May 12-09 Show in Philadelphia

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
joejoe

May 12-09 Show in Philadelphia

Post by joejoe »

Does anyone know why the May 12-09 Philadelphia show was removed from the Tour info?

***and who says it has been removed?? It has been there all the time / Jarkko***
Dumbjaw

Re: May 12-09 Show in Philadelphia

Post by Dumbjaw »

It's still listed.

It's the show I'll be going to.

I'll be walking there from my apartment! :)
groman

Post by groman »

I just checked the Tour info link and I don't see Philadelphia in there anymore. Has this show been cancelled.
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

groman wrote:I just checked the Tour info link and I don't see Philadelphia in there anymore. Has this show been cancelled.
What link are you using ? The May 12 show in Philadelphia is still listed - right between the May 11 show in Columbia, MD and the May 14 show in Waterbury, CT.

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
gavroche

Post by gavroche »

Does anyone know what tickets philadelphia is and have a link? I live in DC but the Columbia venue is horrible, so this is the closest decent venue to me.
scrantonian

Post by scrantonian »

11th row seats 3,4. had a hiccup with the purchase on the kimmel site, kept saying tickets not yet available had to go back to LCF and re-enter.

see ya there, friends!

chris

Toronto08/Philadelphia09/NYC#2?
garydny

Post by garydny »

what is the link for the Philly ticket purchase site.... LCF?
thanks
James2001

Post by James2001 »

OK, bit of a panic there as Ticket Master (no comment) were not the vendor, so now I'm signed up with the Kimmel and I have my 2 Tickets. Big thanks to Jarkko as ever. A agree with the previous post, Merriweather Post in MD is the worst venue, so it's an Amtrak ride from DC and a night in PA for me and the long suffering other half ("how much did you spend!").

We were lucky enough to catch 2 shows in Montreal last summer and I cannot believe the luck in getting up close again. We'll be in row U 1 and 3. These don't sound too good, but I'm sure they will be fine. They are way expensive, but I have never ever thought twice about the cost of the June 2008 Montreal trip. So, let's start counting the days ;-)
bitless

Post by bitless »

never been happier with a ticket in my life.

and i have camped out overnight once or twice.

a handful inward of the aisle, row EE.

as in EE!

anyone else coming down from new york?

i feel like i should go and donate to the kimmel center now for having a booking system that held a seat while i registered (phew)
robinsont

Post by robinsont »

In case anyone is having trouble purchasing tickets through the link provided, call the Kimmel Center box office (215-893-1999) and you can order them by telephone. That's what I just did! See everyone on May 12th! :D
jemtreadwell

Post by jemtreadwell »

never been happier with a ticket in my life.
and i have camped out overnight once or twice.
a handful inward of the aisle, row EE.
as in EE!

anyone else coming down from new york?
I'm also in row EE - not quite from New York, but from Howell in NJ. Looking forward to seeing you there...
Dumbjaw

Post by Dumbjaw »

Considering the money I dropped for the Beacon Theatre show, I went straight for Family Circle at 10:00:01am and got Row A seats 6 and 8, just right-center in the first row of that section. $200 total. Very excited! Thank you so much, Jarkko!
dfio

Post by dfio »

I bought 4 tickets - most grateful for the password. Site is awful, it crashed and I thought I did not get tickets so I yelled for my husband to buy them at once. So we now have extra 2 tickets. Anyone who wants 2 tickets can contact me. Amazing person, Leonard Cohen - hope May comes soon!!!
double.ell.ess

Post by double.ell.ess »

gavroche wrote:Does anyone know what tickets philadelphia is and have a link? I live in DC but the Columbia venue is horrible, so this is the closest decent venue to me.
TicketsPhiladelphia handles the ticket selling for the Kimmel Center in Philly - and the Academy of Music is grouped in with the Kimmel Center now. It is not TicketBastard or LiveNation - but they do add on "handling" fees. You have to join the site (I think) so you can log in and buy tickets - but the process is fast.

I went through the Presale this morning and got an AA Balcony seat - wheeeeeeee! I'm happy!
:D
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi,

I'll be there too. Ordering on-line didn't work out for me, so I too called them
and ordered the tickets that way. Seems to be about a $10 handling fee
per ticket for my phone order. People not familiar with the Academy
venue should be aware of seats with: Limited View, Limited View Column,
Limited Comfort Column, and Limited Comfort designations. The Academy
website describes what these mean. Also, Ampitheatre seats weren't available
for sale. When those go on sale, some seats are rather high
up and may not be comfortable for some people who are fearful of heights.

Thanks to Jarkko for his many efforts. :)

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”