May 12-09 Show in Philadelphia

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
blue_94_trooper

Re: May 12-09 Show in Philadelphia

Post by blue_94_trooper »

Dumbjaw wrote:Considering the money I dropped for the Beacon Theatre show, I went straight for Family Circle at 10:00:01am and got Row A seats 6 and 8, just right-center in the first row of that section. $200 total. Very excited! Thank you so much, Jarkko!
Those seats are great considering they were $40 less than the balcony and 1/3rd the price of orchestra.
Jen in PA

Post by Jen in PA »

Dumbjaw wrote:Considering the money I dropped for the Beacon Theatre show, I went straight for Family Circle at 10:00:01am and got Row A seats 6 and 8, just right-center in the first row of that section. $200 total. Very excited! Thank you so much, Jarkko!
I'm in Row A seats 106 and 107, which is about 8 seats away from you. Blew me away that I could choose my seats and actually got exactly what I wanted. See you there, Dumbjaw. Thank you, Jarkko and crew. Holding my breath until I'm really inside on the 12th!
Dumbjaw

Post by Dumbjaw »

Jen in PA wrote:
I'm in Row A seats 106 and 107, which is about 8 seats away from you. Blew me away that I could choose my seats and actually got exactly what I wanted. See you there, Dumbjaw. Thank you, Jarkko and crew. Holding my breath until I'm really inside on the 12th!
Since I totally missed out on manual selection, were there many seats available in Row A of the Family Circle? In other words, did we both get really lucky or were there not many people going for that section?
Jen in PA

Post by Jen in PA »

Dumbjaw wrote:
Jen in PA wrote:
Since I totally missed out on manual selection, were there many seats available in Row A of the Family Circle? In other words, did we both get really lucky or were there not many people going for that section?
Must admit, it's a bit of a blur. I recall that the center, center left and center right sections were available to "Fan Club." I clocked in at about 10:05 after flubbing my first attempt. Checked the balcony first and it was practically sold out, so I moved up to Family Circle and Row A was about half sold. We'll have a great view of the top of Lenny's hat.
blue_94_trooper

It's really a pretty good view from the Family Circle, especially Row A. I'd rather be in Family Circle Row A than Balcony Row D and it's $40 cheaper.

The best available seemed to be offering seats in the left center and right center sections leaving the middle for people who were picking their own seats. I had 101 in my "cart" for a while but kept getting errors when I signed in and eventually lost it. It was almost 10:15 before I completed my transaction and I still got Row A in the right ctr section. I sat in pretty much the same seat for Lion King on my youngest's 5th birthday.
adeleulrich

Post by adeleulrich »

hello,
i, too had a tough time getting through... do you still have extra tix? if so, i am interested (and where are they?)
thanks,
adele
lancaster, pa
double.ell.ess

Post by double.ell.ess »

I got in easily first thing this morning and Balcony Row AA Seat 5 came up and I grabbed it - I think it is good? I think there is no one in front of me. I have never been to one of his shows - and I am over-the-moon happy!
Jen in PA

Post by Jen in PA »

double.ell.ess wrote:I got in easily first thing this morning and Balcony Row AA Seat 5 came up and I grabbed it - I think it is good? I think there is no one in front of me. I have never been to one of his shows - and I am over-the-moon happy!
If you go to academyofmusic.org and click on "Seating Charts" you can see exactly where your seat will be. Balcony AA Seat 5 looks very good to me.
myneurons

Post by myneurons »

I called TicketPhiladelphia just now and was told tickets will first go on sale Monday at 10 a.m.
The Academy of Music website shows the concert "on sale Mar 2"

So how did you all get tickets - all advice most appreciated!
blue_94_trooper

myneurons wrote:I called TicketPhiladelphia just now and was told tickets will first go on sale Monday at 10 a.m.
The Academy of Music website shows the concert "on sale Mar 2"

So how did you all get tickets - all advice most appreciated!
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13530
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi,

Just tried to pick up purchased pre-sale tickets at the "Kimmel Center,"
which ticket personnel said would be available there. That info. was wrong. Now
info. is that "fan club" tickets will be treated differently and won't be
available till 2 hours prior to the show at the "Academy" box office.
Box office people said that the Leonard Cohen concert has different
protocols in place. So, if you want to try to pick up your tickets in advance of the
2 hours prior to show time, you may want to confirm with the box office first.
Philadelphia is not a driver friendly city. -- On street parking in that area is not easy to
come by and the parking lots are not inexpensive. If anyone is able to pick up
their forum pre-sale tickets prior to show date, please let us know. Thanks.
jemtreadwell

Post by jemtreadwell »

I don't think you'll be able to pick them up in advance anywhere. The whole point of this protocol is that if you purchase them through the fan process you can't then go and scalp them on ebay - you have to prove that you bought them by showing an id (presumably a photo-id) and the credit card you used to purchase them.

I guess it also means that even if you have a genuine reason for not being able to make it on the day they're not going to release the ticket to anyone else, so there could be some empty seats.

- Jem
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi Jem,

It may very well be the case that the pick up rules are applicable to the other
show venues also. I appreciate an anti-scalper step and hope that scalpers
won't have access to more than two ticket purchases (as we were limited to
just two) and wish that none were available to them for any concert.

P.S. I see now that our Jarkko has thoughtfully posted in another thread about
our pre-sale "will call" pick up protocols at all the venues. Oh well, maybe bringing
this up again in this thread will help others avoid showing up too soon.
I hope so.
Dumbjaw

Post by Dumbjaw »

Steven wrote:Philadelphia is not a driver friendly city.
After driving in places like New York City, Boston, and Washington DC, I will respectfully but vehemently disagree. The North / South / East West grid system coupled with almost entirely one-way streets makes driving extremely easy in Philadelphia.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Steven wrote:
P.S. I see now that our Jarkko has thoughtfully posted in another thread about
our pre-sale "will call" pick up protocols at all the venues. Oh well, maybe bringing
this up again in this thread will help others avoid showing up too soon.
I hope so.
Hi Steven,

Does this information include the 'will call' times at all the venues? I have searched and searched and still cannot find it :? . Could you, or anyone else, please direct me to this thread. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”