Setlists of the North American tour, Spring 2009

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sue7

Re: Please post setlists of the North America tour here!!!

Post by sue7 »

So pleased to see Closing TIme in the setlist for Philadelphia, and hoping for it in NYC on Saturday. But a shame to see that The Partisan was missing: it was one of the extraordinary highlights of the Beacon concert on Feb. 19.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

May 14 Waterbury, CT Set list as reported by Eric R. Danton, critic for The Hartford Courant
http://blogs.courant.com/eric_danton_so ... rbury.html
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
sue7

Post by sue7 »

What an incredible evening at Radio City tonight! The setlist was identical, I think, to the Waterbury one:

Setlist for May 16, Radio City Music Hall, NYC

Dance Me To The End of Love
The Future
Ain't No Cure For Love
Bird on a Wire
In My Secret Life
Who By Fire
Chelsea Hotel #2
Everybody Knows
Waiting For the Miracle
Anthem

--Intermission

Tower of Song
Suzanne
Sisters of Mercy
Take This Waltz
Boogie Street
Hallelujah
I'm Your Man
Thousand Kisses Deep (spoken)
Democracy

-- 1st Encore
So Long Marianne
First We Take Manhattan

--2nd Encore
Famous Blue Raincoat
If It Be Your Will
Closing Time

--3rd Encore
I Tried To Leave You
Whither Thou Goest

I may not have the placing of "If it be your will" correct. Corrections, anyone?

Leonard didn't talk at all until after maybe the fifth song. When he said "thank you" the audience roared and rose to its feet: a wonderful moment.
I don't even know what to say the "high points" were.... what a gift!
cronomer

Post by cronomer »

last night's show at radio city 5/16 was phenomenal !!! did anyone manage to tape the show? if so, pleeeeeeease contact me.

thanks very much,.
matthew
theotherside

Post by theotherside »

my word I would have thought that MrC must be getting a little bored with churning out the same stuff week in week out, how very grasping this is starting to appear
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

theotherside wrote:my word I would have thought that MrC must be getting a little bored with churning out the same stuff week in week out, how very grasping this is starting to appear
????
stfa

Post by stfa »

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada May 19th -8:05-11:20 pm
(actual setlist followed stage list exactly)
SETLIST:
Dance Me to the End of Love
The Future
Ain't No Cure
Bird on the Wire
Everybody Knows
In My Secret Life
Who By Fire
Chelsea Hotel
Waiting for the Miracle
Anthem
-intermission-
Tower of Song
Suzanne
Sisters of Mercy
The Partisan
Boogie Street - Sharon Robinson
Hallelujah
I'm Your Man
1,000 kisses recitation
Take this Waltz
-small bow=
So Long Marianne
Manhattan
-small bow-
Famous Blue Raincoat
If it Be Your Will - Webb sisters
Closing Time
-small bow-
I Tried to Leave You
Whither Thou Goest (with crew)
Hamilton Place April 1993, O'Keefe Toronto July 1993, Center in the Square Kitchener June 2nd 2008, Hamilton Place June 3rd 2008, Copps Coliseum, Hamilton May 19th 2009, Labatt's London May 24th 2009, ACC Toronto December 4th & 5th 2012, Labatts London Dec 11th 2012 Copps Coliseum Hamilton April 9 2013 Tower of Song, Centre Bell November 6th 2017
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

So happy to see 'The Partisan' is back!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Goodfella213

Post by Goodfella213 »

I am not going to try to take any credit.... BUT, I talked to Leonards tour manager after the sunday show in New York. I told him how much I love the show, And how many I have been to. Then I told him That I am devestated they took THE PARTISAN off the playlist. I think its the highlight of the show.

He told me that he would talk to Leonard about it.....

Anyway, I am happy to see it back on!!!!

Joel
honey604

Post by honey604 »

As the Boston concert approaches, my excitement level is increasing daily. I have good tickets for the 29th. After attending the wonderful Montreal concert last June 25, I was determined to see and hear Leonard again in person despite my limited funds! Am just checking the setlists for the more recent concerts and notice that although some great songs have been added, one of my favorites has been dropped -- The Gypsy's Wife, with stirring accompaniment by Javier Mas. Who knows, maybe TGW will make it back on the list for Boston. Hope so....
stfa

Post by stfa »

Goodfella213 wrote:I am not going to try to take any credit.... BUT, I talked to Leonards tour manager after the sunday show in New York. I told him how much I love the show, And how many I have been to. Then I told him That I am devestated they took THE PARTISAN off the playlist. I think its the highlight of the show.
Joel
Take the credit - you deserve it - I was lucky enough to see the results of your efforts at the next show (Hamilton) - it was my highlite of the concert (and what made it even better was that he did not cut Closing Time which I also like very much). I'd like to see That Don't Make it JUnk back (London......please!) but definitely no complaints on the setlist the other night!!!
Hamilton Place April 1993, O'Keefe Toronto July 1993, Center in the Square Kitchener June 2nd 2008, Hamilton Place June 3rd 2008, Copps Coliseum, Hamilton May 19th 2009, Labatt's London May 24th 2009, ACC Toronto December 4th & 5th 2012, Labatts London Dec 11th 2012 Copps Coliseum Hamilton April 9 2013 Tower of Song, Centre Bell November 6th 2017
Bromo

Post by Bromo »

stfa wrote:
Goodfella213 wrote:I am not going to try to take any credit.... BUT, I talked to Leonards tour manager after the sunday show in New York. I told him how much I love the show, And how many I have been to. Then I told him That I am devestated they took THE PARTISAN off the playlist. I think its the highlight of the show.
Joel
Take the credit - you deserve it - I was lucky enough to see the results of your efforts at the next show (Hamilton) - it was my highlite of the concert (and what made it even better was that he did not cut Closing Time which I also like very much). I'd like to see That Don't Make it JUnk back (London......please!) but definitely no complaints on the setlist the other night!!!
That Don't Make It Junk was the one song I was really hoping to hear in NYC. The concert was easily one of the best I have ever seen...that song may have tipped the 17th NYC show to THE best I have ever seen. I love that song to bits and it's the reason I have dipped into the LC catalog beyond the "best of's" and the "hits".

Thomas
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

All setlists can be found here:
http://users.telenet.be/maarten.massa/d ... 8-2009.pdf
Last updated May 22, 2009 (upto Hamilton, May 19)

Please help us by posting the setlists here, thank you!

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Kingston, Ontario, Canada May 22nd

I was lucky enough to pick up a set list from the stage. I was surprised to see that Democracy isn't listed any more (not even as an alternative). It was an amazing show!

SETLIST:
Dance Me to the End of Love
The Future
Ain't No Cure
Bird on the Wire
Everybody Knows
In My Secret Life
Who By Fire
Chelsea Hotel
Waiting for the Miracle
Anthem
-intermission-
Tower of Song
Suzanne
Sisters of Mercy
The Partisan
Boogie Street - Sharon Robinson
Hallelujah
I'm Your Man
A Thousand Kisses Deep recitation
Take this Waltz
-small bow-
So Long Marianne
First we Take Manhattan
-small bow-
Famous Blue Raincoat
If it Be Your Will - Webb sisters
Closing Time
-small bow-
I Tried to Leave You
Whither Thou Goest
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Mollydog wrote:Kingston, Ontario, Canada May 22nd

I was lucky enough to pick up a set list from the stage. I was surprised to see that Democracy isn't listed any more (not even as an alternative). It was an amazing show!
Mary

I'm curious as to what alternatives are listed (if any of course). Is Lullaby there or has that disappeared for good too?

Wendy

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”