SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
brightnow

Re: SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

Post by brightnow »

jarkko wrote: Boston May 29 & 30: 6.30 pm
I've said it before and I'll say it again: THANK YOU!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

The beat goes on!!!

Leonard from Montreal...same name...same town...no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
redstudio

Post by redstudio »

Thanks for organizing the pre-concert meetups Jarkko, Avi and Leonard- hope to run into you soon!
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

redstudio wrote: Avi and Leonard- hope to run into you soon!
...So, what does that make Leonard and I? The "brothers of mercy"? :lol:
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

redstudio wrote: Avi and Leonard- hope to run into you soon!
When you come to Boston, I'm your man!

Leonard from Montreal....same name...same town....no Golden Voice

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
redstudio

Post by redstudio »

I'll be looking for the brothers. The get together after the Beacon concert was very memorable.
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Redstudio......Too bad we missed you at the after party in NYC....LadyDi told me there was talk of nametags but it didn't happen.

Maybe we could list seats so we can go visiting at intermission or before/after?

I'll be at Left Pit Row 5 on the aisle.

Anyone near me?

Leonard from Montreal...same name...same town...no Golden Voice

brightnow

Post by brightnow »

leonardmtl wrote: I'll be at Left Pit Row 5 on the aisle.

Anyone near me?
I'll be (almost) your mirror twin: Right Pit, row 5, one seat off the aisle
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Maybe we could list seats so we can go visiting at intermission or before/after?
Hi Leonard ~

That always sounds like a great idea, but I daresay it rarely happens... trying to remember other people's names, rows, and seats, when you're more focused on getting to the merchandise table or to the restroom or to grab a drink or to speak with someone you already do know and this is but a brief opportunity to reconnect, if you're not simply ensconced in talking with whoever it is that happens to be right next to or around you. The before- or after-meetups or name tags [hokey as they may be] really are your better plans, if you seriously are hoping to meet others from me. If others have had successful experiences with row and seat numbers, please jump in... I've just not seen or heard of its happening, though I've specifically heard of its not happening, despite the best of intentions.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

lizzytysh wrote:
Hi Leonard ~

That always sounds like a great idea, but I daresay it rarely happens... trying to remember other people's names, rows, and seats, when you're more focused on getting to the merchandise table or to the restroom or to grab a drink or to speak with someone you already do know and this is but a brief opportunity to reconnect, if you're not simply ensconced in talking with whoever it is that happens to be right next to or around you. The before- or after-meetups or name tags [hokey as they may be] really are your better plans, if you seriously are hoping to meet others from me. If others have had successful experiences with row and seat numbers, please jump in... I've just not seen or heard of its happening, though I've specifically heard of its not happening, despite the best of intentions.

~ Lizzy
Oh but it did work! Pam (redstudio) found me at my seat in Boston, it was a lovely surprise!
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Lizzy,

You are right about hokey nametags, which are hard to orchestrate. They never appeared at O'Hurleys in New York, although you and I did meet with LadyDi. So seats became an idea because a meet-up didn't appear to be jelling, although there was a small one at the Bristol Lounge around the corner from the Wang.

What really worked was using the description of what we were wearing for the Early Entrance. I had a wonderful grey Leonard Cohen jacket with the Unified Heart that I got in Toronto. It brought out BobR from Maine, Brightsnow from Columbia, Maryland (Ari), Pomona from Acton, MA (Laurie ), a Forum Memeber from Burlington Vermont, Dr. Bill and others whose names the excitement prevents me from remembering.

All in all, a succesful mini-meet-up.

And both the Friday and Saturday concerts were so emotional, so iconic, so over the top, that on Sunday I immediately tried to figure out how to get to Red Rocks, as I was listening to the London O2 CD!!!

I am still floating!

Leonard from Montreal....same name...same town....no Golden Voice.

gram

Post by gram »

Anyone have any idea which of the multiple Red Rocks entrances we can use a members for early entrance?

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”