...keep us posted how you are and I know we will see you again with your new little one!
Lizzy - loved getting to know you and your bright coloured t shirt said it all about your personality! Your smile is so beautiful!
When are you going down under? of course you need to wait until we see if there are more fall dates for the never ending tour..
Mary - I love the photo of you and Leonard! in Hamilton- I didn't know you met him and had that...PLEASE write us more about that..
you probably have already but tell me where or do it again..that is fantastic..and I am so
glad to have met you...I love what Greg said 'mad as a cut snake'...interesting comment.
And you are so lucky George calls you his lady love and that he follows with you to all these concerts..
Roman I am glad you made it to the dinner and it was a pleasure to meet you!
the Fedora who is a Bashful Suitor..I love it..
I hope the tour continues and we all can meet again and plan one concert to be at together..
Much love Mutti (Leslie)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”